Part 5

Untitled

Ouch, my head keeps spinning. I think I was drinking too much last night.

I staggered towards the kitchen, and I accidentally bumped into Jongin.

“Yaa!!” he yelled.

“Sorry…” I said as I walked away from him.

He suddenly grabbed my wrist. “Who drove you home last night? I saw you from afar. You didn’t ride a cab”.

“Are you spying on me? It’s not your business….” I said while trying to release my wrist.

“Of course, that’s my business. Just in case you forget, I’m still your husband.

"Wow, I’m impressed you still address yourself as my husband,” I sneered.

He released his grip on my wrist.

“I don’t care if you want to go out with some random guys, but you have to be careful not to get caught.”

“Why should I? I think you are the one who should be careful so you don't get caught having an affair.”

Jongin looked triggered by my words, and he slapped me right away.

“Eomma….” Soobin runs to me while crying.

“Soobin-ah….” I was panicked because my daughter suddenly ran to me while crying. I hope she doesn't see what just happened.

“Appa, why you did that to Eomma?” she cried.

“Don’t worry, sweetheart, I’m okay….” I patted her back.

“She’s not Soobinnie Appa… I hate him,” she bawls.

My heart broke when she cried like this, and that makes me cry as well.

“Jongin-ah, what happened?” Ha, Rin came out of her room when she heard Soobin's cry.

“Oh, nothing… Let’s have breakfast outside. I feel suffocated here…” Jongin left us without glancing back. I sighed, then carried Soobin and took her back to our room.

 

(Soobin’s Room)

I seated my daughter on her bed and wiped her tears.

“Don’t cry, sweetheart….”

“Eomma, I’m scared….” I smiled and kissed her cheek.

“Don't worry about me, okay? Look, eomma doesn’t cry. That means I’m okay….” I said, trying to convince her that I was okay. She nodded and hugged me with her tiny arms.

"I love you, eomma..." she patted my back gently.

“I love you too sweetheart, shall we go to get some fresh air tonight?”

Yes, pleaseeeee.She’s getting excited.

“Call! Let’s have a party tonight….”

“Eomma, you are the best!!!”

We both laughed and were excited to plan what we were going to do tonight.

 

Meanwhile, Jongin and Ha Rin had their breakfast at the nearby coffee shop.

“Babe, are you okay?” Ha Rin realized that Jongin hadn't touched his breakfast.

"Oh yeah, I'm fine... “He starts to dig his food.

"May I ask you what was happened earlier? I mean, why you and...."

"Ha Rin-ah, let's not talk about that...."

"Oh, okay, sorry...."

"Did you finish? I need to go to work..."

"Huh, but today is Saturday, and you promised me we will have a date tonight."

"Hmm, I know... But I have something to do. I will pick you up around 7.00 PM."

"Fine...” she looks disappointed, but Jongin seemed does not to care at all.

 

Hyenji PoV

I stared at my phone, hesitant to reply to Kyuhyun’s message or not, but then I heard someone ring the doorbell.

“Eomma, someone coming….” Soobin said.

“Hmm… you stay here, okay.”

I checked the intercom, and my eyes widened when I saw my mother-in-law on the monitor. What should I do? What if he finds out about Ha Rin?

I could not make her wait too long, or she would get suspicious, so I decided to open the door.

“Hyenji-ah… Why took you so long to open the door?” she nagged.

“I’m so sorry, eommonie, I was playing with Soobin in her room.”

“Ahh~ I see… Where is your husband?”

“Oh, he went outside for a while…Eommonie, please have a seat. I will tell Soobin that you would like to see her….”

“Hmm… Okay,” Jongin's mom said and sat on the couch while I rushed to Soobin's room.

“Who’s coming, eomma?”

“Halmonie, she’s waiting for you in the living room….”

“Assaa..!! Eomma, may I ask halmonie to play with me?”

“You better ask her by yourself, okay?”

She nodded and hurried to meet his grandmother in the living room. I sighed and called Jongin right away to let him know that his mother was visiting us.

“Why?” he answered my phone with an unfriendly tone.

“Eommonie is here….” I said, straight to the point.

“What?! Why she didn't tell us before that?”

“If she did, I wouldn’t call you either….”

“Hmm… Okay, I will take care of it. Stay with my mom until I come back.”

