The Past III

Without You

“Oppa, is it true?” Eden asked me, her voice trembling. What the hell is she talking about? I thought.

“Is what true, baby?” I replied. I was totally clueless to what was going on around there.

She handed a magazine to me. On the cover was 2PM. I don’t get it.

“Huh?”

Eden sighed and grabbed the magazine out of my hands. She flipped through some of the pages. Then she handed it to me again.

“U-kiss’s Eli and Wonder Girl’s Yoo Bin is THE new celebrity couple?”

The article started out like this:

“What happened to his girlfriend, Eden? I thought Eli claimed that they were inseparable. Or is he cheating on her with the Wonder Girl’s main rapper, Yoo Bin? Either way, the two rappers were caught holding hands and sharing an ice cream cone. Eli was caught dropping Yoo Bin at her dorm, where they shared a kiss. Not a peck, but a kiss. He even blew a kiss when she walked into the building. Does Eden know that Eli is actually an infamous player? If Eli and Eden are still together, than what will she do? Oh how I pity the foreigner.”

After reading that article I looked up and stared at her.

“Do you believe this?” I asked, giving her an incredulous look.

She shrugged at me, “Should I?”

“If I was with Yoo Bin-sshi, than why would I be here, right now?”

She shrugged again, “Then where did the pictures come from?” Eden got me there. Where did the reporters get the pictures?

“I-I do not know.” There I was, stuttering again. The move we both made next is stupid.

“Well… you don’t know where the pictures came from and you claim that you aren’t cheating on me.”

My anger exploded… I don’t blame her for it though. “What the hell, Eden! You believe this stupid reporter but you don’t believe me? Oh, that’s nice. Eden, we’ve been dating for 6 months, and you don’t trust me one bit?”

“I don’t know who to believe! I have never been put into this situation! NEVER! You probably don’t know this, but you’re MY FIRST LOVE. What do you expect, ELI!?”

That pretty much snapped the heck out of me.

“WELL I’M SORRY! NO ONE INFORMED ME ABOUT BEING YOUR FIRST LOVE. I’M SORRY YOU DON’T BELIEVE ME! I’M GODDAMN SORRY!”

“Don’t say it unless you mean it.” She snapped at me. Why the hell did I scream at her for?

-

We didn’t talk for days. Weeks. She tried calling me, but I was a stupid little bastard and ignored her calls. I stopped replying to her text messages. I was being a total to her.

One day I got a text message from her. “Look, I really want to talk. I’m sorry. Please meet me at the park near your dorm at 6 PM today. PLEASE!”

I didn’t show up. I regret not showing up. She was going to tell me that she still loved me but her dad wanted her to come back home, in San Diego. Eden was going to tell me that she hoped we could maintain a long distance relationship. I didn’t show up. She left, back to San Diego. I AM a stupid bastard. I ruined something beautiful. I’m an idiot.