ME?!

[mini-series] ME?!

Oh God. Why is it so noisy? Early in the morning! What's wrong?

"KIM RYEOWOOK YOU'LL WAKE UP OR I'LL SPLASH THIS ICY-COLD WATER ON YOU RIGHT NOW!"

"Who are you? Why are you shouting? God let me sleep. 5 minutes more! Please?"

"I SAID WAKE UP! DONGHAE GIVE ME THAT BOTTLE NOW!"

What? Donghae? What? "WAIT!" I blinked for the millionth time. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?! SO EARLY AND ALL! YOU! WHY DID YOU DISTURBED ME?!"

"Okay, we're sorry Wookie, but it's already 11am if you don't know." Donghae calmly said.

"WHAT?! Why didn't my cellphone alarm?" and so I looked at my cellphone, battery empty. Oh good. "How long have you been here?"

"Tch. About an hour honey! I even reminded you about me and Donghae dressing you up. We bought our dresses too! What's in your dream that you're so hard to bring back to reality?" Sungmin asked, she's pissed off, oh noes.

"Sorry okay! And I can't remember my dream anymore. Maybe I'm just too tired that's why. What should we do now? Have you eaten breakfast yet?"

"What'd you think? It's already 11:06am Wookie. I think you should be preparing lunch now. But Auntie's so kind she'd cooked lunch before going out. All we need to do is eat then take a bath then fix each other."

"Sungmin, sorry! Okay? Don't get mad! Please? And I'm really bothered with that FIX word. Can't you use groom? Or anything else?" Well I'm really bothered by that word. WAH. Bothered by small things. Kim Ryeowook. Seriously.

"You too, shut up! Let's not waste time okay? I want to be the most dazzling girl ever! Aish! We should've invited Heechul! She's the best in make-ups. Well, we have Sungmin here anyway. LET'S EAT NOW! STAND UP WOOKIE!" and so Donghae dragged me, is she this hungry?

"Ya Donghae stop dragging my soul! Please. Do you want to have a bump on your head later? You'll be the most dazzling if I put that on you! Swear!"

"Why are you doing this to me Ryeowook? I'm being nice and all! Psh." Donghae mumbled as she let my hand go.

"Well this is better. I can walk by myself you know!" and so we ate lunch. Donghae ate a little today, well, she wants to impress Eunhyuk so she 'needs' to be y she said. Sungmin ate 2 plates because she said she can't let herself starve just because of a night. She'd rather eat food she said. After eating a plate, Sungmin said I should stop eating already, or else I'll get fat. Okay, I admit it, a single spoon can make me fat already. What's wrong with me, seriously?

After eating each of us took a bath. I'm the last one to bathe because this is my house. Well that's a norm right? As I go out of the bathroom Donghae and Sungmin are already dressed up, well except for the make-up of course. Sungmin's currently working on Donghae's make-up. Donghae's naturally beautiful anyway, I think she doesn't need lots of make-up now. So as Sungmin. My friends are really beautiful I tell you. I'm the only cute in the group. Aren't I unique? While the two are doing their thing, I put my dress on now. I actually can't wear a gown or else I'll look like a hanger, so I bought a yellow cocktail dress. Well, I'm not the one who chose this though, it's Sungmin and Donghae. They love me this much.

"What can you say Wookie? Do I look beautiful?" Donghae asked.

"No."

"WHAT?! YOU'RE REALLY MEAN! Sungmin said I look like a Goddess. You Kim Ryeo-"

"You're gorgeous. Dazzling. What word do you want?" I said and gave her an assuring smile.

"Really? Oh gosh Wookie!" Donghae excitedly said and then hugged me. She's really gorgeous. She's wearing a violet fitting gown *oh so that's why she ate a little a while ago!* and her hair is curled. Her lips is luscious pink plus her brown eyes glittered naturally. She's really more beautiful now, Sungmin's a good make-up artist. I'm really not good at describing but I can say that Donghae will be the prom queen later, or maybe Sungmin? Or Heechul? "Oh, Sungmin said she'll work on you after she's done with her own."

"Oh. Okay." I said as I smile. I really can't stop admiring her. She looks like a living doll. As I continued admiring Donghae's beauty, Sungmin called me.

"Cutie! It's your turn now. I'm done."

"WOAH! SUNGMIN! I THINK YOU'RE PRETTIER THAN ME! YOU'RE, YOU'RE UNFAIR!" Donghae yelled.

"What prettier? I'm really prettier than you to begin with! Come here Wookie! And oh Hae! Kindly call my loving brother now and tell him we're almost done so he can fetch us."

"NO! Why are you prettier? I hate you! Where's your phone?" Donghae asked as I head towards Sungmin.

"In my bag."

