Part 4

Untitled

It’s been a week since I brought her home, Yoon Ha Rin my girlfriend. Sounds crazy but I don’t have any choice and my wife seems okay with that. She got angry and asked for a divorce at first but I think she used to it for now.

“So you really brought her home?” asked Jongdae hyung.

“Hu’um… Hyenji seems fine with that, she never complaint. Well, she did asked for a divorce once”

“She said that?”

“Yeah, but only once…”

Jongdae hyung looks so pissed with my answer, but he holds back his emotions.

“Did anyone know about this? Kim Joonmyeon?”

“Nope, I didn’t tell him yet… His wife is so close to Hyenji, she might provoke Hyenji to leave me when she heard I brought another woman to live with”

“So that means you don’t want to lose her right?”

“Who? Lee Hyenji?”

Jongdae hyung nods.

“Eiisshhh… No Hyung, it’s not like that”

“Hey man…. Come on, your eyes cannot lie. You might say you didn’t love her, but your eyes said you DID love her. You just don’t want to admit it”

“……” I remain silent.

“Jongin-ah, it's your choice with whom you want to spend your life. I don’t want to say Hyenji is better than Ha Rin or vice versa, you are the one who can decide. Listen to your heart and don’t let your ego to lead you. Just because she never mad at you it doesn't mean she was fine. I’m sure she really wants to leave you but for the sake of your daughter, your reputation, and the Kim’s she choose to chose to put aside her feelings”

“Aiisshhh this makes me frustrated…”

“Then why you’ve had to bring her home… Just meet her outside like what you did before”

“Should I…?”

“Just remember what I’ve said today, just because she never mad at you it doesn't mean she was fine. I’m sure you know how to handle this, think clearly and wisely”

“Shall we have a beer now?”

“Yaa!!! I just told you to think clearly and now you asking for a beer…”

“You don’t want it, so how about soju?” I .

“I’m done…. I need to go. Don’t forget, think clearly... ” said Jongdae hyung as he bid goodbye.

“I know hyung… I know” I said as I laughed.

Jongdae hyung said I should think clearly and wisely, as if that’s an easy one. If it’s that easy I won’t be got a headache like now.

 

Hyenji PoV

“Eomma, that Ahjumma… When will she leave our house?”

“Hmm.. I don’t know sweetheart, why? Did you feel uncomfortable with her?”

“Ne~ I don’t like her, she looks so…. Eeewwww”

“Kim Soobin, be good… Eomma never taught you bad mouthing someone behind her back right?”

 “But eomma….” Soobin frowned.

“Soobin-ah, shall we go to your halmonie home?” I quickly change the topic.

“Really? I would love to eomma…”

“Okay… let’s make a call to halmonie and haraboji”

“Nooo…… let’s give them a surprise” she said.

“Okay then… “ I said as I smiled at her.

A week and she still live with us. There are no sign from Jongin to fix this situation or maybe he doesn’t have any intend to fix it? Well, I don’t know...

 

Arrived at Jongin’s parents

*Door open*

“Halmonieeeee…..!!!” Soobin run to her.

"Kim Soobin… My little baby” she hugged Soobin and showering her with kisses all over her face.

“Oh, Hyenji-ah.. How are you Dear?"

"I’m fine eommonie… How about you and abonim (father-in-law)?”

"We are doing great...Let’s come in”

I nodded as I closed the door and following her.

“Look at her, she’s a big girl already… Don’t you have planning to give her a sibling?”

“Oh… Umm, we haven’t talk about that… I mean not yet”

“I should talk to him about this, a grandson would be great” she teased me.

“I don’t think so he is ready for that…” I said.

“Oh really? Maybe because he is too busy with his work…”

“…..…” I remain silent.

What a great conversation with my mother-in-law, a grandson? I almost got choked when she brought that topic. If they knew what really happened, they would be disappointed with his beloved son.

 

Jongin PoV

Today’s schedule was so packed and I’m too tired. I check my mobile phone and there is one missed call from my mom, so I call her back.

“Ne eomma, sorry I missed your call, just finished my schedule” I said as I rest my back and massaging my temple.

“I know you’re busy, that’s ok. Jongin-ah, you will join us for dinner right?”

“Why? Is there any special event? I’m so tired eomma” I whined.

“Aigoo… You don't know your wife visited your parents' house today?”

“Eh, I don’t think she’s…. Ok eomma, I’ll be there in 30 minutes”

“Ok, drive safely Jongin-ah…”

Why she doesn’t tell me that she would visit my parents' house? Did she tell my mom about Ha Rin? Geezz… It’s driving me crazy. I mumbling as I speed up my car. That night, I ended up having dinner at my parent's house while picking up Hyenji and Soobin. The dinner went well, until my mother asked a question that made me speechless. 

“Jongin-ah, Isn't this the right time for you to give sibling for Soobin?” said my mom.

I widened my eyes and chocked because that sudden question.

“Eomma, what do you mean?” I said as I grab my glass then glance to Hyenji.

 “Yeobo, don't you think you interfere too much? That is their personal live, as their parents we should respect them”.

“I don’t think I interfere too much, right Hyenji? I’m just asking… I mean that isn’t a bad idea after all” my mom said.

“Eomma, I’m full and I’m so sleepy let’s go home” Soobin suddenly whined to Hyenji.

Soobin's whimper ended my mother's silly question and I still cannot understand why my mom suddenly had that idea.

 

Hyenji PoV.

