Don't do it again. Arasso?

I thought I lost you

 

The sun shines straight to Ha Neul face. It’s like a bright spotlight for Ha Neul as she opened her eyes. She tries to stretch her body but she realised her hands and legs are tied. She looked around and she was shocked that she was not in her room. Junhyung was not there with her. She’s in a huge room, with her favourite luxury red colour wallpaper, a king-size bed, beautiful gold curtains, two maids standing near the door and she still wearing Junhyung’s sweater. She widened her eyes and wonder if she’s in heaven right now.

“You can go out now. I can handle this” A familiar voice ordered the maids to go out from the room.

“How’s my baby doing? You like this room? You can have it if you want” he walked towards Ha Neul.

“Donghae?” Ha Neul almost couldn’t believe her eyes.

“Why? Shocked?” Donghae laugh proudly.

“This room..you kidnapped me?” Ha Neul tried to untie her hands.

“Kidnap you? I’m just taking you to your new home. We’ll be sharing this room soon” Donghae leaned in closer and kiss her cheek.

“Go away. Where’s Junhyung? What did you do to him?” Ha Neul tries to get up but Donghae pulled her back to the bed.

“Where do you want to go? He’s okay. We were just playing a game just now called kick-you-like-a-punch-bag. You want to give it a try? Boys, bring him in” Ha Neul eyes starts to fill with water as she saw two guys were dragging weak Junhyung inside the room.

“Here, let me show you a demonstration. You can push him on the wall and kick with your foot or knee like this” Ha Neul cries when Donghae treated Junhyung like an animal. “Donghae, stop it!” Ha Neul tears fall down on her cheek but Donghae didn’t stop his ‘game’. “Donghae, stop it. Please. Enough with your game. I’ll do anything but please, don’t hurt him” Ha Neul yell her willingness in tears. She didn’t bear to see Junhyung shouting in pain. “Anything? Then marry me” The two guys hold Junhyung’s body. Donghae walked to Ha Neul and raised her head by the chin.

“Ha Neul, don’t do it!” Junhyung raised his head in pain and shout to Ha Neul. She silent for a while. It was hard for her to make decisions because she knew she would never be happy with Donghae. He will treat her like his other ‘victims’. Just then, she saw a pistol was slipped on Donghae’s right side pants. “Okay, you win. I’ll marry you but first, please untie my hands. It hurts” Junhyung stoned when he heard Ha Neul’s decision. Donghae untie her hands roughly. “Ouch! Chagiya, slowly” Ha Neul changed her character in sudden. Junhyung’s tears fall down as he heard the word ‘chagiya’ came out from Ha Neul’s mouth. “Ha Neul, why did you do this to me?” Junhyung whispered to himself. As Donghae untie her legs, Ha Neul make her moves. She took the pistol and aimed it to Donghae.

“Don’t say any words to me. You think I really want to call you chagiya? Hell no!” Ha Neul holds the pistol carefully. “Yah, you two. Did Donghae pay you to do his dirty works?” Ha Neul look at them with her sharp eyes. “He didn’t pay us anything. He’s our master. We own him debts, that’s why” One of them talked with a big voice. “You want to know something? He never really cares about debts. He’s rich. He uses people for his own good. That’s why police arrest your friends, not guilty people. Think again, you don’t want him to send both of you to jail, aren’t you?” Ha Neul really hopes her plan would work. “You’re right. We’re tired of this” The two guys let go of Junhyung and walked furiously to him. Donghae stands up and hugged Ha Neul before she gets to shoot him. Ha Neul was cut out of breath as a knife was stabbed bore through the sweater on her stomach.

“That’s it. I have enough of you. This is what you get when you don’t want to follow what I say” Donghae laugh evilly. Ha Neul’s body fell on the floor and she fell unconscious. The police bombarded the room and caught Donghae and the two guys. Junhyung tries to move himself to Ha Neul eventhough he have no energy to stands up. He holds her body close to him and tries to wake her up. “Ha Neul-ah, wake up! Wake up! I need you. Don’t leave me. Please, wake up..saranghae...” After several call, Junhyung’s vision becomes blur and fainted.