"Okay!" and so Donghae called Sungjin-oppa as I sat in front of the mirror.

"So leave everything to me Wookie, I'll make their jaws drop because of your beauty." Sungmin confidently said.

"Uhm." I nodded. As she grooms me, I actually observed her. Really pretty. Very pretty. Big brown eyes, long eyelids, perfectly shaped nose, pouty lips. She looks stunning on her pink long gown too, but her gown is not as fitting as Hae's, just enough to show her curves. Her soft pink cheeks are beautiful too. Her soft, silky and straight hair are also beautiful. Every part of her is beautiful, no wonder Kyuhyun likes her. At least I know Kyuhyun has a great taste in woman.

"Why are you smiling?" Sungmin asked. I smiled? Really.

"Oh? I'm not smiling. By the way, you're really pretty! Beautiful. Gorgeous." I praised.

"Shh. Donghae might hear you. That kid will get angry. HAHAHA!" She teased.

"Well I didn't say you're dazzling. I told her she's dazzling so don't worry."

"Huh! Oh. Close your eyes Wookie. Don't open it until I say so."

And so I close my eyes. I really want the feeling of someone touching my face. It tickles, but it calms me down. I think she's now done with my eyes for she's now fixing my hair.

"Wookie, do you want me to put little curls on your short hair?" Sungmin asked.

"It's up to you. You told me you're the one in charge today right?" I said, eyes still closed, but I make sure that I gave her an assuring smile. Yes, my hair is short, about shoulder-length. Cause I don't want it long, it irritates me. I can feel her curling the little ends of my hair then she put a headband too. I wonder how I look like now.

"Open your eyes." she commanded. And so I did, I didn't look straight to myself at first, but to her. "Don't look at me sweetie, look at the magic I've done." and she smirked.

"Oh my God. Is that me?" I asked. Is the reflection I'm seeing on the mirror really me? How come I looked like this. My eyes apparently got bigger and my eyelids are curled up too. My lips is pink like Hae's but why don't I look cute? How come "I look beautiful right?" I stupidly asked her.

"Of course! I'm the one who did that! Stop admiring yourself." she teased. "Donghae! The shoes! Bring her the shoes!"

"Oh wait here!" Donghae said as she handed a box to me. I opened it and...

"YOU WANT ME TO WEAR THIS? DO YOU WANT ME TO DIE? YOU! WHO TOLD YOU TO BUY A SHOE LIKE THIS ONE?" I raised the shoe, and the heels, it's 4 or 5 inches I think. I know I'm small but do I really need to wear a shoe as high as this? "What if I trip guys? Why are you like this?"

"No, you won't fall. You can do that Wookie!" Sungmin said.

"And Wookie, you're always bothered by your height. Just this night, you can be tall if you want to. And that dress, the make-up, it just fit this pair of sandals. Please wear it now Wookie. Please? We really brought that one for you!" it's now Donghae who talked.

I looked at them and I can see the sincerity in their eyes. Maybe they're right, maybe I can be like them once in a while. And so, without talking, I wear the shoes. It's actually not heavy and it's soft. After taking a few steps I actually felt comfortable. As fast as that. As I was practicing Sungmin and Donghae just looked at me, catching me every time I trip, well, I only tripped a few times though. Suddenly we heard Sungjin-oppa's car beeping outside. Time to go. This is it. Last prom for high school. I can do this.

---

We arrived at exactly 6pm. The program will start at 7pm so we're early. As soon as Eunhyuk saw Donghae entering the hall he immediately run towards her, then stopped a few meters from Donghae as he admired the Goddess right in front of him.

"God. I didn't know I actually liked a Goddess." Eunhyuk said, obviously amazed by Donghae's beauty. "I want to start dancing now Donghae-shii!"

"Oh shut up Eunhyuk. Wait. The right time will come." Donghae teased, but her cheeks is not pink anymore, it looks like it's pitch red now.

We walked to our designated table. I actually expected Kyuhyun to surprise Sungmin too but he did nothing. I look everywhere but Kyuhyun. I'm avoiding to look at him or might end up staring and dreaming again. What is life? But, a single glance won't hurt right? So I did, I looked towards his direction and.. what? Is he looking at me? No, he's looking at Sungmin of course, but wait, Sungmin's not here! She's in Heechul's table now which is at the other end of the hall! What is happening?

"Okay we'll start in a short while. You can line up now." our officer-in-charge said.

And so we lined up. Because I'm small, I'm at the very beginning of the line, meaning, I'm the first one to march. But wait, I'm 5 inches taller today! My partner is also the smallest 3rd year student but he's still taller than me, no! We're almost of the same height! After a few minutes of talking to myself the formal program finally started. I walked in first, after a few pairs Donghae came in too, then Sungmin, then Heechul. Oh Heechul! She's so y. She's wearing a red super fitting long gown. Her hair's tied up so neatly so it exposed her neck. Even her neck's y too. I thought we're attending a prom and not a beauty pageant! She's so beautiful. She's more than beautiful. Ugh. I don't know now.

