ME?!

[mini-series] ME?!

"Okay class, our Junior-Senior Promenade will be on Feb. 12 okay? You can change partners after the formal part of the prom, so it's okay to ask for someone now. If you want to do some intermissions then it's okay too. I'll leave you early so you can plan. You can extend here inside but you can't go out before 4:30pm. Miss Secretary please take good care of everything okay? Goodbye class. See you tomorrow."

"Goodbye Ms. Park"

Finally she's gone. Prom, ugh! I hate proms or any kind of parties. Really. I always end up sitting on the bench or going home early. Don't they like me? I'm cute for goodness sake! But I guess cute people nowadays aren't of big hits. I'm small too, who would want to dance someone who can pass as their daughter right?

"Ryeowook! You know what, Eunhyuk asked me to be his date already! Oh my God! What should I do?" my friend Donghae asked.

"You like him right? Then be his date! That question's so easy Hae. You might end up having Eunhyuk as your boyfriend when the night ends." I simply answered, well, they're compatible anyway! Why are my friends so lucky? Last year Heechul and Hangeng actually became a couple after the promenade. I'm becoming lonely! My friends are having their special someones one-by-one. I'm pretty sure Donghae will be taken by February 13.

"Okay then. Wook I'm so nervous! What to do? Oh life! Being a teenager is hard." Donghae said after thinking for almost 100 years.

"Yes it is, especially for people like me who doesn't look like a teenager at all." I answered back. This thing's actually getting on my nerves. "I actually don't want to attend the prom anymore. So as the graduation ball. WHY ARE THESE THINGS REQUIRED IN THIS FREAKING SCHOOL?"

"Woah! Calm down Wookie. I'm pretty sure somebody will ask you now! Even if you're small, you're really cute! You can pass as a commercial model if you want!" Sungmin said all of a sudden.

"And you're supposed to be on the other end of this room, why are you here? Freaking the hell out of me!" I jokingly answered.

"Yeah! You freaked me too! Don't do that again Min. I thought somebody else heard our conversation. So scary you know!" Donghae said.

"Somebody? Like who? HYUKJAE?!" Sungmin teased. Oh my gosh, this girl. I wonder why I became friends with her, seriously. She's not just a friend, she's my best friend for God knows how long.

"Yah! Stop that! Please! I beg you!" Donghae said as she pulled Sungmin and covered .

"I ca-an't bre-eeathe Hae-e-e-e! I'll st-top I promi-ise!" Sungmin begged, well, actually, Donghae covered a part of her nose too, so yeah, Donghae might kill her if she won't let go of Min.

"You must behave Min. We know Hae have this alien force that will cause the end of the world." I teased, well, Donghae likes it when she's connected with aliens so I don't know if I actually teased or praised her by saying that. "By the way Min, did somebody asked you to be their date already?"

"Me? Who will ask me? I'll be your date of course! HAHAHA! Or else we'll just watch them from our table or just go home early like what we did last time. OH! Why don't you ask Kyuhyun as your date? You like him right? And you're pretty close. He might agree. I think he hasn't asked any girl for now." Sungmin suggested.

"Me? I'll ask him? Isn't it supposed to be him who'll ask me or what. I mean, I'm a girl and..."

"Stop that! We're not in the medieval age anymore! Kyuhyun is a bit handsome and in no time any will ask him. You better hurry!" Sungmin said and Donghae nodded.

What? Me? Am I that desperate? Well, I just want to have a 'normal' teenage life just like any other teenagers out there but.. "But if ever I ask him, will I look like a in your eyes too?" Okay, I asked them now. That's my biggest worry anyway. Or is it the biggest? I don't know. That's the stereotype, when a girl asked a boy, it's whether they're brave or they're es.

"Wookie, you're thinking too much! Of course not, you've liked Kyuhyun since 2nd year and I think it's about time to confess. I mean, we're already graduating in a month, if you don't take this chance your first crush/love will be gone. He's not your normal guy too, he's smart, handsome, and he's kind to you. Don't you notice it, he tends to tease everyone but you!" Sungmin said.

"Oh yes! That one! Don't you notice it Wookie? He's very nice to you! Yes, he teased you at first but then he suddenly became a tamed bunny. He's naughty now but he'll be all proper when you're talking to him. I think he likes you too Wook." Donghae added.

"Don't you think he's just teasing me? He treats everyone in different ways you know, and that's how he treats me." I said, the change on the tone of my voice shocked them. I'm serious. Suddenly, the bell rang, it's 4:30! "Okay Hae and Min. It's already time to go home. I still have piano classes. I'll call you later. Byee!"

"Psh, you're just trying to ignore the topic. Think about it Wookie!" Donghae utter, she's now annoyed, I know it, well, I'm not her friend for nothing.

"Donghae I love you, and Min, remember what you said, I'll be your date then!" and with that I bid farewell.

