The Science Project

Chocolate Chip Stories {One Shot Request Shoppe/ Review Shoppe} [HIRING STAFF] ((OPEN FOR ANY RANDOM ONESHOT REQUEST! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TOO ;D ))

FINALLY! I have finished it! I would have finished it earlier Yupina but I was kind of busy because of school and all that. I think you get what I mean *winks*. Anyway, I tried my best to make it interesting and sweet. I'm sorry if I altered some parts of the plot; I did it so I can write a longer story. I had fun writing here, sorry about some scenes here. If you don't like it, it's okay if you ask me to change it. Comments would be loved. K Bye. Mwah!

~

CHARACTERS: Park Ji Hye (OC/YOU) & Lee Sungyeol (INFINITE)

OHHHHH NOOOOOOO! I’m late! I’m late! I’m late! You thought as you grabbed the toast and shoved it in your mouth. You kissed your dad’s cheek before dashing off to school. Your day didn’t really start out well, first you woke up 30 MINUTES LATE! Yup, 30 whole minutes, half an hour, and nobody really bothered to wake you up! And then, you lost the other pair of your very new sneakers!

 

You were a sweating mess! Your hair was all messed up and your uniform all crumpled up even before you attended school. You hung by head low, since You was sweating bullets and you felt really, really sad when you hit a wall. You fell backwards, landing painfully on your but. Weird, you don’t remember seeing a wall there…. You scratched your head and looked up. Your breath caught and your heart started to pound. You bumped into the one and only Lee Sungyeol. The handsomest, the cutest and the smartest man you have every met. Sungyeol lifted his hand to scratch a small of his kneck.

 

“Uhm, I’m sorry.” Sungyeol apologized, lending you a hand.

 

You stared, at awe, at the hand outstretched towards you. You grabbed unto it, liking the feel of his hand, all warm and soft. It made your inside turn to mush…. Ok, I’m over-reacting (^_^).

 

“H-hi…..” You said, as he helped you stand up.

 

“Hi! My name is Lee Sungyeol!” He said, smiling his dazzling smile.

 

aqee.jpg

 

Youwere about to answer when the bell rang, and the last wave of students rushed to enter their first period classes.

 

“Hold that thought! I have to go now, nice meeting you…. Uhm….?” Sungyeol said, his dazzling smile still on his face.

 

“Ji Hye” You introduced.

 

“Ji Hye,” Sungyeol nodded, before disappearing into the crowd.

 

 You stared at Sungyeol’s disappearing back, while all the other students around you disappeared into their respective rooms. You got back to your senses and looked around to the empty hallway. DARN! You’re late for class….. AGAIN…. And on the first day of the new semester too!

 

You looked at your schedule and ran to classroom number 304, her new science class. You pushed open the door as slow as you could to not get any attention, but of course, your bad luck was still not gone. The door scraped against the floor creating this loud squeaky sound you usually hear from chair legs against tiles. You bit your lip as you poked your head inside and everyone was looking at you.

 

“Are you just going to stand there, Ms. Park, or are you going to sit down?” the professor barked. Wow, first day of meeting and he already knows my name. You nodded, and looked at the seating chart pasting unto the wall beside the door. You felt a smile creep unto your face as read that you were seated beside Sungyeol. This was not that bad of a day at all.

 

You walked your way towards the empty seat beside him and saw him look up at you and smile.

 

“Oh, its you again, Ji Hye, right?” Sungyeol said, still smiling. You nodded shyly before taking a seat beside Sungyeol. You spent the whole period drawing doodles and taking peeks at Sungyeol. Come on! Which normal girl wouldn’t look at Sungyeol, he is like a god! Well, you were so busy drawing and staring that listening to your teacher was completely erased from you mind. You were only brought back to reality by the bell. Déjà vu much?

 

“OK, class, I’m expecting you to do good in this project, it is very easy and at least you have a partner to help you.” The teacher smiled before walking out the classroom. You started to panic, OMG, you were not listening AT ALL, at what your teacher was blabbering about. You looked up at Sungyeol who was fixing his bag and you bit your lip.

 

“Uhm, Sungyeol, can I ask you something?” you said shyly.

 

“You weren’t listening were you?” Sungyeol said, it might have sounded harsh but with that dazzling smile, anybody would take it as a complement.

 

“WHAT?! I was listening… I just want you to, like, refresh my memory, that’s all….” You said, looking away. God, how embarrassing was that! “Refresh my memory”? Stupid excuse! 

