The Past I

Without You

“AH! It’s U-Kiss!” Our fans were screaming… at each other or at us? Oh well, they were screaming our name.

The seven of us sat down in our seats and we all grinned at our “girlfriends”, which made them scream even more. Everything came to a blur for a second, and before I know it, screaming fans are in line to shake our hand. I smiled at all my girlfriends and shook their hand. We got a lot of the tastiest food ever invented and Dong Ho got new shoes! I’m jealous of that cute little 15-year-old boy. He gets everything!

I was glaring at the youngest when someone my age walked up to me. She smiled at me and greeted me in English, “Hi Eli! My name is Eden.” Honestly, I was taken aback.

“H-hi Eden.” I smiled at her. What else am I supposed to say? She stuck her hand out. I took it. How lame am I? She smiled at me again. We both let go and she went over to Dong Ho, who sat next to me. This is the first time I ever appeared so lame in front of a girl.

“Hello! My name is Eden and I’m your fan.” She said the fluently in Korean. Oh… she’s a Dong Ho fan… of course. Who isn’t his fan these days?

-

“Eli! Why can’t you get over the fact that you appeared lame in front a girl?” Kevin asked me for the fifth time.

I replied for the fifth time, “Because I’m never like that in front of girls!”

“Boy, you love struck!” Alexander hyung waved his hand everywhere. I can never understand this guy.

“How am I love struck?”

“C’mon, no guy ever thinks he appears lame in front of a girl unless that guy is a nerd. Are you a nerd?”

Well… I did go study in China…. “No, I’m not a nerd!”

“So you’re love struck!” He grinned at me.

“I don’t get your reasoning.” I stated.

He looked at me with an offended look, “Well then!” I don’t get this guy one bit and I’ve known him for over three years.

“What are you guys talking about? I hate it when you guys talk in English. IT’S RUDE!” Soo Hyun hyung whined. But then again, I don’t get any of these guys.

Kevin explained to the non-English speaking ones. Ki Bum hyung’s eyes widen. Here we go… 

“Wait? Eden, that girl from America?” Dong Ho asked suddenly interested. I nodded.

“I have her number. Do you want it, hyung?” What!? How did he get her number!?

“How did you get her number?” Ki Seop hyung asked. Dong Ho shrugged casually. That little…!

“She gave it to me.” SAY WHAT NOW? You mean this Eden girl actually gave that little brat her number?!

Alexander hyung grinned widely. “Give it to me. Kevin, go get my phone!” Kevin ran to get that phone. Dong Ho gave hyung the number. Oh Buddha.

Alexander punched in the number and put the phone on speaker. Eden answered the phone in Korean.

“Eden? This is U-kiss’s Alexander. Hi!” Alexander hyung glanced over at me, his eyes dancing with happiness.

“Oh, hi!” Eden’s voice became brighter. Alexander hyung stuck out his tongue out at me.

Alexander hyung continued (in English), “So, are you staying in Korea for a while?

“Yeah, just a few months though. My dad wants me back in California as soon as possible.”

She lived in California too? “Oh, where in California?” Kevin joined in the conversation.

The non-speaking ones look irritated…

“San Diego.” Eden replied. That’s near LA! Alexander hyung glanced at me again, this time with a mischievous grin on his face.

“Hey, Eden. Are you busy on Saturday? U-kiss has that day off. Do you want to hang out with us?”

“Uh, sure, why not?” She replied. What the hell is this? I should’ve never said anything.

“Okay, meet us at Coffee Prince Café at 10AM! Got to go, bye!”

“Okay, bye.”

Alexander hyung hung up.

“Eli, you’re showing up at Coffee Prince Café at 10AM. Dress in your best clothes please.” Alexander hyung announced in Korean.

Oh My Buddha