“Eomma, I’m full and I’m so sleepy let’s go home”

We are all saved by Soobin’s whined. I can tell by Jongin’s face that he’s really shocked by that question and of course feel annoyed. 

On the way back home as usual we remain silent. I took a glance to his mobile phone because it keeps blinking.

“You should pick up that call… She must be worried” I said.

Without answering my question, he flip-over his phone so I cannot see that it's blinking.

I sighed softly and turned my gaze out the window.

 

Arrived at home. 

When I opened the door, Ha Rin was standing in front of the door waiting for Jongin.

“Jongin-ah, why didn't you pick up my phone?”

“Can’t you see I’m carrying my daughter? Move aside Miss, you're blocking my way” I said firmly.

“You shouldn’t stand over there….”Jongin said.

“It because I’m waiting you….”

“Let’s sleep… Aren’t you tired for waiting me?”

“Hmm… Next time, when you have to go to your parents’ house let me know in advance”

“Arraseo~” Then, those two went to their room not knowing Hyenji hears all their conversation from Soobin's room.

Since that woman came to this house, insomnia has been my middle name. I glanced to my daughter and smiled feel relief because today she got what she wants, visiting her grandmother's house. After I took a bath, I decide to have a beer to help me fall asleep.

The next morning, at Dining room as usual Jongin and Ha Rin are having breakfast together. I pretend like I didn’t see them, and just walk away to get my car key.

"Eomma my lunchbox?" Soobin pull my dress gently.

"Huh?" I glance to Soobin left hand and she's not holding her lunch box.

"You forgot her lunch box.." Jongin suddenly showed up and handed me the lunch box.

"Oh, thanks.." I smiled.

"I forget to tell you, this Friday there is company event. You guys should come with me"

"You can come with Ha Rin , I don't mind" I said.

"I can't, our parents will be there"

"Fine, I have no choice then… Let’s go sweetheart, we almost late” I said to Soobin.

"Bye Appa.." Soobin wave to her appa.

 

Friday night, another company event that makes me feel fed up.  Honestly I really hate when I should accompany him for an event like this is, because it's so tiring to act like we are happy and perfect family in front of so many people, and it hurt me even more.

Around 10.00 PM the event was finished and Soobin was fall asleep in my arms.  

After say goodbye with my parents and my in-laws, Jongin still need to some of VIP Guest so I’m waiting him in lobby as I watching him from afar. Tonight he is really handsome wearing those black suits but his face somehow looks annoyed.

While we are waiting our car, I try to make a conversation with him.          

"Congratulations for your new branch" I said.

"Thanks.." he said but his gaze locked to his cell phone and frowned.

I smiled knowing he just read an unpleasant text.

"You can go..." I said.

"Huh?" he stare at me, blankly.

"You can go, I will ride a cab" I said.

"But you.... " he paused and mess his hair.

"I'm okay... Just go or it might be getting worse" I said.

"Okay" he nodded, before he get into his car he take off his suit and put it on Soobin.

"Thank you" I said.

“I go first…” he bid goodbye.

“Hmm.. take care”.

His car slowly disappeared from my sight, my heart clenched wondering why he can just leave like that without worrying about his wife and her daughter meanwhile it’s almost midnight. After all I’m the one who asked him to leave so it’s not his fault.

"Let's take a walk for awhile sweetheart... Eomma need some fresh air" I whispered to Soobin who’s already slept in my arms.  

I never thought I will walking in a maxi dress while carrying Soobin like this. At that moment, there is a car suddenly stopped and greet me.

“Hyenji-ssi” someone called my name.

I took a glance through the car window.

“Cho Kyuhyun?! Kyuhyun-ssi” I recognized the owner of the car.

The owners get off from his car and approaching me.

“Hyenji-ssi why are you here at this hour? Waiting a cab?”

“Yeah, kind of”

“It almost midnight, let me drive you home”

“Thank you but….”

“It’s getting cold, she might catch a cold and I’m not a bad guy” 

He is right, I don’t want Soobin catch a cold because of me.

“Are you really okay?” I said.

“Sure… let me open the door” he said as he helped me.

I put soobin in the backseat and buckled up her seatbelt.

Cho Kyuhyun, he never changes. We really close when we were in college. I’m not sure back then he falls for me or not because he never told me that he likes me or something like that, and until our graduation day he never show up again. Later I know, he was moved to Japan following his father who has worked as diplomat.

 “It’s been a while since I saw you” he breaks the silent.

“You right, when were you come back to Korea?”

“Recently, I set up my business in Japan then I open another branch in Seoul”

“Sounds great… Congratulations”

“How about you? Why you don’t invite me to your wedding?”

“At that time I don’t know whether you are still alive or not…” I .

He laughed.

“She’s your daughter right? She’s just looks like you, so pretty”

“Thank you…” I smiled as I glance to him.

 

Along the way to my house, we reminisce about our college days. We also exchanged our phone number for reunion purpose.

“That’s my house… I mean my husband’s house”

 “It seems your husband has a good job, looking from his house”

“It’s not like you’re thinking of… Anyway, thank you for the ride Mr. Cho”

He smiled and nods.

 “Take care, drive safely…” I said to him.

“Hmm… You go first” he said.

I smiled and waved at him.

That night, after I put my daughter on her bed I take a bubble bath and trying to not thinking about Kyuhyun who suddenly show up again in my life. When I’m about to charging my phone, new message showed up.

1 New Message!

“If I were him, I wouldn’t let you to ride a cab in this hour. Thank you for still remember me, hope you have a good night” – Cho Kyuhyun.

Oh God, I think I need more beer to keep me sane...T_T