Never take it off

I thought I lost you

 

“I said let me go!” Ha Neul struggled herself. “Why sweetie? Isn’t this what you want? A romantic guy who would give whatever you want. I’m the one that suites the taste” The guy try to caress Ha Neul but she evaded and slap him in the face. “What are you doing here, Donghae? I told you we’re over!” Ha Neul stands further. “What am I doing here? Looking for you baby. I miss you so much. I want a kiss” Donghae walked towards her but got slapped again. “Go away you ert! Or I call the security!” Ha Neul pointed her finger to the entrance with a furious expression. “Wait. Chill out. Your omma call me to take you home. She misses you so much since you run away from home. She’s worried about you” Donghae rubbed his face.

“I know where’s my home is. You don’t have to trouble yourself for me. I can take care of myself. I don’t need you here, Donghae. Go home” Ha Neul faced away and walked to the entrance.“Don’t you dare to go anywhere Ha Neul. I spent everything for you. This is how you pay me back?” Donghae caught her hand and pulled her in. “If you want everything you gave me years ago, I can give it all back if its too precious to you! I’ll give back every cent you gave me. Let me go!”  Donghae just tightened his grip and try to kiss her.

“Yah, you heard her! Let her go” They turned around to a familiar voice.

“Oppa! Help me” Donghae threw Ha Neul on the floor and stretched his fingers.

“Who are you? Her dad?” Donghae laugh.

“I’m her fiancé. Does it matter to you? Back off!” Junhyung helped Ha Neul gets up and stand in front of her.

“Ha Neul, you’re better watched out. This is not the end of us” Donghae stepped backwards and vanished in the crowd of people in the lobby.

“Kwenchanayo?” Junhyung put his hands on Ha Neul’s shoulders.

“Deh” Ha Neul hugged him tightly. “I don’t know what would happen if you weren’t here” Ha Neul cried herself suddenly.

“Anniya. I told you to call me. You’re lucky because I forgot something in the car too. Yah, don’t cry. I’m here” Junhyung wipe her tears and look deep in her eyes. “I never thought he would come to find me. Mianhae...for troubling you” Ha Neul can’t stop herself from crying.

“Shhh...You should have told me everything earlier. From now on, wherever you go, I’ll be there for you. Kaja. I’ll take your things in the car later” Junhyung leaded her to the room and cool her down.

Ha Neul sat on the chair and silent herself. She didn’t take her shower but sit on that chair alone. She keeps thinking about Donghae’s words. Later then, Junhyung came out from the bathroom and saw her cry. He wore his cloth and sat next to her. Junhyung try to make her comfortable but no words were out. Ha Neul didn’t tell much about Donghae to Junhyung. After the short conversation, Ha Neul went to the bathroom and get change to go to the beach together with the others. “Ha Neul, I told you not to wear sleeveless shirt at night. It’s cold outside” Junhyung realised about her dressing. “I didn’t bring many clothes in my bag. Mianhae” Ha Neul sat on the bed. “Enough with the apologies. They’re waiting for us” Junhyung let Ha Neul wear his favourite sweater while he wear a black sweater.

~*~

“You made it. I thought you wouldn’t come” Ha Neul stand next to Doojoon who was barbequing some meats. “The nice smell asks me to come” Ha Neul giggle. “Where’s Junhyung?”  Hyunseung looked around. “He said he left something in the room. I wonder what took him so long” Ha Neul sat at the table.  The boys joined her with some foods served on the table. “You cook this, Doojoon?” Ha Neul couldn’t believe her eyes. “Technically, yes. But Kikwang and Dongwoon helped me” Doojoon feel proud with himself. “Hyung, you forgot about me. I helped you tasted the foods” Yoseob poke Doojoon’s back and sat next to him. “Yah, you taste all the foods in a big plate. That’s called eating, Yoseob” Doojoon smirked.

“Have you tried to call him?” Kikwang ask Ha Neul. “He didn’t let me to bring my cellphone. He said no need to worry about him”. “He’ll come. Maybe a little bit late. He’s too busy with everything” The boys start to fill their plate with food but Ha Neul’s plate was still empty. “Ha Neul-ah, there’s a lot of foods. Why your plate isn’t picking any? I thought you’re hungry” Dongwoon saw Ha Neul didn’t take anything for her. “Maybe I’ll just wait till Junhyung come. You guys can eat first” Ha Neul forced herself to smile.

