Change

Forgive

Image result for jinjoo izone

[living room]

Yujin and Minjoo both seat at the end of the couch trying to figure what just happen. Suddenly Yujin speak up

‘sigh’” something happens without me knowing?” Yujin asks calmly, trying to sort out the problem but more to ensure her heart. “you can tell me. I’m open, no bad though” Yujin said with bluntly without looking at Minjoo.

 

Even though those words sounds simple but to Minjoo those are the most difficult and complicated question she ever has to answer. With all the courage that left.

“Yujin-ah you have to believe me, I really don’t know” Minjoo look at Yujin trying to make eye contact.

Looking at Minjoo face, Yujin tries to find a hint of a lie but found none.

“you..you really have to believe me, I really don’t know. I would never lie to you or even cheat on you. Y..you..you know that I’m really bad at lying right? Y...Yujin-ah?” Minjoo tried her best to plead while clenching Yujin sleeve.

‘sigh’ “don’t touch me,” Yujin said with no emotion.

 

Yujin action break Minjoo heart so much, she starts to kneel in front of Yujin holding her knee pleading Yujin to believe her.

 

“THEN WHERE THIS CREATURE COME FROM!!!! TELL ME KIM MINJOO!!!!” Yujin burst her emotion that she has been keeping since that evening. Tears start to fall.

Yujin runs her hand across her face.

“tell me Kim Minjoo, I need a relevant answer to believe. Who would believe if the baby suddenly in you? Tell me Kim Minjoo” this time Yujin is the one who pleads.

Hearing Yujin calling her full name, Minjoo knows she messes up big. With all the tears, no words come out from .

“ what are we going to do,” Yujin said out of frustration but those sentence alarm Minjoo.

“please don’t leave me Yujin-ah, I don’t want to live without you, please Yujin-ah. I’ll do anything for you. I’ll abort this baby. We’ll go see the doctor tomorrow. No..no I’ll go alone hmm yujin-ah?” Minjoo frantically plead.

“No… don’t abort it. Keep it, enough with all the trouble. I don’t want to kill innocent life. Keep it” Yujin said while closing her eyes tightly as she forces those word out of her.

“but…but…” Minjoo is so confuse

“no more discussion, I’m tired, I will shower first” ‘sigh’

Yujin walks straightly to their room.

 

For the whole day, no conversation between them happen.

 

(night)

After a long time, for the first time, they sleep with the back facing each other.

After trying so hard to sleep, Yujin gets up and sleep on the couch in the living room instead, trying to drift herself from bad though. Without she realise Minjoo is also wide awake and saw her went out of the room with a tear in her eyes.

 

(morning)

Minjoo wakes up with puffy eyes and sore throat trying to reach for Yujin but yesterday incident came flashing through her mind. Minjoo notices a sticky note pasted on her bedpost.

- I’ll go to work first, I’ll ask the driver to drive you to work but if you want a day off just inform the driver when he’s there--Yujin-

 

[office]

‘knock knock’ “come in” yujin look up to see her partner.

“oh Yujin-ah, you’re early today, where’s Minjoo? Is she sick?” yena ask.

“Nah, I don’t know if she’ll coming to work or not” sensing something wrong with her partner/best friend.

“something happens?” yena ask reading yujin face.

“nothing, she woke up late that’s all” yujin don’t want to worry her give a small smile.

“you can tell me you know, I’m all ears for you” yena try again. “no it’s okay, I’ll tell you when I am ready okay?”

 

On cue, Minjoo came into the room since her table is in the same room as yujin. Sensing the tension between the couple, yena tried to make a joke “both of you fight for bathroom turn again or what?” but the coldness alert yena that something big has just happened.

“I’ll go first, just came by to say hi. Oh and yujin-ah, I want the report today so I can report on my part okay?” yena walk with confuse face

“okay” “why are you standing there, it’s not like it’s your first time here” hearing yujin cold tone made minjoo flinch.

“sorry” minjoo voice almost cannot be heard but yujin still could figure what is the word.

Minjoo hastily takes her seat at her table not to make yujin angry more.

The whole morning minjoo and yujin cannot concentrate on their work but clumsy minjoo make multiple of mistake.

‘sigh’ “yah minjoo, for the last time, please please please double check your error. Just like how you should check if you ever cheat or not. I’m tired of this” ‘sigh’ “take this back and correct it.

Before minjoo can stand to take her paper, yujin throw it on the floor.

That tears minjoo heart and hurt her so much. Before this, whenever minjoo made any mistake yujin never raise her voice or even worse throw her paper on the floor, she always guides minjoo to do better. This hurt minjoo pride so much she collects her paper and cries silently at her place. Fortunately, her table placement half back facing yujin.

 

(11.30 a.m)

Minjoo stomach growl for the only god knows how many time since she didn’t take her breakfast that morning.

Used to eat with yujin every morning, minjoo find having breakfast today is useless so she decided to skip.

But little did she know, yujin heard every single growl came from her tummy. Yujin actually feel bad but she still hasn’t recovered from yesterday

 

(12.30 a.m)

Looking at the clock yujin stand from her seat, take her phone and wallet yujin walkout pass minjoo while calling yena asking to go to lunch with her.

Again, minjoo heart shattered.

‘sigh’ she again decided to skip her meal because usually, she ate with yujin. She continues her work without any break trying to finish the work yujin gave to impress her.