---

Nighttime. Okay, it's just 10pm, and I know Donghae and Sungmin are still awake. Oh yeah, I promised to call them right? Upon remembering that I dialed Sungmin's phone number.

"Hello, this is Lee Residence, how may I help you?" oh it's Sungmin's mother.

"Auntie, this is me, Ryeowook, can I talk to Sungmin?"

"Oh dear, Sungmin's sleeping now. I don't know what's wrong with her. She just said that her body hurts everywhere and she headed uptairs already. Sorry for that."

"Oh no Auntie, and yeah, I remembered she had a volleyball training a while ago. Maybe their coach has been hard on them again. Sweet dreams Auntie!"

"Sweet dreams Wookie. You better sleep now too. I'll just wake her up early so that you can talk tomorrow before the school starts okay?"

"No need Auntie, it's really okay. Let her sleep longer. Thank you!"

"Okay. Bye Wookie!"

"Bye Auntie." and with that she hanged up. I usually wait for the other line to hang up before I hang up my phone too. Now time to call Donghae. I wonder what this fish is doing.

"Hewoooo, thish ish Lee Reshidensh, how may I help yooou~?" HAHAHA! So she's eating. Okay. Why is she like this?

"Ya Lee Donghae, why are you talking when your mouth's full?"

"Ow, hewooo Ryeowooooook. Wait, I'll just finish thish up."

"You're chewing too loud. Faster! It's getting late."

"Shorry!" Donghae said, well, not a bit of sincerity in that. She's always like that anyway, and I'm always like this. What's new? "OH WOOK I'M DO~OOOONE."

"Water?"

"Oh wait I forgot!"

"LEE DONGHAE, YOU'RE A FISH, WATER IS IMPORTANT! HOW CAN YOU FORGET THAT ONE!"

"Wait, I'll drink." She's doing everything so loud. I can actually hear the water and all. "YA! I'M NOT A FISH! YOU! Oh why did you call by the way?"

"Ugh, I promised to call you right? So I'm calling now. Okay. Sweet dreams!"

"WAIT WHAT?! WAIT WOOKIE! I HAVE SOMETHING TO ASK!"

"What is it?" oh, now I'm curious. "Don't tell me it's about the great Andromeda Galaxy and the planets outside the Earth. Hae, I'm not an astronaut, I hate Science too."

"NOT THAT! I can do a research about that one! It's about Kyuhyun."

"What about Kyuhyun?"

"You go to school early right?"

"Yes."

"If he go to school early tomorrow ask him to be your date okay?" wait what?

"Hae, I'm not that desperate!"

"No, I'm not saying you're desperate. Just ask! Ask jokingly. Any method will do! Who knows, he might agree!"

"But he never go to school early, so let's call this a day now?" well I'm telling the truth, he always arrive 5 minutes before the class.

"Let's make a deal! If he's there 1 hour before the class ask him okay?"

"How'd you know if I ask him or not? You're always late!"

"I'll be there at 6am! Mark my words Kim Ryeowook. I'll be there 30 minutes earlier than you!"

Oh really? What's happening to everybody. Really. "You can't do that. You'll be there 1 hour and 30 minutes before the class starts! What'll you do there?"

"Let's make a deal! If Cho Kyuhyun's there when you arrive you'll ask him okay?" well, I can feel she's serious, but Kyuhyun won't be there earlier than me. The usual early ones are me, Heechul, Yesung and sometimes Sungmin. But not Kyuhyun, and definitely not Donghae.

"Wait, if you're there too, then it's a deal. I'll ask him if both of you're there when I arrive." I can't believe I'm saying this to her right now. What exactly is she thinking.

"Asa! Okay. That's a deal. I'll take my beauty rest now. I need to go to school at 6am! I won't lose Ryeowook!"

"Me neither Hae. It's either I'll be late and you'll win or you'll arrive at school at 8. Oh yeah I love you! Sweet dreams!"

"YA! I-WON'T-BE-LATE! Sweet dreams too! MUAH~! I'll hang up now!" and so she's gone. Okay. I'm nervous. Hope I'll win. What's with this deal anyway.

---

I really want to go to school at least an hour before the class, well, except for the fact that I don't want to be late, I also admire how the color of the sky changes while I'm walking my way to the school. Well, that's random. Okay, now approaching the school gate. GOD I'M SO NERVOUS. Lee Donghae must not be there yet, she won't make it right? Heading to the classroom now. "Oh God."

"GOOD MORNING RYEOWOOK! I think I won!"

"Lee Donghae." The devil's now approaching me. WHAT TO DO? "And guess what, Cho Kyuhyun's here too! I smell victory Wookie!"

"WHAT IS HE DOING HERE EARLY IN THE MORNING? And an hour before the class? Impossible!"

"Then why don't we go inside the room now and you'll see."