“They ask you to eat. You don’t have to wait for me” Someone hugged her from behind with silver ring appeared in front of her. Ha Neul turn her head and see Junhyung was smiling at her. “What’s this?” Ha Neul look at the ring. Junhyung took her left hand and wear it on her ring finger. It looks perfect on her. “Oppa..” Ha Neul looked confused. “Don’t take it off. Ever” Junhyung sat next to her and took some foods on his plate. Ha Neul was totally lost. She didn’t get any clue about the ring. Junhyung took a small slice of beef and feed her. Ha Neul didn’t say anything but just stared at Junhyung. “Ha Neul-ah, are you okay?” Ha Neul just nodded and chew slowly everytime Junhyung feed her.

“You two look so cute together. Aww....I’m touched” Kikwang stop eating when he saw the feeding scene. “Kikwang-ah, I know you’re jealous. Feed Yoseob if you want to” Doojoon made everyone burst to laugh. Ha Neul blushed and look down. “You want me to feed you till the end?” Junhyung look at her. “You didn’t stop giving me food. How am I supposed to eat by myself?”. “Then why you just eat whatever I give to you?” Ha Neul didn’t answer him. She stands up and went to the sea shore. “What did you do to her?” Kikwang look at Junhyung. “I didn’t do anything. Why is she acting like that?” Junhyung stared at Ha Neul from his chair. “Hyung, talk to her. Maybe she has the answer” Yoseob said like he understands Ha Neul. Junhyung stands up and walked to the shore.

“Kwenchanayo?” Junhyung hugged her from behind to make her warm.

“I keep thinking about Donghae. I feel like your life is in danger” Ha Neul voice sounded slow.

“In danger? Why? He’s going to kill me because I kidnapped you?” Junhyung smirked.

“Oppa, I’m serious. He have done many crime without leaving any thumbprint. Even the police could not arrest him without any evidence” Ha Neul start to reveal about Donghae.

“He’s cunning guy” Ha Neul nodded to what he say.

“But why is he looking for you?” Junhyung put his head on her shoulder.

“He’s my ex-boyfriend. My family have debts with him. He told us the debts are settled if he could have me. They didn’t have any choice except to force me to be with him. At first, it went just fine but until one day, I found out he was making out with another girl in his room. I thought it would be the end of us but he dragged me to hell. Donghae beat me like a beast. He even tries to me” Ha Neul cried.

“He... you?” Junhyung voice trembled.

“But thank goodness, taekwando saves me. I managed to defend myself and run away” Ha Neul smile in relieve.

“So you....”Junhyung stopped.

“No, I didn’t lose my ity. Why?” Ha Neul wait for the answer.

“Anniyo. I’m just...happy that you could tell me these things”.

“Oppa..”. “Deh?”

“Kamsahamnida” Ha Neul smiled.

“Neh?” Seunghyun looked confused.

“For the ring. I like it” Ha Neul look at her hand.

“Small thing. Ha Neul-ah, I want to say some- Nevermind” He changed his mind.

Junhyung holds her hand and walked back to their table. The boys played games and sing their favourite songs. Eventhough the breeze got through their skin, the boys didn’t care. “Oppa, it’s almost midnight. Can I have the key? I’m tired” Ha Neul rubbed her eyes like a child.“You’re tired? Wait, I’ll walk you to the room. Guys, fun time. It’s time to go to bed. We have a lot of things to do tomorrow” The boys nodded Junhyung’s says and walked to their rooms. Ha Neul keep looking back and felt suspicious.”Is there something wrong?” Junhyung realised her weird actions. “I think someone is following us” Ha Neul whispered on his ear. She pulled Junhyung’s hand and entered their room fast. Ha Neul changed her cloth and went to sleep.

“Ha Neul-ah, you’re asleep?” Junhyung checked on her. No respond. He sat on the chair and keep thinking about what Ha Neul told her at the beach. His watch showed 2.30 a.m. and he cannot sleep. Sometime he saw Ha Neul changed her pose and he smiled to himself. He thought Ha Neul sleeps like a cat, but he doesn’t know why.

“Aaaaahhhhh!!” Junhyung saw Ha Neul woke up and breathe heavily. “It’s just a bad dream. Go to sleep” Junhyung sit next to her and just then, Ha Neul hugged him tightly. “Oppa, I dreamed about Donghae. Can I...sleep with you?” Ha Neul voice shuttered. “Sure. Anything that makes you feel safe” Ha Neul went to Junhyung’s bed and laid her body next to him. “Oppa, have you turned off the air-cond? It’s still cold”. “I didn’t even turn it on” Junhyung moved closer to Ha Neul to make her warm and saw her closes her eyes. Junhyung gave a goodnight kiss on her forehead and fell asleep.