-14-

hush • baekhyun x chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol fussed around in the kitchen, finding the things he needed, distracted by the sight of Baekhyun out on the deck. The sun was setting on a beautiful Sunday afternoon and they had been luxuriating in each other's constant company for over 24 hours.

He had experienced the magic of his first night’s sleep with Baekhyun's tiny body curled against his and his heart pounding away in the darkness. He woke up feeling more alive than ever. They had swum at the beach, drank coffee on the deck, and now Chanyeol was cooking while Baekhyun was immortalising the sunset on a panoramic canvas.

Chanyeol was more interested in watching Baekhyun paint than chopping the vegetables in front of him. He was amazed at the talent that poured out of him. He thought sadly about all the things he remembered Baekhyun saying about himself. And the things others had said about him.

"My girlfriend wants me to quit and take a job at her Dad's company."

"I'm not special. I'm a up. And a disaster."

"I'm such a loser."

"Jessica always went on about what a loser he was. With his art which never paid the bills, sitting home in his tiny crappy apartment eating cup noodles, working in his friend's coffee shop for free."

Did he really believe all those things that had been said to him and about him? It hurt Chanyeol's heart, still taking its baby steps inside his chest, when he thought about people saying those things. He would tell him a million times how amazing he was, if that's what it took, to make this man see who he truly was.

Baekhyun turned around and squinted towards the sunset. When he caught Chanyeol watching he turned to wave, his elbow catching the edge of the canvas, almost sending two hours of work crashing to the ground. He smiled shyly as he just saved it and put it back upright on the bar stool he was using as an improvised easel.

Definitely special. Chanyeol thought as he laughed quietly to himself. Definitely not a up. Kind of a disaster.

Baekhyun was intent on getting the light just right and the sun was fading fast. He furrowed his brow in deep concentration. He didn't hear Chanyeol sneak out onto the deck behind him, he didn't hear the barely audible snap of Chanyeol's phone, he didn't hear the footsteps behind him. He did, however, feel the warmth of Chanyeol's embrace as strong arms wrapped around his whole body. He turned his body to face Chanyeol as the taller smiled down at him. "Your painting is beautiful,” Chanyeol said quietly. "You're beautiful,” Baekhyun mumbled into his chest. He had managed to finish his work just as the last light was fading. He turned his face up to see Chanyeol, who was staring out at the horizon, a small smile playing across his lips. Baekhyun's head was pressed tight against his chest where he was witness to the situatio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter