Don't Let Me Know

Like A Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Present time]

"June, I have a favor to ask." Chanwoo told June almost hesitantly. "What's it?" June asked. "About what happened..." Chanwoo trailed. "Do you want to know?" June answered avoiding his eyes. 

"Actually... no. Don't let me know." Chanwoo told him. "Why?" June could only ask why. 

"I'm scared..." Chanwoo told him. "but you should know..." June told Chanwoo. 

"I know but... what if I... end up hating you or hating myself?" Chanwoo asked him. "You have no reason to hate yourself, ok?" June assured him. Driving back after their short grocery trip Chanwoo suddenly spaced out on the window while June drived back to his hyung's store... "What are you thinking about?" June asked. "I'm suddenly curious..." Chanwoo trailed. "I just... thought what would our lives be like if I didn't get into that accident."

"Well, I'm about the same. I'm also curious. I don't know how but I just think of living happily with you." June said smiling. "We're we dating that seriously?" Chanwoo asked. "Uhh yeah... It should have been our 10th year now. We dated longer than the hyungs did before they married. Before the accident happened it was our 7th year; we started living together after the hyungs married." June explained. "So that apartment, you and Donghyuk live at... I used to live there too?" Chanwoo asked. "Donghyukie, didn't live with us full time. He just crashes our place when drunk or whenever he feels like it." June said. "Donghyuk gets insanely embarrassing when drunk, so I guess we wanted to maintain his dignity" Chanwoo laughed and started sharing a story he had while comforting a drunk Donghyuk recently. 

That moment just felt right when they were laughing and smiling at each other. When they finally reach the Yunhyeong's store they saw that Jinhwan and Bobby arrived and started to help out. "Am I getting paid for this labor?" Jinhwan asked. "Hyung he already promised food so quit complaining" Bobby answered back and noticed the couple. "Oooohhh, we're the two of you holding hands while you entered" Bobby teased them and saw the 2 blushed. 

"Quit eating Kim Hanbin, there might not be enough for the orders if you keep eating those" Yunhyeong was scolding Hanbin and Donghyuk was laughing at how Yunhyeong scolds Hanbin like a kid. 

[The Night Before The Accident - Chanwoo] 

Chanwoo waited for Junhoe the whole night like a lost puppy sitting near the door of their apartment... but he didn't come home. Tomorrow is the last day... he needs to break up with June. Mr. Koo already started tormenting the others around them through rumors... Chanwoo felt apologetic towards everyone. 

He looked at the door again. "I guess you won't come home... maybe it wasn't a lie." Chanwoo broke down. The sun was rising, like it was signaling Chanwoo something. Chanwoo took his suitcase and started packing his things. He removed his couple ring and placed it above a note he left for June. 

It read "If I end up saying I don't love you, I'm lying. We need to break up, I'm sorry. I can't wait any more when you don't even come." 

After glancing for the last time on the apartment he and June lived in, he left without looking back. He texted June "You have time for me tonight? Meet me for beer at our usual spot" 

Chanwoo didn't know where to go... he didn't want to talk to Yunhyeong. Donghyuk, Hanbin and Jinhwan might be busy. So he called his Bobby hyung. Jiwon answered his call in a heartbeat. "Yo! Jung Chanwoo called this early?" Bobby doesn't know what's going on but when he just heard sobs on the other line, he suddenly got up, started walking and said "where are you right now?". "Hyung, I'm at the park near your place." Chanwoo said. "You know my passcode and know that you're always welcome in my place. why are you there?" Jiwon argued. "I was afraid I might bother you hyung" Chanwoo responded."I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter