Falling For Her?

love, she said
falling for her?
chapter 1
The first time I saw her I fell.

Literally.

Her hickory brown locks flowing behind her, gummy smile fixed on her face, it was all too much for my gay . It was as if her contagious grin could light up the darkest of rooms, warm the coldest hearts, and of course, make me swoon.

During this rather pleasant daydream, I had suddenly found myself on the floor, wrists aching a bit from holding up my weight. She had turned around,  those dreamy eyes now staring right into my own.

Wait she’s looking at me what do I do-

“Are you okay?!” She asked, a concerned tone in her voice. I quickly nodded, pushing myself off the dirt-streaked ground. Rolling my wrists a bit, I sighed before wincing at the dull pain I felt in my palms. Nothing a little candy can’t fix.

I suddenly realized that the angel that I was once busy admiring was still looking at me, her worried expression making me squeal a bit on the inside.

I stuck out my hand, ignoring the voice inside my head that kept screaming “ABORT ABORT ABORT WE ARE NOT READY FOR THIS”.

“Moon Byulyi. My friends call me Byul.”

She took my hand, shaking it firmly before giving me another unrealistically cute gummy smile. “Kim Yongsun. My friends call me Solar but you can call me anytime.” She gave me a small smirk, winking at my shocked face. Closing my agape mouth, I swallowed and gave her a curt nod.

Before I could turn and dash out of the hallway, she furrowed her eyebrows and tilted her head at me, something that Daebakie would always do when he didn’t understand what I said.

“Byul.. Does the name Hyejin ring a bell?” I nodded, a smug smile creeping onto my face. “You’re Yeba, I assume?”

She blushed, smacking me in the shoulder. “Yong is fine.” Before I could do or say more, she gave me a big hug, nearly giving me a heart attack in the process. I raised my arms up behind her awkwardly, my face red as a tomato for sure.

She let go of me, scratching her nape. “I’m a hugger, you should get used to it.” Sticking out her tongue, she her heel and skipped away, leaving me confused and in a sickeningly sweet daze.

What the hell is this girl doing to me??

~

Quite disappointingly,  I barely got to see her that week. She happened to be a year older than me, meaning that we didn’t have any classes together. The only time I would get to see her was in the halls or at lunch.

I had caught myself looking for her brunette hair over the crowds of students that were waiting to get lunch, my subconscious lecturing me about being weird and how she probably didn’t even want to see me. Taking in a deep breath, I tried to find Hyejin through the sea of my fellow hungry peers.

Finally, I spotted her at the corner of the cafeteria, sitting with a few other people. I walked over, spreading my arms when she finally noticed me. Giving a mock-disgusted face, she came and gave me a big hug, letting me ruffle her carrot orange` hair. “Hyejin-ah! It’s been so long since I’ve seen you, I missed you, my short lion~” She slapped my hands away from her head, giving me a quick glare. “Sure I’m shorter than you but at least I ain’t a useless bottom like you.”

Sticking out her tongue as Yongsun had done a week ago, I gave a fake offended gasp, putting my hand on my chest in a wounded manner. Why do I even think about Yong that much anyway?? “That’s no way to treat your unnie that you haven’t seen in a long time.”

She sat down next to Wendy, shaking her head slightly. “You haven’t seen me in max 5 minutes, Byul, we were just talking at my locker.”

 

Hyejin’s shoulder length carrot orange hair gave off a unique vibe, complimenting her face shape and sharp features.

“Are you going to the play tonight?” She asked, taking a bite out of her sandwich. I nodded, a dreamy smile coming onto my face. “Well duh, literally all the girls are playing male roles, which means females in suits- which means yes.”

Wendy giggled, giving me a playful look. “What’s so good about girls in suits anyways-”

She didn’t have time to finish, as me and Hyejin collectively gasped, standing up. I pointed at her accusingly, my mouth still agape. Reaching into my pocket, I whipped out my phone and typed ‘moonstar in suit’, then hit search.

Hundreds of pictures appeared of the well-famed idol in different suits, silver hair adding an extra charm to the outfit. I threw my phone to Wendy, easily catching it and looking at the screen.

After scrolling for a bit, she puffed her cheeks and looked up at our eager faces. “I still don’t get it.”

I snatched my phone away, giving her a disgusted look. “Straight people..” I mumbled to Hyejin, occasionally throwing her joking repelled looks. The Orange haired girl nodded, continuing to shove her sandwich down .

She stopped for a moment, nudging me with her elbow. “Hey look, it’s Yongsun.” She pointed to a single table near the window, giving me a sly wink. I hit her in the shoulder, not taking my eyes off of the hamster like girl.

