Tie

love, she said
Tie
Chapter 4
"you know what you could do for her to notice your feelings?”

Hyejin asked me nonchalantly, flipping through the pages of her study guide for the 5th time. I eagerly nodded, my face lighting up.

"You could ing confess like a normal person?” I smacked her in the arm with my 400 paged ‘Geography 101’ textbook, causing her to groan and glare at me. “You know I can’t do that.”

She gave me a weird look. “And why is that?” I opened my mouth to respond but nothing came out. I thought for a moment. Why couldn’t I confess..? I shook my head, it was too risky and I would most probably get rejected. I had never confessed first to my crush. Ever.

Either they would confess first or they would eventually figure it out. The thought of directly confessing absolutely terrified me. Especially with someone like Yongsun, who was way out of my league and was bound to just scoff at my confession.

Even though I knew that she wasn’t the type of person to just laugh at people’s confessions, I couldn’t help but overthink everything.

Sighing, I banged my head on the table while Hyejin patted my head affectionately. “Did you bring your lucky shorts today? Because we’re going to be versing SM after school.”

I blushed. “How did you know I have lucky shorts?” She rubbed my shoulder and stood up. “I know everything babe.”

~

Like always, I barely got to see Yongsun. (And when I did I would run away but that’s beside the point) Sighing again, I ran my hands through my hair, pulling it into a ponytail. Currently, I was in the change room of my old high school, the same one I used to love and admire.

I had left the school when I got accepted into the IB program. In the beginning, I didn’t want to go because it would mean leaving all my friends and going into a new school that I presumed was full of nerds.

Although regret was not one of the things I felt when I entered the new school. Everyone was nicer and classes were more challenging to suit my needs. Everything stayed the same except for one thing. Realization. SM High was called the worst school in our region, being known for having the most drug busts in a single year and the most snobby rich kids anyone has ever seen.

"This is your old school?” I turned around to see a familiar bunny girl staring at me attentively. Chuckling, I nodded. “Everyone here seems like a jerk”, she pouted, her eyes accusing. I only smiled and tilted my head, “Some aren’t-.”

"SM vs JYP, court one.” She shifted her glance to the change room door, nervously gripping her shorts drawstrings. “Looks like that’s us.”

~

"Guard her! Hyejin if you don’t ing take this seriously-” BZZT. Hyejin had successfully passed the other team’s defence and did a layup despite the other team’s constant smacking. “That’s a foul! She literally pushed her onto the floor on purpose!” I looked at the bench to see Joohyun screaming her head off, the other teammates holding her back from going onto the court and killing the referees.

"Foul on blue 47! White 11 two shots.” I cheered, taking my place on the sideline. Luckily, SM was known to have generally short players, meaning that I could easily steal the rebound when Hyejin let go of the ball.

Swish. The ball went in without touching the rim. 35 - 36. “Hyejin! If you score this then we can tie the score!” She breathed in, Shooting the ball. “This is for you Byulie!”

Bang. The ball bounced off the backboard and into my grasp. “I didn’t think you meant literally Hyejin I-” 2 seconds left on the clock. I have to make this shot. I breathed in, going into complete focus.

I threw the ball.

Well, at least I tried to. Suddenly I was on the floor and deep pain was now in my left cheek. BZZT. That was the end of the game. “Are you ing crazy!?! You can’t just elbow her face like that stupid !” A player from the other school stood above me, a smug look on their face.

"Come on Byul, we gotta go, the next game is going to start.” We lined up opposite to each other and shook hands with each player, although I could see Hyejin slap their hand away from the corner of my eye.

I sighed. Stupid SM.

When everyone dispersed and the next teams started coming on court, I sat in the change rooms and rubbed my new bruise lightly. “Are you okay?” I tilted my head to look at the speaker. It was a girl from SM. Although I didn’t recognize her, she looked weirdly familiar.

Giving me an apologetic smile, she handed me an ice pack. “Sorry about my teammates, they get a little bit, excited sometimes..” I returned with a grin and accepted the gift.

"I think Excited is an understatement. You SM kids are nothing but a bunch of punks”, Hyejin appeared out of nowhere, her arms crossed and a scowl on her face. The girl laughed nervously and apologized once again. “Hyejin that’s enough”, I spoke in a serious voice. There was no need to generalize all the students because some of them are meanies.

She scoffed, uncrossing her arms. “Whatever”, the change room closed with a slam as she stormed out. “And I’m sorry for her…” The girl shook her head, “Well she’s not wrong in all honesty.”

I hummed, pressing the ice pack harder on my face. “I’m Moonbyul, and you are?” She shook my hand as I examined her (checked her out). She had long dark brown hair, her eyes shaped like pretty moon crescents. “My name’s Seulgi, although everyone knows and calls me Seul.”

Seulgi.. Where have I heard that name before… Oh right, that’s my sister’s name. But there’s something else as well… “Oh! I was friends with your brother back when I went to SM.” She nodded, “Yeah he used to talk about you a lot.” I blushed, fidgeting in the now warm ice pack in my hands.

"Seul come on Jennie is buying everyone pizza! Get yo over here and take advantage of her money!” Before I could snap out of my shock, she tapped my shoulder lightly and left.

"So…” Hyejin reapeared. It was as if she was a wizard or something. “Who was the girl you were talking to, and can I have her instagram?

author’s note
This is a filler chapter and I am s o r r y. Things will be getting a bit dramatic in the next chapter. Yes everything in this chapter was true, my old school . Also, I tried updating once a week but eventually I procrastinated so much that all my school work built up and I skipped a week. And I skipped more after that. oop see ya pls dont unsub