“Okay…” I do as I told.

 

Jongin pulled the car aside, and that made Ha Rin confused.

“Why? What happened?”

“Ha Rin-ah, sorry, but I think we cannot go home right now. My mom suddenly came to my house. Hyenji just told me.”

“Then what shall we do?”

“We will have a date tonight. Buy some new clothes for our date, and you can go with your friends if you want to,” I said as I gave her my credit card.

“Really?” she looks excited.

“Hmm…. Where shall I drop you off?”

“Just drop me at the next bus stop, my friend's house just around the corner. I will ask her to pick me up."

“I see…”

 

Back home, I was wondering why my mother had to come without telling me beforehand. Let's solve another problem at home Kim Jongin!

I said to myself.

 

Meanwhile, in their house, Jongin’s mom is waiting for her son.

“Hyenji-ah, where did your husband go? Why hasn't he arrived yet?”

At that time, I heard someone input the password. I sighed in relief as I knew it must be Jongin.

“Eomma~~” he hugged his mom.

“Aigoo, my son… Where have you been?”

“Test drive, my car had some problems yesterday, so I drive around the neighborhood to checking on it.”

“So, everything’s good, right?” She glared at Jongin.

“Yup! Eomma, shall we have breakfast together?”

“No need, I just stopped by for a moment. It’s been a while since I came to this house.”

“Nothing changes, right, mom?”

“I think there are some changes, your wife. She’s become quieter.”

“Anieyo eommonie… I always like this” Hyenji suddenly appeared while handed a cup of tea to my mom.

“Thank you… Hyenji-ah, may I talk with your husband for a while?”

“Oh, sure… Soobin-ah, you haven't made your bed yet, have you? Let's tidy up first, and then we will play again with Halmonie.”

“Ne eomma~ Halmonie, I’ll be right back.”

“Hmm… halmonie will wait for you here.”

“Eomma, come on….”

“Come on, Soobin-ah… I’m in Soobin’s room,” I said to Jongin.

He nods.

“Jongin-ah… I want you to tell me the truth. Are you having an affair?”

“What? Why do you suddenly ask that silly question?”

“Jongin-ah, Last night, after that event, you didn't go home together. I saw her walking alone with Soobin in her arms. Where were you at that time?”

“Eomma, I told you… I had a problem with my car yesterday, and I asked her to take a cab because it is safer for them.”

“Is that true?”

“Of course… Why should I ask Hyenji to take a cab if there’s no problem with my car?”

My mother sighed and sipped her tea.

“Alright, I trust you… But someday, if I heard some weird rumors about you, I won’t forgive you for the rest of my life.”

“Eommaa~~~.”

“Just promise me you won’t do that….”

“……”

“Jongin-ah, answer me.”

“Arraseo eomma, I won’t.”

“Okay then, I will take your words… I need to go now. Your father will be angry if he finds out I visit his son without telling him and be good to Hyenji. She’s a good wife. You shouldn’t hurt her.”

“Arraseo Eomma… Arraseo”

“You better call them. I want to kiss my granddaughter before I leave.”

I nodded and rushed upstairs to call Hyenji and Soobin.

“Eommonie, you should stay for breakfast with us,” Hyenji said as she hugged my mom.

“Maybe someday. We should invite your parents too, right?” My mom glared at me.

“Of course… We can invite your parents too. It will be a blast,” I said.

“Soobin-ah, Halmonie will go home. Be good to your mom, okay?”

“Ne halmonie… I will miss you.”

“Aigoo… let me hug you once again.”

“Take care, eommonie….”

“Hmm, you too Hyenji-ah…”

“Let’s go, eomma I will accompany you to the car….”

“Thank you, son….”

“I’ll be back….” Jongin said.

“Hmmm….”

What a hectic weekend. I never expected my mother-in-law visited us suddenly, just like today.

“Soobin-ah, you should have your breakfast….”

“Eomma, may I eat in my room?”

“Okay, I will bring it to your room once it is ready, sweetheart.”

“Yeah, thank you, eomma~.”

“You’re welcome.”

 

Ha Rin PoV.

“Don’t you think his mother will found out about this affair?” I ask Yu Ri.

“It depends on your luck….”

“Ya!! I’m serious….”

