Part II Jeonghan

If you were mine, if I was yours

Jeonghan had seen it all, how Seungcheol and Jihoon’s relationship started breaking. And that made him think about his own feelings for his best friend. Joshua and he were as close as the unit leaders, but he knew the other two had a stronger bond; a bond that mixed friendship and love feelings. But after the Seventeen Project ended, new bonds were formed in the group, and he had been with Seungcheol through all his heartbreak.

Joshua had started questioning his new close relationship with the leader, but what about them? Had things changed between them during the project? And it seemed like it, because when Joshua confessed that he may have some feelings for him, Jeonghan could only say sorry. He didn’t want to try a relationship when he didn’t have romantic feelings for his best friend. He was sure that trying it by force would end up worse than fleeing.

And that conversation created a gap in their relationship. And Jeonghan let him go, because he knew the other needed space to sort his feelings. But time started passing by and their friendship was like in a stand by. He tried to wait patiently for the other, while his own friendship with Seungcheol started getting stronger. The older had told him all about his own story with Jihoon and he felt that he had to make a point clear to Joshua. Because he was not letting them have the same ending, he wasn’t going to throw away their bond. They have gone through so many things, getting close even with a language and cultural barrier. 

So he went straight to Joshua and stated that yeah, he didn’t felt the same, but he didn’t want their friendship to end. He wanted to make clear that Joshua could return to him just like he went away. That he knew the other was strong and just like he had faced on his feelings, he would accept at some point that it wasn’t luck that made them friends and that their bond went beyond being in a romantic relationship.

And he waited; with his hand stretched out he waited. But without thinking much about it, his other hand had already grabbed Seungcheol’s, and he didn’t want to let go. He didn’t want to think it was because the other was heartbroken and was trying to find comfort. So he decided to go for his own growing feelings. He wasn’t sure if those feelings would last or if he was just excited with the idea of having those feelings. But every time he saw Seungcheol it was like meeting him for the first time. He felt excited and the other was touchy as always, searching for a hug or cuddle. And Jeonghan wasn’t sure if he was taking advantage of this for his own good or if those actions meant something more.

He kept thinking about that and facing Jihoon for every recording made him think about it even more. Jihoon was amazing, a great voice, great dancing skills and not to forget his composing and writing skills. While Jeonghan was still working on improving his singing voice and worked hard to stop himself from giving up the dance practice and just lay on the floor. He wasn’t sure if he could compete with that in Seungcheol’s heart.

But as people say there are right words for every situation, Jeonghan realized there are people like that and they don’t even know it; because Joshua came back and started cheering for him. Joshua cheered for him in every aspect, his professional and his personal life more than he had ever done. And just like that he had his best friend back, and he couldn’t be more thankful as his feelings for Seungcheol just kept growing. Because he had seen first-hand two brokenhearted people and he didn’t want to be part of that list, but he had also come to realize that if you are never hurt, you won’t know what makes you happy.