She was sitting alone, the chair in front of her empty and discarded to the side, looking a bit lonely. She was slouched over a drawing, her hand clutching a pencil and moving back and forth. Her hair was tucked behind her ears, face scrunched in concentration as her eyes followed the direction of the pencil moving on the paper.

“Is she into drawing?” I mindlessly asked, causing Hyejin to look at me curiously. “Yeah, she really likes drawing portraits of people, mostly celebrities.” I hummed thoughtfully, watching her her rather dried up lips.

“She’s one of those artsy girls you know? The ones that get 100s in art and draw whenever they have free time.” I nodded, a plan forming in my mind. If I learn how to draw like her, then I could ask her for advice as an excuse to talk to her! Genius.

Slowly but surely, my classes passed and it was already time for the play. Although the play was about Canadian history and politics, I knew a few good looking girls that were surely going to play a part.

After handing in my money, I found a seat next to Joy and Yeri, already fidgeting in their seats. The pair was arguably my closest friends because they were actually in my year, although I often left them to hang out with other grades- which they made sure to whine and bother me about later.

Although the two could be quite annoying at times, I loved them and I wouldn’t be who I am today if they weren’t in my life.

“The play is starting now. Please do not use electronic devices during the performance and be respectful to the performers. Thank you and enjoy the show.”

I had already tuned out when the announcer had said ‘please’, as my attention span was not very long due to ADHD, and that it would probably be boring and boring things are boring-

The curtains opened, revealing the first scene. Students in suits were gathered around a round table, some wearing fake moustaches and long hats. I was focusing on the girls, completely ignoring the boring speech that was coming out of their mouths.

‘Blah blah blah treaty blah blah land’, it was indifferent to me. Joy and Yeri started poking each other, leading me to be elbowed until I slapped both of them behind their heads angrily.

“Both of you stop it”, I told them in a hushed whisper. They laughed it off, continuing to play around.

I sighed before returning back to staring at pretty girls in suits. Eventually, a few interesting scenes came, which included stealing and getting arrested, all of which were.. a bit poorly acted.

“Fight for women’s rights! We deserve to vote!” Krystal came out wearing a long ugly dress, disappointing me to no end. She was one of the girls that I had hoped would come in a smoking hot suit. They continued on with the show, boring me to the point where I started to mess with Yeri in hopes that she would entertain me.

We were making funny faces at each other until I heard a familiar voice speak into the mic. There she was, the girl that I had been thinking about for the entire week, standing on the stage.

“You are only allowed to speak English. You will now only be known by numbers, so it is best if you just forget your names and get it over with.” She spoke with a confident voice, demanding authority.

My eyes were fixed on her, even though she was wearing an ugly blouse and matching pencil skirt, she somehow still managed to still look attractive.

“What did I say about speaking in your own language?!” She grabbed a book from a desk behind her, eyes filled with rage. I felt chills going down my spine from the anger that she was radiating, as she raised the book above her head.

She brought it down in a smooth motion, backhanding the actress in front of her. The crowd all gasped at the same time, although it did look a bit fake as she moved her head too early before the book even came close.

The curtains closed and the rest of the play went by in the blur, as I ended up closing my eyes and taking a nap on Yeri’s shoulder.

She shook me awake as the ending came, all the actors and actresses coming together to bow and wave. I spotted Yongsun first amidst the crowd of people, a blinding smile on her face.

I heard a giggle before Yeri decided to tease me. “You should close your mouth Unnie, I think a bit of drool is leaking~”

“Shut up..” I muttered, wiping my mouth with my sleeve just in case.

All I knew was that this girl had captured my heart in less than a week, turning me into an apparently drooling mess whenever I saw her.

But it was just a small crush and I would get over it in a week. Right..?

author’s note
If you didn't read the foreword of this story then you probably don't know that this story is literally what happened to me in real life. I got this idea from another moonsun fanfic: "Was I Dreaming" by Moonishers, where the author wrote the story based off of her own experiences. Although most of the story is a true story, I'm adding on stuff to make it more interesting I guess. Here's what's real and what's not(next chapter if you don't want to read): No I didn't actually fall when I first saw her lol, my friend introduced us and she gave me a big hug which I gay panicked and didn't reciprocate, standing there awkwardly. She is a grade older than me, which means that I didn't get to see her a lot other than passing each other in the halls, and sometimes she'd say hi. I was too nervous to start a conversation haha. There was a history play that I attended and she played the role of a residential school teacher and actually backhanded a kid in the face with a book. I made fun of her a lot for that. Yes, she is an artsy girl although in real life she did instagram edits instead of drawing in this case. Thanks for reading :pp