"God. Donghae. Why are you doing this to me?"

"Because I love you Wook." WHY DOES IT CREEP THE HELL OUT OF ME? And so we entered the classroom. He's not there, and oh, Sungmin's here already, well, she and Kyuhyun are seatmates, but she's not on her seat.

"Where is Sungmin? Can I talk to her first, then I swear, I swear I'll ask Kyuhyun to be my date." I need Sungmin, well, for some strength.

"Oh! I don't know, she went out a while ago and she said she'll be going to the comfort room. Don't talk to her anymore! She'll just do the same things I'm doing right now. She might torture you too! HAHAHA" despite that angelic face, Lee Donghae, you're such a devil.

"You devil! If I go home heartbroken later I'll blame you for the rest of my life!"

"Put all the blame on me baby!"

"Don't tease me! Where is he?" I can do this right? I'll just ask him, I can even ask him by joking, right? I can definitely do this!

"Rooftop! I stalked him a while ago you know. He's there! HURRY! FIGHTING!"

Rooftop. Okay, 1 more floor, why is time running so slow? Oh my God. I can do this. I'm already in front of the rooftop. I need strength. God. Help me. Please. And so I entered and after ten thousand years I can see Kyuhyun now. Wait. Is that Sungmin? Why is she here? "Sung-"

"You're asking me to be your date? Are you crazy Cho?" Sungmin annoyingly said. I hid behind a wall and continued eavesdropping. Well, I don't want to, but...

"Yes Sungmin. Please? I'm serious. Be my date!" Kyuhyun is almost begging. "I don't want you to reject me!"

"And who are you to be accepted, hmm?" Sungmin looked like she's really pissed off.

"I liked you since you've become my seatmate, this is true, at first you're annoying but then I grew to like you. Please, even just for a day Sungmin, then I'll stop bugging you." Kyuhyun said teary-eyed. So he'd like Sungmin that long? I mean since the start of our senior year Sungmin and him are seatmates. Why am I listening to this now? I should go now. Really. TING! "Oh , why now?" Because I'm too lucky I accidentally hit a pail. I want to run now, go home and cry. So this is what it feels like, goodbye first love now?

"RYEOWOOK!" Sungmin shouted. "Wait, please, wait."

"Sungmin-ah! Why don't you accept Kyuhyun's request now? I mean you need to have a real date. You don't have to worry about me! Really. And beside you're beautiful, tall, you and Kyuhyun really are compatible. Believe me!" what am I saying? Well I'm just telling the truth right?

"Wookie, wait, what?!" Sungmin asked, well, she's really shocked of what she'd heard, it's obvious.

"Accept his request now while I'm here! I mean yeah, so you can't back out, right Kyuhyun?" what am I doing? I'm just hurting myself more. I'm so stupid! And what, Kyuhyun nodded? He likes Sungmin this much? Why didn't I notice it before?

"Are you sure?" Sungmin asked again.

"YES!" and I faked a smile, I also nodded like mad. I want to go home now.

"Okay then, I'll be your date on the prom Kyuhyun. But only on the prom." Sungmin said without looking at Kyuhyun, instead she tightened her grip on my right wrist that it hurts. "Let's go now Wookie. Classes will start soon. You go down too Kyuhyun or you'll be late."

---

The whole day ended up with me being silent and out of this world and Donghae asking and saying sorry and all. She felt guilty about what happened so she bugged me until this time. It's already 11pm for God's sake. Oh, and it's also strange, Donghae and Sungmin kept on disappearing every time a professor's not around. They didn't join me for break and lunch too. Just when I'm thinking about them my cellphone rang. I grabbed it and answer without actually looking on the screen.

"Hello, who's this?"

"WOOKIE! WHY DID YOU DO THAT? WHY DID YOU LET KYUHYUN DATE ME?!" Sungmin asked, is she angry?

"Sungmin-ah. Why? Is there anything wrong with that? He likes you, and you don't hate him right? And besides he's just asking for a night. It's not that much of a burden right?"

"Did you cry? You sounded like one! Don't get sick! The prom's tomorrow. Wookie! I'm not the problem. It's you! I don't want to date him too! I'd rather choose you."

"I'll be okay Sungmin, and I didn't cry, I swear." Okay I lied, well, I did cry, but not a bucketfull, just a bit. I'm hurt but I need to move on.

"Sleep now honey. Donghae and I will come over your house as planned. Since your mom won't be around to dress you up, we'll fix you. You should have your beauty rest now. I know it's much for me to ask, but please! Sleep! Or you want me to sing a song for you?"

"Nah~! What's with you and Donghae fixing me? Am I a broken refrigerator? You sleep now too. No need, I'm pretty sleepy too. Sweet dreams! I'll hang up now Min." and without waiting for her reply, I hanged up. I'm pretty tired too, I guess I really need to sleep now.