-3-

hush • baekhyun x chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chanyeol lay awake in bed. He had been awake for a while, just trying to process the events of the last two days. He needed to take Baekhyun with him to Dr Yoo. He pictured that conversation. "Hey Baekhyun. I know we just met. But I have this 'one in 6 billion' condition where my heart doesn't beat. Well it didn't before. But when you're around it does and I need to find out why. So could you come to my Dr with me and try to find out?"

He rolled over and groaned and hid his face under the pillow. At least it was Saturday and he had two days free to mull over his situation. He had to be sure. He had to meet Baekhyun somewhere besides the café.

Chanyeol was happy to wake up alone. Tiffany usually went home to her own apartment when she'd been out with the girls. It was a long expensive taxi ride up the cliff. She had been hinting for months to move in together but something was holding Chanyeol back. He loved her, he really thought he did, or what he considered to be love anyway. He cared for her and enjoyed her company. She was kind and sweet and smart. She worked as a PR executive for her friend's fashion design house and liked to buy a lot of shoes.

 

 

 

He walked into his bathroom and ran the water. He inspected his reflection and thought about Baekhyun. He was everything Chanyeol was not. Baekhyun's face was small and his jawline was both sharp and delicate. His eyes were expressive and almond shaped. His nose was small and his ears were as well. Everything about him screamed beautiful. He was a living, breathing representation of his own eye for aesthetic.

Chanyeol never considered himself good looking. His features all seemed too big for his face. His ears were big and stuck out of the sides of his head. His body was huge, he was tall and broad and his hands and feet were all big. He never felt beautiful.

He groaned at his own critical self reflection and went to get some breakfast. It was a warm morning and he enjoyed the sound of the waves lapping gently at the bottom of the cliff. The tide was high. Later when it was lower Chaneyol decided to descend the steps built down the cliff face and lay on the beach. He was glad Tiffany wasn't here. He decided not to call her today. She hated the beach.

He couldn't get over what Baekhyun said to him about selling out. It was clearly a wound within the man. If his girlfriend wanted him to take a job in her Dad's company then he obviously wasn't making much money off his art. And it was obviously a problem for his girlfriend. Chanyeol wondered if he was still struggling to make a living would Tiffany still be with him?

Chanyeol remembered the early days, making songs, spending weeks on them and being paid a pittance, the work and reward so unbalanced. He suddenly felt a pang o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter