epilogue.

Inhumane

They said time passed fast when you’re happy with the people you love and so, another one year passed ever since Mark’s return. It took a while for everyone to get used to the new Mark and Jisung. Apparently, now that they were leading a normal life and had each other back in their lives, they were an even better pair of partners in crime than Bambam and Jinyoung when it comes to making fun of the others. 

Even Jinyoung fell victim to their teamed up.

“I want the woodblock Mark and boyish Jisung back.” Jinyoung loosened his tie and settled down on the couch beside Jaebum. “He’s good at pretending to not hear what he doesn’t want to like before but now, he’s also good at countering whatever I said.”

“At least you’re not living under the same roof with him.” Bambam plopped down beside him and covered his face with the jacket he was holding earlier.

Jaebum who was busy with his phone earlier now looked at them with an amused smile. It’s been a year and it’s still fun to watch Jinyoung and Bambam so defeated by the brothers.

“What did they say this time?”

“We were just asking—“ Jaebum raised an eyebrow at Jinyoung’s word which made the latter cleared his throat. “Alright fine, we were teasing him about how Nayeon would need a better proposal than how Taecyeon did with Sunmi.”

“Asked him if he had any plans and he threw the question back at Jinyoung!”

“That was still fine, it was Jisung that gave the final blow.”

“Which was?” Jaebum was genuinely curious now.

Bambam cleared his throat. 

“Don’t worry about my brother, at least he didn’t have to worry about Nayeon having an overprotective boss and a whole fandom of girlfriends.” Bambam repeated the exact same words as what Jisung said earlier and pulled down his jacket to look at Jaebum directly now. “Jinyoung couldn’t give a proper counter attack.”

“You weren’t any better!” Jinyoung lifted his head from his hands and retorted. “You do hang around Nayeon a little too much.”

“What did they say about Bambam?”

“Mark, he was the one who defeated Bam.” Jinyoung sat up then rested an arm on Bambam’s shoulder. “Worry about yourself first, if you continue to only stay by Nayeon’s side, you won’t be able to get a girlfriend. Should I ask you to marry me too? Buy one get one free.”

Jaebum burst into laughter which earned him a glare each from Jinyoung and Bambam.

“Mark might be my favourite person now.”

Jaebum ducked right after his words as two cushions flew pass over his head. He stood up right after. 

“Anyway, tidy yourself up, it should be starting soon.”

Jinyoung and Bambam stood up; one tightening his tie again and the other putting on his jacket once again.



Nayeon stared at Sunmi with her two palms on her cheeks. 

“You’re so beautiful!” She squealed which made Sunmi chuckled.

“You’ve said that many times since the gown fitting. I could practically see the stars in your eyes.” Jeongyeon who was by the side rolled her eyes.

“Shush, don’t you know a woman is the most beautiful in her wedding gown?” Plus Jaebum sponsored all these, the gowns are top notched.” Nayeon sighed dreamily, resting her hands on her cheeks again.

“Propose to Mark and you can get married like this too.”

“Nah, if anyone’s getting married after you and Taecyeon, it will be Jinyoung and Jeongyeon.”

“Nope, definitely my boss and Jihyo.” Jeongyeon denied the idea of what Nayeon had said. “They go way back.”

Nayeon and Sunmi both nodded.

“Talking about her, is she really not coming?” Nayeon turned to asked Jeongyeon.

“The meeting in Singapore was an important one.”

“Hey.” A deep voice interrupted their conversation. The three of them turned their head to the door and saw Mark walking in. He walked up to where Sunmi was sitting and held out his hand. “We should go now.”

“We will see you outside then!” Jeongyeon waved and headed towards the door. Following after her was Nayeon but not without giving Mark a gentle pat on his arm.

Sunmi stood up too which Mark then hooked her arm around his own. 

“Let’s go get you married off.” He grinned as Sunmi gave him a playful smack on his upper arm.

“You sure grew up a lot.”

“I’m tall now, right?”

“Not just that but it’s not a bad change. You’re happier now.”

Their playful conversation continued all the way until they reached the hall where the ceremony would be.

The door opened right as the music started playing. Right at the other end of the hall was Taecyeon who was also in his suit. His eyes met Sunmi’s then Mark’s which brought a smile onto his face straight.

Everyone else were already standing up and in the small venue, there was only the officiant on the stage and the other seven which included Udon and Jisung. The couple didn’t want the wedding to be a big one, in fact, they didn’t even want a ceremony but the others managed to convince them. 

