Part 4

TIME

(Jessica POV)

I arrived home and dug my bag as I looked for my phone. I had lots of miscalls and messages but mostly from her. Stupid of me I was too occupied whole afternoon that I forgot to check. She texted me that she would be in the club as support for Hyoyeon as the latter had DJ stint. I texted Yuri that I got home already.

 

I cleaned myself then changed to comfortable clothes and wait for her at the living room. The doorbell rung and immediately open it. I jumped and hugged her tight as soon she stepped inside.

 

“Please don’t be mad. It was an accident.” I immediately said as I felt her not hugging me back but tapped my back then heaved a long and heavy sigh. I got nervous on her quietness and I hugged her tighter.

 

“Say something.” I urged her and I already felt my tears are at bay.

 

“We need to talk.” She simply answered me and I got nervous with her tone. I untangled myself from her and we proceeded to my room. We sat ourselves on the foot of the bed. She faced her body on me and hold my hand.

 

“When was the last time I saw you?” she asked and nudged me to look up. I open my mouth to answer her but the pain reflected in her eyes kept me shut-up. She looked so tired and I suddenly felt her agony. My heart got heavy for her, am I being too selfish to keep her for myself. My mind went hay-wired as I thought my best words to answer her, but,

 

“Sica, I’m tired.” I heard her say and I felt the weight of her sadness. I swallowed hard not to cry. I looked at her intently as she let go of my hands and stood up then faced me down.

 

“Sica, tell me to let you go.” She equally intently looked at me. We battled a staring contest and my composure crumbled as I heard her say,

 

“Please.” One word and we both had tears running down and fast. I stood up and pulled her to me. We cried for a while as we held each other.

 

“Sica?!” She called as she tapped my back gently. I let her go and looked at her. She smiled at me sadly and I could not be selfish to keep her. I just nodded to her as I could not find my voice to answer her calling.

 

“Sica, say something.” She gently said with pleaded eyes.

 

“I am sorry. I did not mean to hurt you. All this time, I am hurting you, am I?” I heard my voice and surprised with my own statement. She looked down, and fidgeted while standing.

 

“Don’t you love me anymore, Yuri?” I asked her in courage and still hoping to salvage what I could salvage in our relationship.

 

“Be honest with me. Tell me what you feeling now.” I encouraged her as she kept quiet. Silence engulfed us.

 

“I am too hurt loving you. Will you give me time to recover and perhaps if time will give us another us, then maybe I could love you happily and strong enough to hold you.” I heard her say frankly.

 

“Can’t you have your time to recover with me? I knew I lacked time in our relationship. Please, another chance. I can’t let you go, not now. I love you.” I honestly said. She should just leave immediately when I nodded earlier with her request but I changed my mind. I just could not let go.

 

“Sica.” I heard her inhaled then exhaled deeply. I pulled her to me and whispered,

 

“Please.” I did not care if I had to beg, I am fighting my love for her.

 

“You promise to give me time to adjust with our business. Please more patient with me. I cannot promise anything but remind me to give time to you and our relationship. Please. I know you love me, and still.” I confidently asked and said. I hugged her tighter. I feared that if I let go, I would lost her.

 

“Sica.” I felt her returned my hug and squeezed me.

 

“And, don’t be jealous with him, please.” I whispered and I heard her chuckled.

 

(Yuri POV)

‘I am loving this girl too much.’ I thought as I hugged and squeezed her. I somehow felt relieved when she was not letting go. I came not to break up with her but my jealousy and her lacking of time for me clouded my judgment. We had many challenges in our relationship but we make it a point to talk it out and now was not different.

 

“And, don’t be jealous with him, please.” she whispered and I could not help but chuckled on her.

 

‘The nerve of my girl.’ As I thought again, she really knows me better than I known myself.