A Normal Day At School

Awooo

Minji handles the school’s troublemakers


Minji sighed as she arranged her papers, stacking them neatly one atop the other. She stretched and leaned against the backrest of her chair, letting out a huff as she finally finished her paperwork for the day. As the student council president, her main duty was to coordinate activities for the student council and oversee all affairs of the student body. But the most important part of her role as council president, was to keep the school in order at all times. Sounds like a mundane job? Oh, no. Sure it was the most crucial job, however it was also the most challenging yet. Adding in the fact that the students in this school weren't considered as particularly normal. She shuddered at the thought.

 

Being part of the student council surely was exhausting, as Minji glanced over at her vice-president, Bora, who was currently sprawled on the couch, mouth wide open and snoring like a beast. Due to it being their senior year, both Minji and Bora had to focus more on their studies, yet deal with the school matters at the same time. Because of that, the poor girls had been running around doing errands and never had the time for rest. Minji patted her partner’s head gratefully for being a great help and covered her small frame with a blanket, letting out a small giggle as the latter mumbled random words in her sleep.

 

Nonetheless, being a student councillor did have its perks too. Like for example, they were given a large office which extended to three additional rooms; a small conference room where they held their weekly meetings, a pantry and a lounge room to relax in. Not like they ever had the chance to relax, that is. Bora had better thank all the Gods right now.

 

 

And there came a knock on the door.

 

 

"President?" the council secretary, Handong, peeked her head in and asked in a timid voice.

 

Minji shifted her gaze to the Chinese girl. "Yes?"

 

"Umm," she pursed her lips before continuing hesitantly, "They are at it again."

 

Minji sighed. Now they were one of the most disobedient ones in the school. The small group consisted of three juniors—a rowdy bunch who usually pulled pranks on teachers, students and the like; basically doing whatever the hell they wanted. They were called as such because they shall not be named in the council room at all times. And also mainly because Bora hated their guts. Yes.

 

Nevertheless, those impish kids always have something up their sleeves and the day never ends uneventfully, regardless of whether they were present in class or not.

 

It is something to wonder about, how nobody tries to stop them. But then again, they were always flitting from place to place. Heck, you'd even find them in the middle schoolers' classes sometimes. And let's face it, no one can stand handling them. Except Kim Minji, maybe. That's probably the reason she was elected as council president anyway. That girl’s patience is on a whole new level.

 

On a side note, although Minji hated to admit it, the annoying bunch were her friends and even though they've always made her job much more difficult for her, she'll always have a soft spot for them. And she knew that they did, too. Especially a certain giant puppy.

 

And then she was reminded of how the younger generation was starting to follow in their footsteps. The thought made Minji’s head ache as she went on her way to find the troublesome trio herself. Opening the door, she turned back once more to look at the slumbering vice-president. The girl had her right hand in the air in a stabbing motion, mumbling to herself again.

 

"Die...die, Lee Siyeon...”

 

~•~

 

As Minji strolled down the hallways, she heard a loud despairing wail coming from one of the classrooms. She padded over and stood at the entrance of the class, taking a quick glance at the plate that was hung above the door. This is the middle schoolerszone, she thought.

 

Once she opened the door, she was greeted by an amusing sight—a short-haired student seated relaxedly at the teacher's desk, staring hard at one of the other students. Minji was surprised. What was a junior doing here?

 

"No!"

 

Another painful shriek disrupted her thoughts.

 

The junior leaned back on her seat, resting her feet on the desk as she opened up another bag of gummy bears. She kept her intense gaze on the student as she bit the gummy bear's head off ruthlessly, chewing in an obnoxious manner.

 

"Stop!" the middle-schooler cried as another innocent gummy bear had fallen before her own eyes.

 

The junior simply ignored the girl's pleas and continued gobbling down the delicious treats. The girl’s bottom lip quivered as she watched on helplessly with teary eyes.

 

"I never knew you were so sadistic, Yoobin." Minji stated monotonously.

 

Yoobin choked, pounding her chest harshly as she tried to cough the gummy bear remnants out of her windpipe.

 

"Geez, where'd you come from?"

 

"I thought someone was getting murdered judging from the screams,” Minji narrowed her eyes at the junior. “Turns out you were just bullying Gahyeon over here," she gestured to the sniffling girl who was cradling the surviving gummy bears protectively in her arms.

 

Yoobin shrugged. "Well, she's cute so I just wanted to a little bit."

 

"Tease?! You traumatized the poor girl!" Minji pulled at her hair in exasperation as she dragged the short-haired junior out of the class.

 

 ~•~

 

Yah, Minji!

 

Minji winced and retracted her phone away from her ear at the loud high-pitched screaming coming from the other line.

 

“Yes, Bora?”

 

What is this?!

 

“What’s what?”

 

One moment, I’ll send you a pic,” and the line ended.

 

Seconds later, Minji received a message from Bora with an image attached, captioned “wtf is this??”. It was a snap of Bora’s laptop screen which was currently on the school’s homepage, except that the school’s homepage definitely did not look like the way it was supposed to.

