Chapter 13: Finale

SAVE ME : A BTS FANFIC [JIMIN X OC]

CHAPTER 13: FINALE

SAVE ME

 

- F L A S H B A C K -

THE ACCIDENT

*Third Person’s Point of View*

 


 

“Kampai!” Taehyung shouted at the top of his lungs as he raised his shot glass. Yoon Gi was already sleeping at the corner with drool on his face. The only people left sober was Jia, Namjoon, and Jin—but Jin’s nowhere to be found. Taehyung’s drunk as fck but he’s still doing shots. Ho Seok’s puking at the bathroom—again. Jungkook on the other hand was letting strangers do body shots on him—he’s underaged! wasted 

 

 

 

“Jia, my best friend Moon Jia!” Taehyung wrapped an arm around Jia as he tried to plant sloppy kisses on her cheek, but before he could Namjoon stopped him and made him sit inches away from her. Namjoon forcibly made Taehyung chug down a water bottle. 

 

 

“Aish—I’m never letting these kids drink again—Especially this ” Namjoon said in exasperation as Jia gave him a slight nod before looking back at her phone. She received a text from Jimin that he’s on his way— though Jia wondered what’s taking him so long. They won’t be staying in here any longer. 

 

 

“I’ll go look for Jin oppa, we should start rounding up the guys. My curfew’s almost up. Mom will kill me if I’m not home by midnight.” Namjoon nodded at her direction. They’re currently at the VIP section of some downtown bar that they often frequent too. It was Jin’s idea, he’s the one who introduced them to the owner—according to Jin, the owner/mistress’s daughter used to have this huge crush on him, hence they’d let him in despite the fact that he’s underage. 

 

 

Jia clicked her heels as she checked the other VIP areas—but Jin wasn’t there. She then scanned the dancefloor next but there was still no sight of Jin. Jia took her phone out and looked at Jimin’s message. She sighed momentarily as she placed the phone at her back pocket.  She decided that she’s going to check the parking lot.  

 

 

When she got out of the bar, she immediately spotted Jin’s Range Rover Sport in Firenze red—Jin was leaning at the back as he smoked with 2 other hooligan looking guys. Jia cleared as she made her way to them. Jin noticed her presence. Annoyance grew in Jin’s face as he took a wad of cash out of his pocket and gave it to one of the guys. He signaled them to leave as he put the smoke out. Jia suspicion grew as she reached him.

 

 

“What was that?” Jia asked with confusion in her eyes. 

 

 

“I just owe them some cash” Jin retaliated as he placed an arm around Jia. His index finger got a little too close to Jia’s nose and that’s when Jia noticed that something is really off with Jin. His usual smile isn’t present at that moment and his eyes were bloodshot. Jia sneaked a sniff at Jin’s finger that’s hovering close to her nose—it smells different.

 

 

“Are you high?” Jia said as she swatted off his arm. Jia distance herself away from Jin with accusation written all over her face. Jin placed his hands to his side pockets as he cursed under his breaths while avoiding Jia’s gaze. 

 

 

“Answer me, are you high?” Jia croaked. 

 

 

“I’m not high Jia. Calm the fuc down. I already told you, I owed those guys money and if you’re not going to believe me then I suggest you find another ride home.” Jin said as he walked passed her. Jia scoffed in disbelief as she watched him walk away. To prove her accusations of him, she crouched down and took the residue of what he was smoking earlier—and it’s clearly not cigar. She quickly dropped it and when she got up, she saw that the boys were out. Namjoon was assisting Taehyung with his arm draped around him while Jin carried Yoon Gi like a bride. They all made their way to the rover. 

 

 

Jin placed Yoon Gi at the backseat, then Jungkook followed. Jungkook groaned as he settled at the backseat. Jin eyed Jia as if he was waiting for her to get in. Jia’s having second thoughts—after what she saw earlier, she thinks that hitching a ride with Jin isn’t the best possible idea. Jimin’s face flashed in her head—she thought that maybe she could hitch a ride home with Jimin instead. Though before she was finally able to decide Namjoon spoke. 

 

 

“Your mom already called me, she said she’d be picking you up soon” Jia hesitated as she glanced to Namjoon and Namjoon gave her a weak smile as he urged Jia to get going. Jia clutched her hand as her eyes deadpanned to Jin—who still looked offended from her accusation from earlier. Jia went inside the rover and sat beside Jungkook. Taehyung and Ho Seok settled on the middle as Namjoon claimed the shotgun seat. Jin, of course, was their designated driver. Jia met Jin’s eye through the mirror. Jin cut their gaze off as he finally turns the ignition and drove off. 

