Another Normal Day At School

Awooo

It’s Bora’s turn to handle the troublemakers.


In the detention room was a blonde-haired girl, sitting lifelessly behind her desk as the officer-in-charge watched her every move like a hawk stalking its prey. It had only been less than ten minutes since she got locked in this room with the horrible vice-president and she could already feel herself itching to move, yearning to release her infinite amount of energy. She could escape, but with her bound to her seat like that, she was going to need a little help. More specifically, help from her silver-haired buddy.

 

Five minutes passed. She shifted uncomfortably in her seat. She wasn’t sure if it was because of the vice-president’s burning gaze on her or the fact that she was tied up so tightly. Maybe she just wasn’t used to being restrained for such a long time. Yes, that must be it.

 

Another five minutes passed. She felt like dying. The tightness of the ropes, the dead silence, the way she wasn’t able to move at all, the—was Bora always this pretty? The older looked so... attractive with the way she sat on the desk with one leg crossed over the other, and not to mention that intense stare she had. It made her feel... things.

 

Damn, I must be finally going nuts to find that crazy y...

 

With a grimace on her face, she started banging her head on the desk to shoo away the “evil” thoughts. And of course Bora was freaked out when the girl suddenly started slamming her face onto her desk out of nowhere. “The ?” she mumbled to herself.

 

“Erm,” Bora said to the girl who was still smashing her head on the desk. “I’m off to the restroom. Please try not to kill yourself while I’m gone.”

 

The moment Bora left, the blonde lifted her head. She took in a deep breath and, at the top of her lungs, shouted, “KIM YOOHYEON!!!”

 

Hearing the loud yell, Bora ran back to the detention room, only to find the girl already maneuvering herself towards the window with her toes supporting her weight. Before she could stop her, the girl threw her body out of the window together with her chair.

 

“What the ?! Lee Siyeon!”

 

~•~

 

“Yoohyeonie to the rescue! Yay!”

 

The silver-haired girl dashed happily towards where Siyeon was about to land and waited right at the exact spot with arms open.

 

A few seconds later, a loud crash could be heard throughout the entire schoolyard. Ouch...

 

“Woo! I’d pay to do that again!” Siyeon cheered as she had killed two birds with one stone—successfully freeing herself yet getting her daily adrenaline rush at the same time.

 

“You look like ,” she pointed out to Yoohyeon who was bleeding from both nostrils and had cuts all over her face.

 

“Hey! I saved you! Your fat isn’t exactly that light,” the silver-haired girl jabbed at Siyeon’s black eye roughly.

 

“Ow! My eye landed on your ing shoulder, it freaking hurts like a !” whined Siyeon.

 

“Boohoo, cry me a river,” taunted the other. “Now what?”

 

“I dunno. I got some spray paint here, though.”

 

“Ooo.”

 

~•~

 

“Wow, you actually let her escape from your watch?” said Minji as she looked up from her paperwork, amused.

 

“She ing jumped out the window! From the third floor!”

 

“Oh, didn’t Yoohyeon do that too yesterday? I swear I almost fainted when I saw that.”

 

“Yes, and you did faint. Anyway, speaking of that giant, she came to Siyeon’s rescue immediately with just a single call of her name. What’s up with her?”

 

“No wonder I heard her name just now, I thought it was my mind doing that,” said Minji with a hand resting against her cheek, blushing.

 

“Wha—That’s not the point!” Bora almost wanted to strangle the girl infront of her.

 

“Look, since Lee Siyeon managed to escape today, her hyper is bound to start some trouble anytime soon. I need you to come along since they only listen to you, which by the way I still don’t understand why because you couldn’t even hurt a fly.”

 

“I’m busy, though...” pouted the president, gesturing to all the papers spread out on her desk.

 

Bora sighed and nodded in understanding.

 

“But I think I may be able to join you later on if I rush through—“

 

“Great!”

 

“—and maybe I’ll get to see Yoohyeon too—“

 

“...great.”

 

~•~

 

“Hey!" Bora yelled at two suspicious figures who were crouched beside a car, doing God knows what to it.

 

Surprised, the two girls whipped their heads towards her. The taller one smiled brightly and greeted cheerfully, "Hi unnie!"

 

Bora looked suspiciously at the younger who had tissues stuffed in both nostrils and bandaids all over her face. "Right, hello," she replied sarcastically, folding her arms across her chest. "Now what are you up to, Yoohyeon?"

 

Siyeon waved the spanner that was in her hand. Bora refrained herself from laughing at how ridiculous the blonde looked with that black eye. "Yoohyeon and I are giving this car a makeover!" the blonde chirped happily, seemingly unaware of how stupid she looked right now.