“Who said I’m not?! Yaa, don’t you feel sorry for her?”

“Who? His mother?”

“His wife, pabo! If someone spilled about you and Jongin, then the public knows about your affair, Jongin will leave you for sure because he will stay with his wife for the sake of his inheritance.”

“That won’t happen. She is not that kind of person… She won’t tell anyone about Jongin and me, or if he did that, it means she ruin her daughter happiness”.

“How about his sister? You said you’ve met her?”

“His sister knew that we are getting back together, but she doesn’t know that I move to Jongin’s house, so I can tell that I am safe for now….”

“Hahaha, you’re an evil….”

“An evil that can give you that branded stuff,” I chuckled.

 

Hmm, Yuri is right. How if his mother found out about Jongin and me. Is he going to leave me? But he didn’t love her, so I shouldn’t be doubtful about it, he is the one who asked me to live with him, right?

 

Jongin PoV.

“Hyenji-ah, we need to talk….” I knock on her room. She’s open the door, and wow, she looks pretty.

“Oh, Mmm… Are you going somewhere?”

“Why? Can’t I? You also want to go out, right?”

“Yeah, don’t wait for me… I’ll come back late.”

“Sorry, but I think I wouldn’t go home tonight.”

“What?! Where are you going?

“Don’t mind us. You can enjoy your weekend with Ha Rin” she ignores me and is about to close the door, but I block up.

“You cannot be like this?” I said.

“What do you mean I cannot be like this?” she sounds irritated.

“Eomma saw you on the street last night, and she scolded me.”

“It’s not my business…” she said, and suddenly her phone ringing.

“Oh Kyuhyun-ah, give me five minutes….”

I widened my eyes and boiled inside when she mentioned another man’s name in front of me.

“Don't worry, I won't do something that might be jeopardizing your reputation,” she said as she left me behind.

 

It's weird. Hyenji never acted like this. I mean being bold with me, and who is Kyuhyun? Why they're so close? Is she cheating on me? But why did I feel boiled inside my heart when she said his name? Am I Jealous? No, I don't think so. I didn't love her anyway.

 

Hyenji PoV

My heart raced when I left him behind. I was never that bold to him, it might surprise him, but somehow I feel relief.

“Eomma, are we not going home tonight?” Soobin question snapped my messy thought.

“Maybe, why? You don’t like it?”

“Hmm... I like it” she smiled.

“Let’s have fun, baby….”

“Yiieeyyy…”

“Eomma, but where are we going?”

“Oh, we will have dinner with Kyuhyun samchon”

“Kyuhyun samchon? Eomma chingu?”

“Hmm, you are right….”

"Okay then...."

It was my first time going out only with Soobin, and we had a great time with Kyuhyun. After having dinner, we go to the Han River to get some fresh air.

“Soobin-ah, shall we buy a dessert?”

“Mmm, ice cream?!! Eomma, May I? Pleaseeeee~~~” she blinked her eyes.

“Of course, don’t buy anything except ice cream, okay….”

“Ne eomma~ Samchon come on…”

“Are you sure you don't want to come with us?”

“Hmm… It’s okay.”

“You want ice cream or something else?”

“Coffee would be better.”

“Okay, mam…”

I chuckled when I saw them walking hand in hand. Jongin never took us to go out like this, except work or family-related. I sighed and checked my phone, no message from him. I shrugged and shoved my phone back into my coat.

 

Jongin PoV

I usually enjoy going out with Ha Rin, but tonight it

feels different. My head cannot stop thinking about Hyenji and that guy.

“Babe, what happened? Are you okay?”

“Ohm, sure… I’m okay.”

“Really? But your face said no….”

I laughed softly and squeezed her hand. “I’m okay, don’t worry.”

She nodded, and back to the dance floor, I took out my phone and sent a message to Hyenji.

  

Where are you? Are you sure you're not going home tonight?

 

But my text is unread. Shall I call my wife…? Where is she going?! Why she left me unread?! Am I too harsh with her? Whatever, I’m sure she would go home. It was not in her nature to make others worry.

 

 

Han Gang River.

"It's so nice being here in this hour," I said to Kyuhyun.

"I know, but I think we should go home. Your daughter was fall asleep."

I chuckled.

"Why did you chuckle?"

"Yeah, it's funny… I told Soobin that we won't be going home tonight."