 

 

The moment they hit the road, Jia felt a knot forming in her stomach… Her intuition keeps on telling her that something bad is about to happen. Jia waved the idea off and hoped that my intuition is wrong this time. Just then, she felt Jungkook’s hand on her bare thigh. He then leaned forward and lunged at Jia. Jia then pushed him with all her might but he still won’t stop coming at her. “You’re drunk!” Jia shouted in protest, but Jungkook didn’t stop.

 

 

“I miss you Jia,” Jungkook said as he insisted himself on her. Namjoon noticed that there was a commotion at the backseat so he peered at the dashboard—but it was too dark for him to see what was really happening, so instead, he asks. 

 

 

“What’s happening back there, Jia are you okay?” Namjoon said as Jia pushed Jungkook back to his seat one last time. Jia sighed in exasperation as she closed my eyes. Namjoon settled on his seat again and his gaze went back to the road. Jin snickered at Namjoon as he drove off. After the little stunt Jungkook pulled at Jia, he behaved himself for a bit—but when they reached the intersection, his hands were back to Jia’s thigh. Jia cussed in annoyance as she shouted at Jungkook. 

 

 

“Get your hands off me while I ask you nicely Jeon Jungkook” but Jungkook didn’t wavered—as if the alcohol had totally consumed him. Namjoon heard Jia and he immediately looked back and saw that Jungkook was harassing her. 

 

 

“What the fck man, get off Jia!” Namjoon shouted at his seat, just then Ho Seok woke up from his slumber and started asking Jin if they could pull over—he needs to take a dump. Jungkook was now trying to kiss Jia, but Jia kept blocking him while she cussed over and over again. 

 

 

“Jin pull over,” Namjoon instructed but Jin didn’t listen—Ho Seok second the motion cause he really needed to take a sht—But Jin didn’t listen. Jia began screaming and Namjoon’s worry grew bigger. It was total chaos inside the rover with Jungkook harassing Jia and Namjoon and Ho Seok telling Jin to pull over. Jin’s head began to throb at the noise—and just when Jin thought that the noise would die down, Taehyung joined. 

 

 

“I feel sick, I’m going to throw u--ahhhhckTaehyung wasn’t even able to finish off his sentence as he started throwing up—inside Jin’s rover. Ho Seok groaned—Jia screamed. Namjoon has had enough of it and grabbed Jin by his collar—Jin cussed as the rover began to zigzag. 

 

 

“WHAT THE FCK MAN!” Jin exclaimed—there was a rage in Namjoon’s eyes as he gripped Jin’s collar. Jin was torn between looking at Namjoon and at the road. 

 

 

“I told you to pull over,” Namjoon said with authority in his voice. A smirk rose in Jin’s mouth as he completely abandoned the wheel—Ho Seok began shouting something but Namjoon and Jin became too engulfed with their own feud at the front—Taehyung was still throwing up, while Jungkook was now able to access Jia’s neck— The rover continued to zigzag as Yoon Gi finally woke up. Chaos unraveled before him and the sight made his heart sank—the rover crashed with another SUV bigger than the rover—glass flew in different directions as the rover burst in flames. Yoon Gi closed his eyes and muttered his words before the impact hit them all. 

 

 

“Can we just go home?” 

 


 

 

“So here’s what you need to know about Park Jimin. He’s my best friend and he’s also hurting the same way as you are. And every single day, he blames himself for everything that happened—even if he’s not really the one who caused the accident—It was you guys”

 


 

*Jia's Point of View*

 


 

I made it back alive—but I never made it back home. My home was taken away from me on the night of the accident—A home isn’t just a place— and my home is anywhere where my Bangtan boys are… 

 

 

My chest heaves as the memories came flashing in my head. It’s our fault—It’s my fault. No else should be blamed but me—and my bangtan boys. We wouldn’t have been in that predicament if we never agreed to go out— we wouldn’t have had been in that predicament if we never went downtown. Jin wouldn’t have had dealt with drugs and weeds—Jungkook wouldn’t have had been too drunk to harass me—Namjoon oppa wouldn’t have had lost his cool— Yoon Gi… Yoon Gi could’ve been able to go home… 

 

 

Above all… Jimin wouldn’t have had felt miserable for what had happened. I shouldn’t have had invited him—I shouldn’t have had caused him pain. I shouldn’t have had— and yet I did. And now he’s— 

 

 

“We’re almost there,” Mom said as she squeezed my hand tighter. We’re on our way to Bangtan. After the devastating call that he’s—gone. We stopped at the hospital and I immediately saw Mr. Min. Mom quickly wrapped her arms around him and Mr. Min did the same. 