Their only condition was that it had to be small.

The rest of the team met that condition easily. Jinyoung was in charge of getting a private venue, Jaebum was the sponsor for the outfits, Jihyo helped find a trusted officiant and the rest were in charge of everything else. The programming and coding took a while since they would have to get into the whole system of this building(without getting caught) but they did it.

After handing Sunmi to Taecyeon, Mark went to stand beside Nayeon who gave him a bright smile. He returned it and took her hand in his as they watch his guardians finally getting the happiness they deserved.

When they were declared as an official married couple, the eight of them erupted into cheers. Bambam was the first to reached the couple which he then engulfed Sunmi into a tight hug. 

“Please be happy always.” He then looked up at Taecyeon. “Both of you.”

The newly wedded couple gave him a thumb up each. After a quick round of congratulatory and well-wishes from the younger ones, Sunmi decided to have her fun. She Met her gaze with Taecyeon’s who in return motioned his head, telling her to go ahead. 

“Time to throw the bouquet!” She took a quick glance at where her target was then turned away. Without giving the others any chance to react, she threw the bouquet at where she wanted it to go.

Sunmi turned around excitedly, thinking that her bouquet was caught. However, the bouquet wasn’t in Nayeon’s hand as she intended. Neither was it in Jeongyeon’s hand which Taecyeon had hoped. 

Instead it was on the floor.

There was a brief silence until Bambam and Jisung broke into a fit of laughter. Even Jaebum looked like he was trying not to laugh. Jinyoung was staring at the girls in disbelief and Mark was staring at them, mainly Nayeon, with a quirked eyebrow. Both girls were smiling sheepishly and looking everywhere but them.

“What happened?” Sunmi walked up to them.

“The two of them jumped away from the flying bouquet at the same time.” Taecyeon explained, his attempt of holding back his laughter came out as a snort instead. 

“Do you girls not want to get married to us that badly? I’ve never seen any girl jumped away from the bouquet as quick as the both of you.” 

“No Jinyoung, it’s just—“

“It’s just that we know who should be the one to get the bouquet.” Nayeon finished Jeongyeon’s sentence as she picked up the bouquet and walked up to Jaebum, placing the bouquet into his hands. “But she’s not here.”

That wiped the amused expression off Jaebum’s face but placed a smirk onto Jinyoung’s and Mark’s instead.

“We are waiting.” Both Jinyoung and Mark walked up to him and said at the same time which made everyone else laughed again.

Sunmi used that chance and walked to Taecyeon’s side.

“So, we both lost the bet?” She whispered as she watched the chaos made by the younger ones

“Or we could also both win it.”

She turned to look up at Taecyeon and grinned. 

“I’m good with that.”

The day ended in a blink of an eye and after sending Taecyeon and Sunmi off to their honeymoon, the rest of them dispersed too.

Mark and Nayeon walked along the pathway towards Nayeon’s house in silence with Nayeon half hugging his arm.

“When do you think they will come back?” Nayeon was once again the one who broke the silence.

“Who knows?” Mark answered. “They had always been the travelling type until they found me. After all these, they should enjoy now. They’re happy and that’s all I need to know.”

“I’m happy too.” Nayeon spoke in a soft whisper which made Mark stopped in his tracks to look at her. “I’ve been so happy throughout this year but because I’m happy, I’m scared too.”

Mark waited for Nayeon to continue and when she didn’t, he took her hand into his and squeezed it gently.

“I know.” He rested his free hand on her head. “But I won’t disappear anymore. Those two will come back too.”

He pulled Nayeon to his side, holding onto her hand tightly as they started walking again. 

“At least, they will definitely be back for Jaebum’s wedding.”

Nayeon giggled at his response.

“I will make sure he propose to Jihyo soon then.”

Mark smiled, seeing that his girlfriend was cheerful again. He then wrapped his arm around Nayeon’s smaller body and pulled her closer to his own as they walked.

He’s happy and like Nayeon, was scared too. He had more things to protect now but unlike before, he’s not afraid of having them.

Besides, weren’t emotions part of being human?

With these thoughts, Mark’s hold around Nayeon tightened. 


` this is officially the end of this story! thank you once again for being patient (super patient) with me! i know i want to continue writing but, i wasn't able to expand the current idea i have for now. so, maybe one shots it is! thank you once again and i hope you enjoyed this epilogue!