~*~

“Junhyung, how are you today?” The doctor walked to Junhyung’s bed and does a check up. “Better. How long did I sleep?” Junhyung felt a big rock fall upon his head. “Three days. You’re lucky because your injuries are not so bad like the other patient” The doctor checks his blood pressure. “The other patient? Kim Ha Neul isn’t it? How is she? Is there any bad thing happened to her?” Junhyung’s heart starts to pound quickly. “I believe you must be her fiancé. Her condition is stable but unfortunately-”. “What?” Junhyung cut the doctor’s sentence. “She’s still in coma. Mr Junhyung, eat this pills after your lunch okay?” The doctor put the pills on the side table. “Doctor, can I see her for a while?”. “Sure. Follow me” the doctor send Junhyung by wheelchair and showed him Ha Neul’s room. The doctor pats his back and left them alone in the room.

“Ha Neul-ah, Jeongmal mianhae. I cannot protect you like I promise. I’m such a fool. If I have enough energy to fight them back, I’m the one that should be stabbed, not you. Don’t leave me. I need you so much. I promise you, after I get out from here, I’ll come everyday for you. If I broke it, you can take off this ring and throw it into the ocean” Junhyung holds Ha Neul cold hand tightly and kiss her hand before leaving.

Promise has been made but Junhyung broke it. After a week, the doctor approves his health and was out from the ward. Sometimes, Beast comes to visit Ha Neul except Junhyung. He never spare some time to go to the hospital. Mr and Mrs Kim were informed about their daughter when Doojoon went to her house in Busan. They were shocked about the news and went to Seoul to visit her. Later then, the boyband have to concentrate on their comeback performance and new album so they didn’t often come to the hospital to visit Ha Neul. The boys have told Junhyung that he was the only one who can make Ha Neul conscious again, but Junhyung was so ego. He said he have a lot of thing to do instead of visiting her. But deep in his heart, Junhyung cries silently.

“Ha Neul-ah, I broke my promise. I cannot face you anymore. I know you wouldn’t accept this fool again. My world didn’t allow us to be together. But I know one day, you’ll conscious by your own. You won’t need me anymore. Saranghae, Kim Ha Neul” Junhyung can only expresses his feelings to the sunset, the witness of their happiness. He could feel Ha Neul is beside him everytime he watch the sunset. But no matter what, he feels the sunset isn’t glowing brightly when Ha Neul is far away from him. He tries to convince himself that he’s happy, but his heart denies it. Junhyung knew he needs Ha Neul eventhough the sunset was his companion every evening.

After revealing their new album, Beast’s name was on the top of many charts. Their songs were played on many radios. During their presence on a music show, Beast was chosen to be on the first place in the chart. After they received the trophy, Junhyung remembered Ha Neul’s words, “Oppa, if you win any award or trophy, I want you to know that eventhough I’m not there, I’m one of the crowds, clapping and cheering for you. And I want you to know that I always proud to call you oppa”.

“Hyung, let’s go home. It’s raining badly out there. You don’t want to sleep here, are you?” Yoseob saw Junhyung was sitting alone at the dressing room. “Hyung, kwenchanayo?” Yoseob sat next to him. “Yeh, her words won’t get out from my head”. “Hyung, stop lying to yourself. It’s making you hurt more and more. You still have time to make things right. Go, she’s waiting for you for a long time” Junhyung gave Yoseob a small smile. He took the trophy and stands up. He ran out of the building towards the hospital.

“Ha Neul, I’m coming. Hang on there” Junhyung whispered to himself. He didn’t care what comes in front of him. He almost got hit by a car but he keep running.

When he arrived at the hospital, he took the stairs and went inside Ha Neul’s room. By that time, her parents were looking after her. They step backwards and let Junhyung sit on the bed. He holds her hand and kisses her forehead. He traced her small face with his hand.

“Ha Neul-ah, wake up. I’m here. You don’t have to sleep anymore. You can wake up now. I don’t want you to go. I want to live with you. We can watch the sunset together everyday, I won’t order you anymore and I won’t force you to eat or drink anymore. After this I won’t be your fake fiancé, I’ll be your real fiancé. I regret with what I’ve done. I just need you by my side. Look, we won a trophy. It’s all because of you. I know you were waiting for me to confess my feeling but I’m scared. I was scared that you won’t feel the same. Please wake up” Junhyung’s voice trembled. He hold her hand with full of hope that Ha Neul would open her eyes.

