Chapter 11: Woollim Entertainment

My Dream VS Them

Chapter 11: Woollim Entertainment

 

We came to a halt as we neared the Woollim Entertainment building. It was an ordinary looking building, nothing special. Except for the fact that KPop idols trained there, and I was pretty sure that there were also a lot of other trainees in the building at that time, waiting for their turn to shine.

 

We got off the van, and Gyu and the boss made their way inside the building. I also hurried off with them, glancing left and right and observing the place. I was here before, I thought. 

 

It was the exact same building I've been to months ago when I auditioned. But it looked a bit different from the outside. I figured it was because of the season change. However, it looked the same when I got inside. 

 

Gyu held the door for me and the boss as we entered a professionally designed office. It was the CEO's office. There were a huge LCD TV, a sofa set, some Korean Calligraphies displayed on one side of the wall, and the successful KPop idols under Woollim's posters on the other side. Of course, there was also a desk, and behind it sat the CEO. 

 

He sat on a swivel chair, and spun around as we entered his office. I was expecting someone wearing a very formal coat and tie. I guessed my expectation was too much. He wore an oversized t-shirt and baggy pants and looked really cool. His glasses are the only things that made him look like the actual CEO.

 

“Oh hello, Gyu, Infinite boss, and who do we have here?” he said as he stood up and lowered his glasses. He gave us a signal to have a seat on the nearest sofa.

 

“Sir, this is Lily, one of INFINITE’s friends.” The boss stopped as I stood up and bowed.

 

“Nice to meet you, sir.” The CEO just nodded at me, and looked back at the boss with one of his eyebrows raised.

 

“Uhm, sir, I know this is none of my business, but I would like you to check on her. She can sing very well, and I figured she might bring a lot more fortune to Woollim.”

 

I avoided everyone’s eye contact, and just pretended to look at the calligraphies on the wall. Gyu sat beside me, listening attentively to the conversation, and looking at me from time to time.

 

“And you think you can just bring someone over and convince me to make her a trainee?” asked the CEO. “It’s not likely,” he added.

 

Looks like I’m gonna have to try to audition all over again, I thought. I also felt that it was quite unfair to those who were trying their best to audition via the normal way. Like, the walk in way.

 

“But Chief,” the boss paused. He whispered something to Gyu, and Gyu grabbed me by the arm and pulled me outside the office. I gave him the where-are-we-going look, and he gave me the I’ll-explain-to-you-outside look.

 

When we were outside the office, he made sure we were out of earshot.

 

“I know what boss is going to do.”

 

“What?”

 

“He’s usually like that. He’s good in persuading people, especially the CEO. He just wanted to do it privately. Basically, without anyone hearing him. So we stay here until they call us in.”

 

I nodded in understanding, and looked below. Apparently, we were on the second floor, and from there, we could clearly see what was happening on the first floor. It was some sort of an indoor balcony.

 

I was just staring at the empty first floor when someone approached us. I didn’t look, but I heard him.

 

“Sunggyu hyung!”

 

“Ah! Dongsaeng. How’s training?”

 

“It’s all good! Where’s Sungyeol hyung?”

 

“He’s in the dorm.”

 

“Oh. Then why are you here? I mean, why didn’t they come with you here?”

 

I kept staring at the first floor. I didn’t know why. Maybe because I wasn’t just that interested in seeing that guy’s face. I was thinking of what was actually happening inside the office of the CEO.

 

Sunggyu then replied, “I just accompanied her and boss. Anyway,” Gyu poked me. “This is Lily.”

 

As I turned, I dropped my heart. It was Daeyeol, Sungyeol’s little brother. I didn’t know he was already training under Woollim. And at the moment, I didn’t know if I could socialize with Mr. Idiot’s brother.

 

“Lily, this is Daeyeol, your enemy’s- ah- I mean, Sungyeol’s brother.” He giggled.

 

I bowed and introduce myself, and he did the same. He gave Gyu a questioning look, but Gyu just waved him away. He then smiled at me so innocently. He looked really hyped up, despite that he was so sweaty because of the training. I looked at Gyu, who gave me a very meaningful look. I didn’t know what it meant exactly, but his eyes sort of said, “Awesome, you’re making friends with your mortal enemy’s brother.”

 

Daeyeol then left as he waved at us. I found him really cute, and I was smiling the whole time too. Gyu elbowed me.

 

“What’s with the smile?” he smiled smuggly.

 

“Nothing. I just find him..” I paused and tilted my head, “..way better than his older brother.”

 

“Lily likes Daeyeol, Lily likes Daeyeol..” he sang in an unknown tune while dancing, making bunny ears and pouting. He looked really stupid. If Nam was there, he would have been jealous. Nam doesn’t like anyone stealing his Aegyo King title. Too bad, this wasn’t the time for aegyos. But Gyu was doing it anyway.

 

“Stop that! I don’t like him. I mean, I don’t dislike him either.” I said. He still continued dancing and singing.

 

“STOP IT OPPA! He might hear you!”

 

“No, he won’t. Lily likes Daeyeol, Lilly likes Daeyeol…”

 

And then we heard a door opening. The boss’s head peeked out, and he said, “Lily, Gyu, you can come back here inside.”

 

Gyu stretched his arms and said, “This is the moment!”

 

Yea,I thought. This is the moment I get rejected again.