Falling to Earth

A Fallen Angel

Yoongi was alone, an outcast of society. He grew up with no mom and an abusive dad who would come home in a drunken daze. Yoongi felt no need to live, but he knew that he needed to stay alive, so that’s what he did.

 

“Yoongi.” The teacher called from the front of the room. “Pay attention.”

 

Yoongi just ignored him and continued to look out the window, with his earphones in he drowned out his classmates and teacher.

 

Jimin just watched from the room. Jimin was an angel, more specifically Yoongi’s guardian angel. Yoongi wasn’t able to see Jimin, but Jimin was always there. Jimin was there when his father would beat him. When Yoongi would stand on a tall building thinking of ending it. Jimin knew about it all, he could hear the things Yoongi thought of.

 

Jimin would act as one of the “voices inside Yoongi’s head” and tell him ‘no it’s not worth it’ whenever Yoongi would stand on the top of the building. Jimin remembered all of the times Yoongi was happy.

 

Before Yoongi’s mother left him at 13 he was happy all of the time. It was as if, when his mother left, so did the old Yoongi. The happy playful one, the one that would show off his gummy smile whenever he could, but that Yoongi was never around anymore.

 

Yoongi felt hurt, betrayed by everyone, even his own mother. His mother left him to be the beaten by his abusive father. Yoongi never asked to be alive, but he didn’t know why he couldn’t just end it. Yoongi always had something that kept him alive, but little did he know it was Jimin.

 

Jimin loved Yoongi, more than an angel should love a person. It was forbidden for an angel and a human to love each other, but Jimin loved Yoongi. He hated seeing all of the times Yoongi stood at the edge of the buildings, or when his father would lash out on him, Jimin hated it all.

 

There was nothing he could do though. Jimin couldn’t break the one rule all angels were taught, never interact with your human.

 

The consequences would be great, Jimin would become human, but he wouldn’t stay human long. If you ever did try and save your human you would be turned human and only have a year to find love, before you would eventually die.

 

Jimin might know Yoongi’s thoughts but Jimin was unsure if Yoongi could truly love someone. Jimin fought the urge every time he wanted to hold Yoongi close.

 

Yoongi was done with living though. After school Yoongi walked to the building, the same building he would go to every time he thought about jumping off. He went there and walked on the edge.

 

Jimin screamed in Yoongi’s mind ‘Don’t do it! Don’t do it!’

 

Yoongi didn’t listen, he still stood at the edge of the building, looking at the busy city below. Yoongi felt tears fall down his cheek as he thought of all the painful memories.

 

All the times he cried on the floor unable to move. He remembered the scars on his wrist as he would watch the blood go down them.

 

It pained Jimin, he remembered all that Yoongi did. All the times he wished he could help Yoongi, but knew if he did, there would be no turning back.

 

Yoongi hung one of his feet off of the building, standing on one foot. He cried and began to fall forward.

 

Jimin went into a panic, he knew he didn’t want to be assigned to anyone else. He loved Yoongi, he needed him. Without giving to much thought Jimin jumped after Yoongi.

 

Once Jimin made contact with Yoongi he turned human, still having some power of an angel. Jimin opened his eyes to see he had stopped him and Yoongi just before they had hit the ground. Jimin saw Yoongi’s frightened face and the tear stains on his cheeks.

 

Jimin had wished for this, to hold Yoongi. Now all Jimin worried about was if Yoongi would love him back. There was no turning back for Jimin now.