My Heart's Beating Only For You

The Way You Make Me Smile

You sat in the fancy restaurant waiting for Hoya, your boyfriend of 3 years. You were supposed to meet at 7PM but you got there 20 minutes early. As time passed, you were reminiscing on the past years together with Hoya, this was the first time you actually celebrated Valentine’s Day together through all these years.

 

You met in the first year of high school. He was in a lot of your classes, you sat next to him in most of them, coincidentally, and you only talked to him once or twice a week. When you did talk to him, you asked him for help on the class work you did, if you had any homework, or if you could copy his notes from the day you were absent. On Valentine’s Day of your first year, you found him at your locker at the end of the school day. You stopped in front of him and looked at your feet, not knowing what to say.

 

“_____-ssi…”

 

“Neh?” You answered still staring at the ground.

 

“I need to confess something.” Hoya announced.

 

“W-w-what is it?” You asked quietly, nervous.

 

“I-I’ve liked you since the first moment I’ve seen you…a-and I’d really like it if I could call you mine. Will you please be my girlfriend?” He blurted nervously.

 

The moment he asked you to be his girlfriend, all those moments together with him started to come into your mind again. Why would you always ask him if you had homework when you already knew you did? Why would you ask for help and pretend to not understand it just to make him talk to you even more? Why did you ask to copy his notes when you had other friends in your class? That’s when you realized. All those times, you had liked him. Not just a little crush that would go away in a few days, it was more like you had fallen in love.

 

“I-I-I-“ You stuttered, but quickly got cut off.

 

“Every time I see you at lunch across the room with your friends, laughing and talking, makes me happy just because of your smile. Your smile makes my day. Not only that, but you’re beautiful. You don’t try to impress guys in this school by hiking your skirt up, or ing your blouse. You keep it the way it’s supposed to be, and it made me like you a lot. I can’t stop thinking about you. Even if I’m having a bad day, just seeing you makes it better. I want to be there for you when you’re feeling down. I want to be the shoulder you can lean on when you’re tired. I want to be yours and only yours. Even if you reject me, I just want you to know how I feel about you. I don’t think I just like you, I’m in love with you.” He confessed, grabbing your left hand with his right hand.

 

“How could I ever reject you?” You said, stepping closer to Hoya.

 

“Well…it’s possible…” He mumbled, gripping your hand even tighter.

 

“Well I’m not going to. Because I think…I think I l-love you too.” You blushed. He let go of your hand and you pouted at the loss of warmth. But the warmth soon came back when he wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you to his chest.

 

“Uh…Hoya-ssi…” You called.

 

“Call me oppa.” He said softly.

 

“Well…Hoya oppa, I have to get my bag so I can go home…” Your voice trailed because you didn’t want to leave him.

 

“Ah…sorry _____-ah.” He let go and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

 

“It’s okay.” You responded, opening your locker, throwing all of your books in. He walked you home. You stopped right in front of your house and he hugged you again. He pulled away and leaned in to give you a sweet kiss, the best first kiss anyone could ask for.

 

After you finished reminiscing on how Hoya had asked you to be his girlfriend, you stopped spacing out and found Hoya sitting across from you looking at the restaurant’s menu.

 

“EHHH?! OPPA WHEN DID YOU GET THERE?!” You yelled, surprised seeing your boyfriend sitting right in front of you.

 

“Shhh why are you so loud, baby? I got here 5 minutes ago.” Hoya chuckled. “You know, you were spacing out, and you kept smiling to yourself. You’re so weird.”

 

“YAH! I was just thinking about how you asked me out.” You pouted.

 

“Hmm…so what do you want to eat?” He asked.

 


 

 

You walked silently to your apartment, fingers intertwined. You lived alone because you were a senior in high school, and your parents decided to let you live alone, although Hoya did stay over a lot. When you got to your apartment, you went to your room to change while Hoya stayed outside. When you were finished, you left your room, but you couldn’t find Hoya anywhere. “Oppa?” you called out.

 

“Hoya oppa?” Tears were starting to form in your eyes, thinking Hoya was cruel enough to leave you alone on Valentine’s Day after one short dinner.

 

Hoya was hiding behind the kitchen counter with his gift for you, waiting to surprise you. But when he saw tears starting to flow, he dropped the gifts and ran towards you, and enveloped you in his arms.

 

“Don’t cry. Don’t cry, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to make you cry. I wanted to surprise you. Please don’t cry baby.” He apologized over and over again, your hair and rubbing your back. He kissed your right cheek, your left cheek, your forehead, and your nose, then made his way to your lips. He kissed you passionately, running his tongue over your lips occasionally. He ran back to your kitchen to pick up the gifts. He gave you a stuffed animal and twelve red roses. A letter came with the roses:

 

To My Baby Girl:

 

I love you so much. Always remember that. I can’t live without you, and my feelings are still as strong as they were when we first started to date. My feelings for you will never change and I will spend the rest of my life with you. Saranghae<3

 

Love,

Your Boyfriend, Lee Howon

 

You laughed at his cute handwriting, but the tears still kept overflowing from your eyes.

 

“Saranghae oppa. Sorry I didn’t get you anything.” You chuckled, wiping the tears from your cheeks.

 

“You didn’t need to get me anything. Don’t worry about it.” Hoya reassured you, kissing away your tears. You wrapped his arms around his torso again, burying your face in his chest, taking in his scent.

 

“Do you hear that noise?” He asked you.

 

You shook your head, “What noise?” He pushed your head to his chest so you could hear his racing heartbeat.

 

That noise. My heart that still beats uncontrollably for you.”

 

“You’re so cheesy. I think you hang out with Woohyun oppa too much.” You chuckled, pecking his lips.

 



 

 

Ugh. That took forever to write. But I'll try to write more for V-Day<3 enjoy Hoyar oppaaaaaa!!!!!!

Please read my other stories too!!! [Excluding my Lee Joon fic...cuz i abandoned that.]

SUBSCRIBE & COMMENT