 

The bodies of school representatives were replaced with bodies of women who were dressed so skimpily to the point of , practically spilling everywhere. Horrible drawings of s and were scattered all over the page and written in the middle in big bold green was:

 

‘HACKED MUTHAAS!’

 

Green. Minji rubbed her temples and sighed, knowing very well who was responsible for this.

 

~•~

 

Back in the student council office, Bora sat idly on the couch, eyeing the student council president who was busying herself over the shelves.

 

Finally acquiring whatever she was searching for, Minji turned towards her partner with an unreadable expression.

 

"Our school funds have been completely depleted,” she deadpanned.

 

And there was a pregnant pause.

 

The vice-president looked at her expectantly with raised eyebrows, nodding and gesturing her to continue. "And?”

 

Minji sighed. “We still had funds that could last the school for at least a few more years, how could it all have vanished just like that?”

 

“Me! Pick me! I know the answer!”

 

Both Minji and Bora snapped their heads towards the source of the additional voice—the window.

 

"Hi!" the person greeted, waving energetically.

 

"Y-Yoohyeon, we...we're on the third floor..." Minji paled.

 

"Yeah!" replied Yoohyeon cheerfully.

 

"How did yo–"

 

"Oh, Siyeon-unnie is calling me. Bye guys!" she jumped off.

 

"Oh my God!" Bora screamed.

 

Minji fainted.

 

~•~

 

In actual fact, Yoohyeon and Siyeon were easy to find, as they were always together. If you managed to spot one of them, chances are you’d find the other somewhere nearby. Usually Yoobin would be with them too, but seeing as how the short-haired girl got caught by Minji a while ago, she can now rule her out.

Since those two were always hungry, Minji and Bora decided to head to their haven—the kitchen, where Home Economics classes were held at.

 

As soon as Bora opened the door, countless bags of Doritos spilled out, sweeping the petite girl away through the hallways in a sea of Doritos. Minji blinked as she heard a faint “What the !” in the distance.

 

She stared as the bags of Doritos continued spilling out the door endlessly. “...I guess that’s where the budget went.”

 

Suddenly, loud guffaws could be heard from outside.

 

"Aw, there goes our snacks...”

 

“Yeah but did you see how her eyes bulged out when she opened the door? HAHA! Yoobin should’ve been here.”

 

The two pranksters were hiding behind a tree that was directly infront of the window. Scratch that, it wasn’t even a tree. It was a freaking plant they were “hiding” behind. Minji had no idea how no one managed to notice them sticking out like sore thumbs. The corner of her lips lifted slightly as she watched the two wave bags of Doritos in their hands mockingly, mischievous grins plastered onto their faces as they danced around dorkily.

 

She shook her head at the sight. The two childish juniors would never miss a chance to prank the unsuspecting vice-president. That's why Bora abhorred them so much to the point that even hearing just their names gets her fuming.

 

As much as she enjoyed watching the two celebrate in their very own silly way, she still needed to punish them for causing so much trouble. And so, she cleared and tried to make herself sound as upset as possible.

 

“Kim. Yoo. Hyeon.”

 

Almost instantly, the tall girl stopped what she was doing, which was burrying Siyeon under Doritos. She stood up straight and looked everywhere else except at the president.

 

“Y-Yes?” she stuttered nervously.

 

“I know it was you who hacked the school’s website, you rascal,” said Minji as she folded her arms, clearly upset.

 

“I-I...”

 

The girl’s head was down as she kept her gaze on the ground, refusing to look into Minji’s eyes, looking much like a kicked puppy. Unbeknownst to her, the president was actually finding this all too adorable for her.

 

“Well?” she prompted further, raising an eyebrow. “Are you gonna revert it back?”

 

“Okay...” obliged Yoohyeon obediently, taking a timid glance at Minji before bringing her gaze back to the ground quickly.

 

Minji, who noticed, squealed internally. So cute!

 

“Man, she got you wrapped around her pretty little fingers man,” commented Siyeon, still laying on the ground, as she picked a chip off her body and ate it. “You didn’t even put up a fight.”

 

“Oh you’re not off the hook either, Lee Siyeon. You used all of the school’s budget to buy Doritos. Just Doritos!”

 

“Not just Doritos, five thousand bags of Doritos!” she corrected proudly.

 

“Five thousand bags of Doritos! I don’t even want to know what you two planned on doing with all those.”

 

“Actually, we planned to blend them all and replace the school’s water system with—

 

“—I SAID I DON’T WANT TO KNOW!” snapped Minji.

 

“Yikes, calm your girlfriend down, Yoohyeon.”

 

“She isn’t my girlfriend!” the tallest denied, ears burning red. “...yet.”

 

Minji pretended that she didn’t hear that, but her flushed cheeks said otherwise. The two then began to have an intense staring battle.

 

“Just already!” the girl on the ground yelled loudly, pulling Minji back to reality.

 

“Okay! Let’s go, Siyeon!” she pulled the girl up by her ear. “I’m sure Bora would love to put up a fight with you.”

 

“Wait, what?! No! Not her!”


i’ve always wanted to write something like this, so...

let me know what you guys think because i have many MANY school AU drafts