Mr and Mrs Kim were sad of their daughter condition and touched with Junhyung’s confession. They just want Ha Neul to wake up so they could apologise for their mistakes.

The night was filled with the heavy rain and thunders. Being in the rain along his way, Junhyung feels so cold. He coughs badly after the tiring running. He rubbed his chest but he keeps coughing. Just then, he feel Ha Neul’s hand is moving. Junhyung look at her and saw her eyes moving. “Ha Neul-ah” Junhyung spoke softly. Her eyes were opened and Ha Neul smile as she saw Junhyung is sitting next to her. At that moment, Junhyung feels energetic again eventhough sometimes he cough.

“Oppa, you’re coughing” Junhyung smile as he heard a weak voice calling him ‘oppa’, cares about his health more than herself.

“Kwenchana. You’re a lot more matter to me. I thought I lost you. Mianhae. For every-”.

“Shhh.. I’m tired of hearing your apologies all along” Ha Neul put a finger on his lips.

“Omma, appa, mianhae. I shouldn’t run away from home” Junhyung help her to sit up comfortably.

“Anniya. We’re the one supposed to apology to you because we forced you to be with Donghae. We’re glad you’re fine” Mr and Mrs Kim hugged her tightly.

“Omma~ I can’t breathe”.

“Omo, mianhae” Mrs Kim giggle.

 Late then, Beast members came inside the room with a lot of presents and a big teddy bear. “Yah, are you visiting a little girl?” Ha Neul giggle.

“Anniyo. It’s for you. Thank Goodness you’re okay” Doojoon put the present aside and hugged her.

“Doojoon, kamsahamnida. If isn’t because of you, my parents wouldn’t be here with me” Jiyoung saw her smile went sweeter than he used to see.

“Chagiya, I never saw you smile like that to me. But why to Doojoon? Is he your boyfriend?” Junhyung make a sad face.

“Aigoo, I didn’t know you were here” Ha Neul’s words burst them into laugh.

“After this I can’t smile to other people. I have to smile to Junhyung only. Including you, Doojoon” She make a furious face to Doojoon.

“Yah, don’t be like that. No one will come near me when I’m with you” Junhyung smirked. “I know. You like it that way, right?”. Ha Neul tries to smile sweetest way to him. “Chagiya.....” The other people widened their eyes with the way Junhyung called her. Like a little boy who needs attention. “Omo, where does that voice coming from?” Ha Neul couldn’t believe it was Junhyung. Ha Neul pinched his nose and laugh.

 “Omma, appa, can I talk to Junhyung alone?”.

“Go ahead. If you need anything, we will be outside the room” The room was quiet as they closed the door.

“So, you heard everything I say to you month ago?” Junhyung stuck his fingers in the spaces between Ha Neul’s. “Deh. You broke your promise, isn’t it?” Ha Neul make a sad face. “Mianhae. I didn’t mean to. Take it off if you want to. I don’t mind” Junhyung let go her hand. Ha Neul just stared at her hand and do nothing. “Yah, I said take it off if you want” Junhyung’s words went slow. “Yah, I don’t want to. It looks perfect on me” Ha Neul smile in weakness. “W-what? But...I broke my promise” Junhyung raised an eyebrow. “Kwenchana. It’s just a small promise. Don’t do it again after this. Arasso?”.”Arasso!” Junhyung nodded and hugged her.

Suddenly, Ha Neul was hardly able to breathe. Junhyung was so panicked looking at her breathing for air. He lay her down on the bed. “Ha Neul-ah, wait here. I’ll call the doctor” As he stands up, Ha Neul took his hand and pulled him closer. “What is it? Tell me” Junhyung leaned his ear closer to Ha Neul’s mouth. “Saranghae” Ha Neul giggle and kiss his cheek. “Yah, don’t do it again will you? You scared me!” He was so furious but Ha Neul just smile at him. Junhyung anger vanished as she pulled him in and kiss him on the lips. They let go their lips and stared at each other. Junhyung saw Ha Neul blushed and looked away. “Ha Neul-ah, saranghae” She bit her down lip as Junhyung kiss her cheek and they giggle together.

~*~