"Huh? Why don't you want to go home? Isn't your husband will…." Kyuhyun suddenly cut his words.

"Will what?"

"No, it's okay. Forget it…"

"Too late, I'm curious already…."

"Hyenji-ah, did your husband know that we are going out tonight?"

"He knows… I told him I'm going out with you."

"And he is okay with that?"

"Yeah, sure… Why? Is there something wrong if I want to hang out with my friend?"

"No, of course not, I mean…."

"I will introduce you to him later. I know what you worried for Kyu."

"I'm sorry. I don't want other people to think badly of you."

"It's okay. Thank you for being thoughtful."

"So, shall we go home?"

"Sure…."

 

Kyuhyun smiled and carrying Soobin in his arms. Cho Kyuhyun always put the others first rather than himself. I'm sure whoever marries him, she's so lucky. I never regret married my husband, but somehow I imagined my life if I didn't agree to that arranged marriage.

 

"Thanks for the ride Kyu."

"My pleasure, thank you for spent your Saturday night with me."

"I'm the one who should say that thank you for the dinner, ice cream, coffee, and the most important is thank you for carrying Soobin. I hope your back was okay."

"Hahaha… Glad that you're enjoying it."

"Take care, drive safely…."

"I will. Let me help to unbuckled Soobin's seatbelt."

I nodded, and at that time, someone called my name.

"Hyenji-ssi…"

I turned my head, and my heart almost dropped when I saw who was standing across the street and slowly approaching me.

"Do you know him?" Kyuhyun ask.

"Soobin's Appa," I said.

"And the woman, who is she?"

I haven't had time to answer Kyuhyun's question because Jongin is suddenly standing in front of us.

 

Jongin PoV

I wondered whose car stopped at the end of the road, and I was even more surprised when I saw who got out of there.

"Hyenji-ssi…" I called her name, and when she saw me, she looked startled. I rushed over to the two of them.

"Babe, where are you going?" Ha Rin called me, but I ignored her.

"Ya, Lee Hyenji! So you didn't reply to my messages because you were with him?" I raised my voice.

"Would you please lower your voice? You can wake up all the neighbors," she said.

"You shouldn't talk to her like that; I'm the one who's asking her to go out with me so, you can blame me, not her. Anyway, I am Kyuhyun," said a guy who's standing beside Hyenji.

"Oh, so you are Kyuhyun. Listen, I have the right to speak to her like that because she's my wife."

"I know, and I know the boundaries. We are just college buddies who reunite, so you don't need to overreact like this or, are you afraid that your wife might fall in love with me?" said Kyuhyun.

"What, how dare you...." I couldn't finish my words because I saw Hyenji suddenly grab that guy's hand as she was telling him to stop.

"That's enough, Kyu, please take Soobin out of the car," she said to that guy.

Without I realized I pulled her gently to my side and kept her stay behind my back.

"Soobin still in his car, she falls asleep…" she said.

I took my daughter from his arms and took Hyenji's hand, then about to rush into the house. But suddenly, Hyenji let go of his hand from mine.

"I can walk by myself. You better go inside. I don't want Soobin to catch a cold. Besides, I had to say goodbye and at least thank him for driving me home safely. May I?"

I sighed and nodded.

 

Hyenji PoV.

I walked back towards Kyuhyun, who was still standing there.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yes, I am. Kyu, I'm sorry about him. I mean, he shouldn't blame you for this"

Kyuhyun suddenly held my hand and squeezed it gently.

"It's alright, don't mind me. I'm okay if you are okay."

"You haven't answered my question."

"Which question?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Who is she? The woman who came out with him from the car and he also entered your house?"

I had been taken aback by his question.

"Just pretend you've never seen this happen, and once again, thank you" I slowly pulled my hand from his.

"You know where you should come if something happens to you and Soobin, right?"

I nodded.

"Alright, I'll go home first, okay."

"Take care, Kyu."

He smiled and waved goodbye to me.

 

Kyuhyun PoV.

I know there is something wrong with their marriage, but one thing still lingers in my head. Who's that woman? Don't tell me he is... No, I hope what I thought was wrong.

He shouldn't have done that. He could lose everything if that happened, and I won't stay silent even though I know it means I'm overstepping my bounds for interfering.