-7-

hush • baekhyun x chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol left his meeting with a good feeling. He had just met with an independent rapper who was writing his first album and wanted to co-produce with Chanyeol. Chanyeol had been sceptical but after meeting with the guy he decided he would say yes to co-producing two tracks. He got in his car and headed for Minseok's cafe. He had made arrangements with Baekhyun to meet there before they went to the hospital for the heart clinic appointment.

He was early and walked up to the counter to order. Minseok grinned at him as he looked around seeing how busy the cafe was. "Thanks for the free advertising." He pushed two huge takeaway cups towards him. "Two extra large hazelnut lattes. On the house." Chanyeol took them. "But why two?" he asked and Minseok's eyes flicked behind him. He turned around slowly and deliberately just in time to see Baekhyun walk in. He was wearing ripped black jeans, his scuffed black boots, and a black oversized v neck tshirt. He was also wearing a black choker and a fine line of eyeliner around each eye. Chanyol in a deep breath. He looked like a model. A teeny tiny pocket-sized model.

Thump thump. Thump thump. Thump thump.

Baekhyun looked past Chanyeol at a grinning Minseok behind the counter as he took the coffee from Chanyeol's hand. "My favorited. How did you know?" Chanyeol said. "I didn't until now. My favorite as well." They smiled at each other and Baekhyun suggested they go out to the park.

 

 

It was a beautiful day. The branches were bare but the sakura had dropped making a pink carpet on the grass and Baekhyun couldn't resist it. He handed his coffee to Chanyeol and laid on the ground. He grabbed a handful of petals and tossed them in the air and as they drifted down around his face and Chanyeol felt a strange stirring inside. More than his beating heart. It was lower and deeper than his chest. Baekhyun just looked so beautiful, so joyful, so alive. He was also such a child, living with freedom and without heavy responsibilities. He just looked so happy that Chanyeol grabbed his phone and snapped a picture. He couldn’t resist.

They drank their coffees as they walked to the hospital. They entered and Chanyeol walked the path he had walked a million times before. The elevator took them slowly up to the heart clinic and they went straight in to the examination room. Chanyeol became visibly nervous as they waited and Baekhyun instinctively moved closer to him. He held him by the arm and it slowly. "It'll be fine. Everything will be fine."

 

Chanyeol swallowed thickly. He wished Baekhyun would stop touching him. Or touch him more. He couldn't work out which one was the right answer. Before he could think any more about it Dr Yoo walked in. "Hi Chanyeol,” he said. "Hi Dr Yoo. This is Baekhyun." Baekhyun let go of Chanyeol's arm and shook the Doctor's hand. Chanyeol lifted his shirt off over his head and climbed up onto the examination bed.

Dr Yoo put his stethoscope onto Chanyeol’s chest and stared at him with wide unbelieving eyes. "I told you," Chanyeol hissed, half annoyed, half triumphant.

 

 

Thump thump. Thump thump. Thump thump.

Chanyeol's heart was beating.

 

 

Dr Yoo quickly hooked h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter