A Favour

love, she said
A Favour
chapter 6
"Just try your best and have fun okay?" 

We all nodded before coming onto the court together. It's been weeks since Hyejin sent me the screenshot of Yongsun indirectly rejecting me. Hyejin encouraged me everyday to talk to her again but the thought of interacting with her made me stressed out. She would be fine without me. Right? 

Tweet! The ball was thrown into the air and Hyejin easily jumped up and scooped the ball out of reach. A clean pass to Irene was made as she attempted to dribble past the other teams defence. 

The basketball flew out of bounds when a girl on the other team decided to hit to ball out of Irene's grasp, frowning when the referees blew the whistle and declared that the ball posesion belonged to us.

"Enna!" A play. The other players were confused as we moved around the court to our ready postitions. "Break!" 

We scattered to our final positions, where Irene dribbled in bounds and gave a bounce pass to me. 

Deja vu. The ball was ripped out of my grip as a girl elbowed me hard in the ribcage, causing me to fall over and gasp for air. "Continue the game!" One of the referees called as I was still on the floor gasping for air.

"Are you ing kidding me?!" Hyejin walked up to the referee and stared him in the face, giving him a glare. "This happened last time too! You stupid referees are biased for the other team!" There were chimes of agreement through out, everyone stopped playing. 

"You don't look like the referee to me, little girl." Hyejin made a shocked face and we all flinched. It was over for him. "Say that again?"

"I said that you aren't the referee here, little girl-" 

It all happened so quickly. Suddenly the ref was on the floor, Hyejin standing over him menacingly, ready to deliver several more blows. "Hyejin noo.." I walked over extra slowly, letting her get in another kick before grabbing her and pulling her away.

Tweet! "JYP is officially disqualified from the tournament. SM will continue to move on. Next game!" I hit Hyejin on the back of her head playfully. "What the dude."

She sat down, leaning on the wall. "You know I couldn't let them do you like that again."

I scoffed, kneeling down next to her. "Have I ever told u how much I appreciate you?" A large grin spread over her face. "No, but you should do me a favour instead."

I helped her over to the bleachers to sit down in our designated area. "Ask Yongsun out." 

My face became red immediately, furrowing my eyebrows. "You of all people should know why I can't do that." She gave me a sad smile before giving me a cocky smirk. 

"Byulie, she really likes you, she just didn't know it back then." I scoffed once again, sitting down next to her with a plop. "Sure."

"What's this I hear about asking Yongsun out?" I whipped my head to the right, seeing Irene with a matching cocky smirk. "You don't even know.."

She slid to the seat next to me, leaning closer to my ear. "But I really do." I flinched back, not ready for her weirdness. "I think you've forgotten that I'm one of Yongsun's closest friends. You know, the one that she tells all her secrets to?"

I looked at her, doubtful. "Hyejin's telling the truth Moonbyul, just give her a chance." Hyejin gave me her best puppy eyes, grabbing ahold of both my hands.

"Come on Moonbyul, I punched a referee for you." I flicked her off. "And also got our team disqualified from the entire competition."

She pouted, while Irene grabbed my arm and turned me back towards her. "Look Moonbyul, I probably know Yong the best out of anyone, and I know for a fact that she would be ecstatic if you chose to ask her out."

I sighed. "Look Irene, you don't get it. Yongsun already said that she didn't like me." She snickered. "Of course I know about that. You know, she talks about you quite a bit." I blushed. 

Inside I wanted to believe them, but at the same time I didn't want to get my hopes up. "Please please please please-" Both of them started chanting, grabbing ahold of both my arms and waving them around in the air like a magic wand. 

"Fine!" They looked like children who had just been awarded candy. I took out my phone and airplane mode. That was my genius plan. After turning on airplane mode the message wouldn't actually send so I could pretend like I actually asked Yongsun out.

I looked down in my and Yongsun's chat, feeling a little bit of guilt rise up inside of me.

Last message: @solar.sunshine -  LOL ily <3

I left her on read after that. I just didn't know what to say. Hyejin and Irene looked at me eagerly as I typed in our chat. 'ily yongie go out with me', sent. Not delivered. They both squealed beside me, while I closed the app and smirked devilishly. 

"Happy?" Hyejin waved her arms in the air. "Finally they're gonna get together." They gave each other a high five and I gave them a defeated smile.

"Now, I just wish that me and Seulgi could get together", Hyejin whined to me, expecting me to do something. 

"What do you want?"

She hit my shoulder, glaring. "I helped you get with your crush, now it's your turn to help me get with mine." I laughed in my brain. sure.

"You don't understand Moonbyul, she's so cute. I would literally die for her." I took out my phone and played games mindlessly. "Sure?"

She shook me, causing me to lose balance and fail the level that I was on. "Look Hyejin, I hate to be the that says this, but Seulgi is just gonna be another one of those girls that come and go like the rest of them. Nothing's different."

"But no Moonbyul, I think I love this girl. For real for real. I don't wanna be with anyone else." I rolled my eyes at her cheesiness. 

"Whatever, I'm going home." I turned airplane mode back off and texted my dad to pick me up. Hyejin came back into my personal space, suggestively wiggling her eyebrows.

"Did Yongsun reply yet~?" I rolled my eyes sarcastically. "Why don't I check."

I unlocked my phone. "Oh look, no response from Yongsun yet-"

instagram - @Solar.sunshine: ilyt, where do you wanna go :)

author’s note
Hey guyss it was a pretty short chapter I just wanted to update before I finally get to summer break. I have lifeguarding class currently so everything is kinda stressful with her in it and all. I still have a lot of content to get through so expect a longer update next time. Love you uwu