"Ugh~ Ryeowook-shii! You look so beautiful tonight!" oh, my partner Henry, who's a year younger than me, told me.

"Thank you." I said and then smiled.

"Can I be your first dance later?" what? Is he actually asking me to dance with him?

"Oh? Ye~es. If you won't mind!" I joked.

"My pleasure instead!" he said and smiled. His eyes disappeared when he smiled because of his puffy cheeks. His cheeks are even puffier than Sungmin's! I can't hold myself anymore and pinched his cheek. "Ow! Why'd you do that?" and he pouted.

"You're so cute!" I said and chuckled. Accidentally I met Kyuhyun's gazed and he's glaring? He's glaring at what? What's happening to him. Really. Apparently, no, I think he's glaring at Henry, or am I being delusional right now?

And so we eat, then a little program, then the awarding of the prom king, queen, prince and princess. The king and queen are for the 4th years and the prince and princess for the 3rd years. Henry's been crowned the Prom Prince, he's so cute anyway, and the cute girl Taemin's crowned as the prom princess. Oooooh. So much cuteness on stage now. Then they've announced the queen and king, and so the y almighty Heechul won and her King is non-other than Hangeng. These two. They're the prom prince and princess last year too! Tsk. And so the party started! The royalties began to dance. Not so long after they've begun, other pairs joined them too. As expected, Eunhyuk rushed through Donghae and offered his right hand, which Donghae gladly accepted.

"I should be the only one you'll be dancing with tonight!" Eunhyuk demanded.

"You selfish monkey." Donghae teased. This couple's so cute I can't even. A fish and a monkey. Imagine how cute was that!

Not so long after the EunHae couple left, Henry approached me and offered his hand which I gladly accepted. As we dance, we talked about a lot of things, from Biology to Physics then how I'm feeling right now because I'm already graduating to my dream course and so on. Henry's a real good guy. His girlfriend will be lucky to have him I swear. After 2 songs we went back to the table.

"You know, you're my first dance ever! I'm just a watcher last year!" I said, I'm really comfortable with him. I want him as a baby brother! Really.

"I don't believe you. You're that gorgeous and all." he said.

"But it's true. Oh well, thank you! May I know who'll you dance next?" I teased.

"Ooooh. There! Look, the girl paired with Kyuhyun-shii a while ago." he said while pointing at who knows where. Well, since he said she's Kyuhyun's pair, of course I know where she's located. "Her name's Zhou Mi. Oh, but she's famous as Mimi too!"

"You like her?" I asked. And oh! Even though it's a bit dark I can see his face transform from a puffy cloud to a tomato.

"Yes? Shhh Ryeowook-shii! This will be a secret okay?"

"Oh my gosh you're too cute! Okay okay. Go now. Or somebody else will ask her to dance!" I commanded like an older sister.

"It's really a pleasure to dance with you." He said.

"Okay. Nice meeting you Henry-shii!"

And so Henry went to Zhou Mi as I sit. There I saw Yesung approaching me. Well, he's our resident weirdo but he looks stunning tonight. He asked me to dance with him and so I did. We danced and he talked about his pet turtles and every little things on planet Earth, but it's okay, it's not boring at all. After Yesung I danced with Hangeng, well, Heechul let me to, "Save the best for the last, right Geng?" she said. So we danced and all I heard was Hangeng complaining about how much of a diva Heechul is but he still loves her even though he doesn't know why. Hangeng oppa's funny! Then I danced with Eunhyuk. He said Donghae's tired now and he wants to talk to me too because I'm one of Donghae's bestfriends. We're the ones dancing but all he said was Donghae this, Donghae that. Is he obsessed or something? After dancing with Eunhyuk I returned to the table. I saw Sungmin sitting there already.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"Can't I sit down?" she answered.

"No, I mean you're supposed to be dancing with Kyuhyun now." I said, well, I think with a bit of bitterness inside.

"Aaah, him? Uhm, Wook, I need to tell you something."

"What?" ohhh, what is it? I hate surprises, really, but what is that thing she's going to tell me?

"Oh I think I'll tell it la-"

"Okay, last 5 songs now. You should choose your last dance already." The officer-in-charge interrupted Sungmin from speaking.

"Oh what is it Sung-"

"Ugh, Ryeowook, can I ask you to dance?"

My eyes grew bigger as I look around. Am I seeing the right person? Or is this a dream? "Kyuhyun?" was all I can say. I'm shocked afterall. Isn't he supposed to be asking Sungmin?