Chapter 6: Good Morning!

My Dream VS Them

Chapter 6: Good Morning!

 

“Aigoo,” I groaned as I tried to get up. Myung helped me up, but I told him it was okay. I dusted myself off, and looked at his worried face, “I’m alright, oppa.” He looked relieved.

 

“Are you sure? What are you doing here anyway? I thought you went home last night. And..” he looked at my shirt as he sat on the third step of the stairs. “Why are you wearing my shirt?” He raised his brows, and realized, “Ahh, Sungjong,” he clicked his tongue.

 

“Look, oppa. I’m really sorry for troubling you guys last night,” I said, fiddling with my fingers. I was really nervous. “I- I slept here so I can ask you the way back to Myeongdong this morning.”

 

He looked like he really just woke up, and like his brain was still initializing. He stared at me blankly. “You live in Myeongdong? That’s silly.”

 

“No! Of course not,” I exclaimed. “I just know the way from there.” And then he just looked at me, which I found really awkward.

 

I heard someone called from the inside of the house. “Myung? Where are you? What’s for breakfast?” It was Gyu. He came out of the main door, and was shocked to see me talking with Myung. Although I wondered why the leader would ask the 2nd maknae what’s for breakfast. I guessed Myungsoo always had good suggestions when it comes to food.

 

Gyu turned to me, and said, “Ah! Dongsaeng, you’re still here. Why? Do you need something?”

 

“Nothing, err- I just need directions. I don’t know this place. I need to go back to Myeongdong."

 

As we talked, Myung stared at me real still, and blinked very slowly. I wondered what he was thinking. Maybe he really liked his shirt that I was wearing, and was plotting my death.

 

Gyu nodded, and said, “Oh. Okay. First, you go straight that alley and turn left,” I nodded too, showing him that I understood his instructions. Myung stood up, straightened his pajamas, and said, “Eggs and bacon,” he walked back inside the house like a zombie would, scratching his , and kept muttering, “Eggs and bacon.”

 

Weird Myung, I thought. Gyu looked back as he stopped giving me directions, and asked him, “Well, can you cook?” I got a mini heart attack when Myung suddenly peeked. “No, I can’t. But I bet that girl can,” he pointed at me using his lips, and he disappeared. My eyes widened.

 

“Aish,” said Gyu. “She can’t cook for us because she’s going home.” He turned back to me and continued giving me directions. He also asked if I had money, and was willing to give me some so I can get home, but then Sungjong appeared.

 

“Dongsaeng! You’re okay!” he said, and approached me, his hands clasped together. I smiled. He looked really relieved that I came back, or should I say, I stayed. “Hyung! Please let her have breakfast with us. Pretty please?” He back hugged Gyu, and used his really effective Puss-in-boots sort of look.

 

Their eyes had a little conversation, and Gyu faced me, “Are you hungry dongsaeng?”

 

I was about to say no, but my stomach made a growling noise. I realized my last meal was yesterday's lunch: that Bulgogi from a restaurant in Myeongdong. And that chase with the rapists really did make me hungry. 

 

“Well, I guess that’s a yes," Gyu concluded. Jong then pulled me by the arm and showed me the way inside while Gyu stayed outside to get some fresh air. Jong carefully closed the door, and as soon as he did, he asked me, "What's your name again? Was it Lyla?" He knitted his brows as if remembering something that happened years ago. 

 

"I'm Lily," I said and smiled when Jong added, "..the rejected Woollim trainee. Right."

 

I looked around the deserted common room. I figured the others were still in bed. The common room looked exactly the same as last night. It was messy as ever. I even saw my ripped shirt lying at one corner. Boys

 

And then Dongwoo shouted from the bathroom. "Jong, is that you?"

 

"Yes," Jong replied. 

 

Dongwoo came out from the bathroom, laughing, and said, "You have to see this. My dump was so long and slithery and.." he stopped mid-sentence, his hands gesturing a measurement, when he noticed I was there. My face distorted a bit when I started to notice the smell. Damn it, Dongwoo. Wrong timing.

 

He looked really embarrassed and turned red. "Oh, hi dongsaeng." He looked uneasy as he waved his fingers, and disappeared out of sight. That's alright, oppa. Everyone takes a dump, I thought. 

 

"Sorry about that. That was really disgusting," Jong apologized. "I mean, who takes a dump in the morning?"

 

"Obviously, Dongwoo oppa." I chuckled. "Anyway, it's alright. Now, what's for breakfast?"

 

"Are you serious you're still hungry after what Hyung said?" he cracked a smile.

 

My stomach growled again, only louder this time.

 

"Yep."