 

The silver-haired girl nodded enthusiastically as she shook the can of spray paint furiously. "Prepare to be amazed by my wonderful artistic talents.”

 

“As far as I can remember, Yoohyeon, your drawing skills are utter .” Bora deadpanned before letting out a horrified gasp as the girl sprayed a very uneven green line onto the car's boot. "Oh my g– YAH! That's the principal's car, idiot!" she slapped the girl's head.

 

"Huh? Really?!" they asked in shock as Bora nodded, biting her thumb nervously. "That’s even better!" they grinned and high-fived each other before continuing with what they were doing.

 

"What?! No! The two of you better stop right now and fix this mess!" commanded Bora in her most fearsome and authoritative tone (that's what she thinks).

 

Suddenly, the two girls stood up and slowly advanced towards her, closing in on her from both sides. Bora almost cowered from the way they both easily towered over her. Almost. But she tried her best to put up a tough front.

 

Yoohyeon looked thoughtful for a moment as she put a finger on her chin. "Give us free lunch for a year," she offered.

 

"No."

 

"Then no!" the two mischievous girls hollered and broke into a run, catching Bora off guard. 

 

They proceeded to hoist themselves up the school fence with their long limbs and landed successfully on the other side, sticking their tongues out at Bora as they escaped.

 

"YAH! I still haven’t gotten you back for escaping detention, Lee Siyeon!”

 

~•~

 

Hehe...

 

Hehehe...

 

A few creepy giggles echoed off the walls of the school hallways, giving Minji the shivers. The president had stayed true to her words and rushed through her work, joining Bora midway, but the latter decided that it’d be quicker if they were to split up and look for them instead. It was already way past school hours and there was not a single soul left in school, except for the occasional students walking by to leave the premises.

 

Hehehe...

 

The hair-raising laughters ensued, getting louder as Minji ventured down the dark hallway. There shouldn't be anyone left in school—she was pretty sure she saw the last student walk out of the school building a few moments ago. Unless...the school is haunted? Minji shuddered at the thought, feeling goosebumps crawl up her arms. Why did Bora have to suggest splitting up? What made her even think that those three were still hanging around in the school at this hour?

 

As she turned towards the corner, she heard the slamming of lockers and a few hushed whispers and quickly retreated behind the wall. She could make out one very distinct boyish voice and another that she’d never fail to recognize.

 

“Hehe—“

 

“Would you stop laughing like that?”

 

“Sorry, I got excited.”

 

"Pfft, I can already imagine their reactions tomorrow."

 

“I know right? They’ll be like ‘Kyaa!’ and then start crying or—“

 

Minji frowned. She had no idea what the two were planning, but decided to put an end to it anyway. Without warning, she leapt out from behind the wall and pointed an accusing finger at them. "Are you guys stealing?!”

 

"Woah!" they yelled in surprise, one of them almost dropping the glass jar in her hands onto the floor if not for her fast reflexes.

 

"Yo,” the shorter of the two greeted, raising a hand up coolly. "I thought there wouldn’t be anyone in school at this hour.”

 

"Yes, there shouldn’t be anyone in school at this hour,” she put her hands on her hips.

 

“What’s in there?” she pointed at the jar the silver-haired girl was holding. It was opaque, hence she couldn’t see what was inside.

 

“Oh, you wouldn’t want to know,” said Yoobin, a slight hint of amusement in her tone as a smirk formed on her face.

 

Minji was taken aback with the junior’s confidence. “Why not?”

 

“Believe me, you really don’t want to know what’s inside.”

 

She frowned, turning towards the other person. “Yoohyeon...”

 

“Y-Yes?” answered the tallest with red ears.

 

“Open it,” the president insisted on finding out the contents of the jar.

 

“Um, are you sure?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Really really sure?”

 

“Yes! Open it!”

 

“Alright then, don’t say we didn’t warn you...” the silver-haired girl said slowly and opened the lid of the jar, revealing its contents.

 

Minji’s eyes widened as she saw something brown moving inside. "Are those—KYAAAAAA!!" she screamed bloody murder when one flew out of the jar and right into her face.

 

“Get it AWAY from me!” she cried as the cockroach flew aggressively, orbiting around her body.

 

“You know what they say, ‘prez, curiosity kills the cat,” said Yoobin with a shrug.

 

“We did warn you,” reminded Yoohyeon as she recaptured the insect when it landed on the floor.

 

“So...” the tallest started hesitantly. “...Are we in trouble?”