 

“Oh…. Okay… I’ll refresh your memory.” Sungyeol winked at you, deciding to play along.

 

“Teacher said that we would be doing a science investigatory project about anything we want and she said we could to it with our partner, which is the person seating beside you.” Sungyeol said, still flashing you with his dazzling smile.

 

“Oh….pshhhh… I knew that! I was just confused, that is all! Now, let us do this project at my house, OK? Walk home with me today so I can show you the way!” You smiled brightly before walking out of there. That was a total blow to your ego! Talk about embarrassing! You just acted like a bad student in front of your super smart crush. ACK!

 

In the next few weeks, the two of you would always meet up before going home to go to either one of your houses. You became super close and started to feel like best friends, though you just met just a few weeks before.

 

It was the day before the experiment presentation and after tomorrow, no more meetings with Sungyeol. You felt sad that you would loose the reason to meet up with Sungyeol. You were walking with Sungyeol to your house when you decided to take action. You have decided to tell Sungyeol how you felt.

 

“Sungyeol, let’s go to the park before we start our project, is that okay?” you asked Sungyeol, looking up at him with one of your many innocent smiles. Sungyeol smiled down at you and nodded.

 

“Sure, but let’s make it quick, we have to check our project since tomorrow will be our presentation…” Sungyeol smiled. You weren’t sure if you really saw the quick frown that appeared on Sungyeol’s face or that you just imagined it. However, that thought was pushed to the back of your mind when Sungyeol grabbed your hand and ran the rest of the way towards the park, which was just two blocks away from where you were.

 

Panting and slightly sweaty, you collapsed unto an empty bench with Sungyeol doing the same on the other side of the bench.

 

“You shouldn’t have made me run like that,” you panted, wiping the bead of sweat racing it’s way down your face. This was not the way you wanted to look in front of Sungyeol!

 

“I know, but it was fun, right?” Sungyeol asked, but with no reply on your part.

 

“Ji Hye, is something wrong?” Sungyeol asked, worry creasing his eyebrows.

 

You looked up at Sungyeol with serious eyes and Sungyeol stared back.

 

“I have something to tell you… And it’s important, very important” You whispered, your hands kneading your dress.

 

“Ok then, tell me this important thi-,” Sungyeol started to say but you cut him of.

 

“I like you,” you whispered. Sungyeol’s eyes widened.

 

“Wha-what?!” Sungyeol asked

 

“I LIKE YOU, OKAY?” You hissed, pink tinting your cheeks. You looked up at Sungyeol to see his reaction. He was staring down at you with unreadable eyes.

 

“What? Aren’t you going to say anything?” You asked, much to your dismay, Sungyeol stayed quiet….

 

You could feel the tears forming on your eyes. You pushed yourself off the bench and ran to your home.

 

~

 

You were two blocks from home and that was when you really let your tears go. You wiped feverishly at the tears that kept on running down you face. You knew it! You knew that he did not like you! You should not have told him anything! You just messed everything up!

 

This thoughts made you cry even harder, to the point it was dizzying and you were having a bit of a hard time seeing what was in front of you.

~

You were in front of your silent house but you did not dare enter your house with swollen eyes, moreover with swollen and crying eyes! You would just worry your mom. You wiped at the last remaining tears from your eyes and blew the snot unto a tissue you just found hiding in the little pouches of your bags (don’t worry, it’s clean). You were about to climb the steps of your porch when a voice called from behind you.

 

“JI HYE! WAIT A MINUTE!”

 

You looked behind you and saw Sungyeol running towards you.

 

“Ji Hye! Wait!” Sungyeol panted, as he stopped in front of you.

 

 You didn’t get how he can look so cute even when he is tired from running.

 

“What are you doing here? Are you going to say that you don’t like me and your sorry? No thanks, I got the idea from your silence.” You hissed, looking away.

 

“Ji hye….” He whispered, cupping your face with his hands to make you look at him.

 

“That’s not what I was about to say…” Sungyeol whispered.

 

“Then what wa-“ you started to say but you were caught of guard by what Sungyeol did.

 

Sungyeol closed the inches between you and kissed you. He wrapped his arms around you waist while kissing you as passionately as he can. You didn’t want to stop  kissing him but you knew that there was a possibility your mom would see. You pulled away….

 

“What was that about?” you laughed.

 

Sungyeol laughed. “That means I like you to, pabo…. Hell, I love you…” Sungyeol smiled…

 

You smiled up at him and hugged him back.

“Who you calling pabo, Lee Sungyeol?”