 

 

A lot of people has been hurting because of what happened—it wasn’t just me, nor Jimin—but every other person connected to us—Our Moms, our dads—our friends—Jin Ri… everyone. 

 

 

 

“H-he’s gone,” Mr. Min said as he cradled mom in his arms, Tears started flowing out of his eyes as his grip went tighter. I felt my own tears forming too as I in the air. I turned around as the tears made their way down—and as I did, my mind played another trick again. 

 

 

I’m not seeing any of my bangtan boys—instead, it was an apparition of Jimin standing before me. He made my way to me and engulfed me in an embrace. If my insanity’s the only thing that’s keeping me from seeing them—from seeing him… then I’d rather be damned. 

 

 

I still haven’t made it up to him… How can he… be gone… already? 

 

 

“I’m sorry…” I said as I hugged him back—I hugged him back. 

 

 

“He’s gone Mira, Yoon Gi’s gone,”   Mr. Min. said, and in that instance, I quickly peeled myself off him. Tears pooled out my eyes even more. I schooled in his features and saw that he’s fighting back the urge to cry. I held my hand up and cupped the side of his face. At the contact of my hand to his skin, a tear slid down his eye down to my finger. 

 

 

“You’re alive…” I gasped as he took the hand in his face and kissed it. My heart clenched at the thought that Yoon Gi’s gone—but now, he’s finally home, he’s finally with the others… 

 

 

“Of course I’m alive” he finally said. I took my hand back and leaned my head on his chest. 

 


 

The doctors informed Mr. Min that Yoon Gi’s body will now be sent to the morgue. Mr. Min still wasn’t stable enough to answer, so mom did all of the paper works. Mom told me that she can’t bring herself to tell me earlier that Yoon Gi’s gone, she said she can’t bear to even associate the word dead with Yoon Gi’s name—Yoon Gi had always been so lively when he’s around mom and even treated mom like his own. After all, Yoon Gi’s mom died upon his birth, so he never got to experience having one—not until mom. And I’m such an idiot to even think that Jimin was the one that mom mentioned. 

 

 

Jimin’s hand is intertwined with mines as we wait for mom and Mr. Min—I don’t know how long we’ve been holding hands—and this is getting extremely awkward now. 

 

 

“Jin Ri was crying she called me—She told me someone died, I immediately thought of Yoon Gi that’s why I came here” Okay so… Jin Ri didn’t think that Jimin died and it was all me—okay this is really awkward. I don’t even know if I should get my hand back. 

 

 

“Do you want to take a walk?” I asked. He looked at me and smiled—This time I was able to take my hand back. We went to the open space outside the hospital facility and the cold wind welcomed us the moment we stepped out. 

 

 

“Do you like Haru?” I blurted out of the blue. Jimin scoffed as he looked at me. 

 

 

“Is this your idea of small talk?” he said in disbelief. I just shrugged as if urging him to answer my question. Jimin scratched his nape as he returned his gaze to me. 

 

 

“Haru’s just a friend—she likes Jin Ri” my eyes grew wider at what he said. No wonder Haru’s urging him to break up with Jin Ri—cause she likes Jin Ri! WHAT A COINCIDENCE! Which leads me to another question. 

 

 

“So why did you date Jin Ri?” Jimin’s brow arched as he looked at me. And I stood there waiting for his reply. 

 

 

“She threatened me that she’s going to tell you everything—” I continued walking ahead of him. As I walked notice that the night sky is filled with stars tonight—and the moon even graced us with her magnificent stature. I closed my eyes as I remembered what was written in the small piece of paper that Jimin ‘accidentally’ slipped on my hand. 

 

 

“Today the moon shines brighter on the blank spot in my memories” My eyes met his and he offered me a small smile. 

 

 

“Do you remember everything now?” Jimin said as he approached me. I smiled as a tear slipped out. When he reached me, he placed a hand on my face and stopped the tear from running down. 

 

“Yes.”

 

 

M I S S T E A R H U E S'   N O T E : 

I'm about to cryyyy