 

She looked expectantly at the girl on the ground, who still had her head down. Then, Minji lifted her head and with tears in her eyes, she glared at the two juniors.

 

“What do you think?!” she screeched.

 

“Yikes... she snapped real hard, alright...” stated Yoobin cautiously.

 

". Abort mission! Run for it, Yoobin!" 

 

Yoohyeon ran to the nearest window and ripped it open, throwing herself out with Yoobin following suit.

 

Minji stared at the window with an amused expression, her anger towards the two girls suddenly gone. Then, she realized something.

 

"Why do they always leave through windows?"

 

 

 

“Oh well, at least I got to see Yoohyeon today.”

 

~•~

 

On the other side, Bora had heard some noises near the lockers as well. She sprinted towards the source, only to stop abruptly in her tracks as she came face to face with someone who was unexpectedly by herself today.

 

The person also looked a little flustered at the sight of her, but quickly put on her usual stoic expression.

 

Lee Siyeon.

 

“Now what are you up to again, Lee Siyeon?”

 

“None of your business, nosy woman!” the blonde snapped, her right arm behind her back.

 

“What are you hiding?” Bora inched closer towards her, trying to take a peek at the blonde’s back. “Did you steal something?”

 

“Don’t come any closer!” she panicked.

 

Bora scoffed. “Or what?”

 

“Or I’ll...I’ll throw this at you!” she flung a dead cockroach in Bora’s direction.

 

“What are you—AHHHHHH!!”

 

Siyeon guffawed obnoxiously as she watched the vice-president run around in circles while flailing her arms, screaming incoherent words. Out of a sudden, her head snapped towards the culprit, shooting her a death glare. A murderous aura emanated from her body as she approached the blonde dangerously.

 

"Uh-oh..." Siyeon stopped laughing and slowly backed away from the tiny angry lady.

 

It was only a matter of time before she found herself trapped between the wall and the predator-like girl infront of her. Her eyes flickered left and right anxiously, looking for a possible escape route. Spotting an open window nearby (Yoohyeon's fault), she ducked under Bora and attempted to make a run for it.

 

Unfortunately for her, the vice-president had managed to grab on tightly to the back of her shirt's collar. With a victorious smirk on her face, Bora tugged the blonde roughly towards her.

 

"Huk!" a strangled sound came from Siyeon’s throat as she fell onto her bum.

 

"Ha! I got you now!" Bora cackled evilly, dragging the poor girl across the floor. 

 

"I shall make you my slave..."

 

~•~

 

The next day...

 

“Carry these, servant.” ordered Bora, piling a mountain of books onto Siyeon’s shaky arms.

 

“And these too.” More books were dumped onto her.

 

“Oh, and also these.” Files were thrown in as well.

 

“Ah! I almost forgot!”

 

The petite girl heaved up a large hard-covered thousand-paged dictionary with a huff, then dropped it at the top of the pile, causing everything to come crashing down, including the blonde.

 

“Damn you, Kim Bora...” cursed Siyeon, watching as the vice-president walked ahead with a flick of the hair, hips swaying.

 

 

After being Kim Bora’s slave for the whole day, Siyeon was dragged back into the detention room by the former to continue her punishment.

 

“Why do I have to be tied up again?!” she complained.

 

“I’m not risking anything,” Bora replied simply, eyes glued onto the book she was reading.

 

“This is useless! I can just escape again, y’know?”

 

Still not looking up from her book, she gestured towards the windows, all of them already locked up. “I prepared, stupid.”

 

Siyeon gasped. “I demand to see my lawyer!” she kicked with her legs, flinging her shoe and hitting the girl’s book accurately.

 

Bora finally looked up from the book she was reading and sent a glare towards the noisy blonde who was thrashing in her seat. “You little shi—“ she raised a threatening fist at the blonde. “What lawyer, you mean her?” she pointed to the back of the room.

 

Siyeon stopped her tantrum momentarily and turned around only to find Yoobin in the same predicament as her.

 

“Sup,” the short-haired girl gave a curt nod.

 

Siyeon’s jaw dropped. “What are you doing here?!”

 

Yoobin shrugged. “Got caught with Yoohyeon.” She then pointed to the opposite end of the room with her thumb.

 

“Hi!” the tall one greeted happily, as if she wasn’t tied up onto her chair at the moment.

 

“How’d both of you get caug—“

 

At that moment, Minji entered the room with a bright smile. “Hello!” her smile brightened when she saw the silver-haired girl. Said girl was already turning red at the sight of the president.

 

“...nevermind.”

 

Siyeon slammed her head on the desk, submitting to her fate.


 

what should i write next?