Old crush

The sister

Moonbyul had met Solar's sister 6 years before, when Yonghee came to their dorm to visit.

The rapper got really impressed with the girl's cool personality and stunning beauty.

It was like watching a celebritiy walking and talking around and Moonbyul was still too young and inexperient in the music business to be used to that feeling.

Yonghee was like an older and more controled version of Solar. 

The girl had this aura of someone who didnt get very surprised with anything and she couldnt care less if her baby sister and friends were on tv or magazines.

Moonbyul felt attracted to the more mature unnie as she never had felt by her best friend. 

Solar was just a child with power, in the rapper's point of view.

Obviously, Moonbyul considered her best friend more beautiful but in the cute way. On the other hand, Yonghee was naturally y and that quiet or low way of expressing herself just made her the rapper's role model.

It was not love or passion. However, Yonghee was Moonbyul's biggest girl crush since krystal.

When she told Solar that she would rip Krystal's poster from the wall if she had a big picture of Yonghee, the singer laughed at her. 

Solar told Moonbyul to never let her sister know about that silly crush thing or else, she would see how cold the older girl could be.

And just like that, the younger girl suffocated those thoughts inside her mind and moved on. 

In the course of the following 3 years , Solar and Moonbyul became like paper and glue and the rapper met Solar's sister on rare ocasions.

Besides forgetting that crush, Moonbyul developed feelings for Solar and that really for her.

Her best friend was the kind of girl who would keep pushing and pulling, teasing and denying.

It was frustrating, and lonely at times. However, Moonbyul didnt know how to stop that feeling.

She wanted to be around Solar. And she needed to be around Solar. 

When Mamamoo held their first concert, their families went there and the rapper saw Yonghee again. Nevertheless, her brain was totally addicted to just one Kim. So now, no matter how beautiful the older sister was, nobody was at the level of Yongsun for Moonbyul.

One year later Yonghee started living with Solar in the singer's apartment and that changed a lot of Moonbyul's and Solar's friendship dynamic because they used to make their vlives in the singer's place all the time or just hang out together with excess of intimacy and things seemed weird having a third person around.

When the girls had their biggest fight and didnt talk for a week,  Yonghee tried to reason with her younger sister.

She told Solar that a friendship as strong as theirs should never allow small bickerings to take the lead and that pride was like poison.

However, the singer didnt listen to her big sister and Moonbyul had to take the iniciative to make things go back to normal again.

After they made up, Moonbyul still kept showing sadness for a while and Yonghee once again talked to her sister. 

She told Solar that she sensed Moonbyul didnt feel her best friend 's true feelings and the girl seemed fading like a flower.

The singer didnt want to admit her unnie was right. On the other hand, Moonbyul smile was faint and her eyes didnt shine like before.So Solar overcame her own fears and started showing some public affection to her best friend.

Moonbyul got so happy that she glowed and for a short while, it was like Yongkong Byulkong had gone back go the old days. They even did a vlive at Solar's place again, when Yonghee went out to the gym.

It isnt wrong to say the rapper dared to assume that her best friend was finally opening her heart to accept the younger girl's love. However, Solar backed down for the hundreth time and Moonbyul never felt so frustrated.

A new year started and Mamamoo had the huge project of four seasons and the solos. So, the rapper focused all her frustration at work and started spending more time with the other members, not only with Solar. Nonetheless,  her feelings remained the same.

During Blue;s era, the rapper felt the urge to be closer to Solar as much as possible again and would go visit her very often, even when the older woman told her not to.

Yonghee had fun watching her sister bickering with her best friend as an old couple, as well as the way they kept flirting almost without realizing.

The two sisters had already moved from the apartment to the house and Moonbyul even knew the security code, even though she didnt enter the house without waiting for the owner or the older girl to open the door for her. 

One night it was just Solar and Yonghee and the older sister asked if Moonbyul wouldnt have dinner with them .

The singer got surprised because she expected her sister was tired of the rapper. However, the girl confessed she liked when Moonbyul was around,  that her sense of humor was nice and that she was getting prettier every day.

Solar took that as a joke, as a way sisters use to mock each other. Until that night and that scene between Yonghee and Moonbyul.

Her question kept echoing in her mind: "so you're not doing it again, right?"

Her best friend didn't give her a proper answer. Or an explanation about all that mess. She just stood there staring at her and saying she was sorry.

Solar felt so much anger that she jumped on Moonbyul and slapped her arms and the intention was to hurt the blond physically. Despite of that, the girl took most of the slaps and punchs quietly.

Moonbyul turned around to leave when the singer asked:

____  Is this why you keep coming to my place? Because of her?

The younger girl stared at the brunette with a hurt expression:

____ No! Dont even believe you are questioning my loyalty to you, my feelings regarding us!

____ How would you react if you saw me kissing your sister?____ Solar growled.

____ Badly, I guess. But for reasons very different from yours.____ The rapper looked sad.

_____ What do you mean? And how can you know my reasons?

____ Come on, Yong....You dont like me. And you've been always weird about gay stuff. I would be shocked if you kissed my sister because she is my baby, 6 years younger than you. And I am not even considering the little one. But other than that, if she liked you....If you...liked her...Well, two people I love being together. My sister would be lucky to be loved by you....

Solar opened her eyes in shock with the amount of words that somehow were hurting her. 

She had the impression Moonbyul had wiped some tears discreetly and that was painful too.

____ What nonsense is that that I dont like you? And that I am weird about gay stuff?

____ You don't. Well, you do like me. As your sister. The difference is that I am your punching bag. And you may be supportive of gay moos and that's great but....you can't stand the sight of me and the girls doing skinship as a joke. Even if you're not involved.

____Look, Byul-ah.... You're being unfair to me. It's not...It's....Ah, you!____ Solar got so frustrated that she couldnt put into words what she wanted to say.

Yonghee decided to intervene:

____ Girls, it's late. You should all rest and talk once everyone's thoughts are clear.

If a look could kill, Solar would certainly have murdered her big sister. 

Moonbyul grabbed her stuff and walked towards the door.

Solar saw when Yonghee held the rapper's hand and gave an affectionate little squeeze before waving her goodbye.

That was the last drop for the night.

The singer went to her bedroom and smashed the door with all her fury.