Part 3

TIME

(Jessica POV)

“Why are we here at Club Octagon?” I asked when Tyler stop the car by the club.

 

“We will meet the investor inside.” He casually answered me. Now, I understood why he insisted on riding one car. He went out of the car and proceed to open mine.

 

“Meeting inside a club? Are you kidding me? I thought we will have meeting and dinner at Pierre.” I asked and did not move on my sit. He handed to me his phone and urged me to read. Indeed the investor wanted to meet at the club. I heaved a long sigh and agitatedly went out for some reason. I suddenly not feeling good going to this club.

 

“Come on.” He encouraged me to move as he pointed the lining-up of cars behind his.

 

“I never agree on this, Tyler.” I said in stern voice. I looked both on our casual outfit with blazer both on our hands.

 

“The investor is apparently a friend of one of the owners of the club. So, yeah.” He gave me quick information on the possibility why we ended up here. We went inside without queuing as we were acknowledged by the bouncer. I immediately wore my blazer, a VIP host escorted and led us to one of the VIP rooms. We met the investor inside and we immediately went to discuss the meeting.

 

“My apologies for the choice of meeting place. I had promise my friend to visit his venture club business tomorrow but I have to go back to Hong Kong. So, I thought hitting two birds with one stone. Have my meeting here at the same time I kept my promise. So, just enjoy, it’s on me.” The investor explained after a while and I could only nodded and smiled. Tyler did enjoy and had few drinks while I stick with cocktail. I got his attention and asked us to go home. He nodded then asked and thanked the investor who also decided to call it a night as he has early flight tomorrow. We went out of the VIP room and Tyler accidentally hit his forehead on the door frame and I laughed for his clumsiness. He was about to fall if I was not quick to hold him up but did not have enough strength as we were both dragged down on the floor.

 

“Don’t tell me, you are drunk.” I whispered to him while he tried to stand himself but ended on top of me.

 

“Arrgg.” He murmured and suddenly his face was so near and next thing I knew, his lips was pressed on my cheek. We both got shocked ourselves and I immediately push him off me.

 

“Jessica.” I heard my name being called and I saw Hyoyeon looking down on me and Tyler. I gave her a crooked smile for my embarrassment but I got panicked and scared when I saw Yuri step forward looking blankly at me. I quickly tried to remove myself from Tyler but somehow, we got more tangled.

 

“Yuri.” I called and Tyler looked up then immediately tried to stand up properly.

 

“Let’s go, Hyoyeon. The coordinator is looking for you.” I heard Yuri said and looked blankly at me once again before turned her back on us.

 

“Yuri.” I successfully stood up and about to walk/run after her when I heard the investor called for me and Tyler.

 

“I wondered what happened to both of you as you both disappeared. I thought you guys following me out.” He chuckled and I guessed he does not have any idea what just transpired a while ago. I looked back to where Yuri and Hyoyeon disappeared.

 

“You guys still want to stay back?” The investor asked us and I just shook my ahead as a no.

 

“Go ahead, Jess. I will take care of him.” I heard Tyler whispered on me and I nodded then bid good bye to our investor. I looked for Yuri inside the club but I only saw Hyoyeon on the DJ booth and concentrated on playing/mixing songs. I tried to catch her attention but she seems too engrossed. I stood by her side and she was surprised seeing me. She approached me and placed on my ear.

 

“She is on the left end of the bar.” She said shouting at me and went back to her music. I mouthed her ‘thank you’ and tried to look by the bar. I saw her staring at me and I tried passed through the crowd quickly to get to her.

 

“Hi.” I said as soon I was in front of her. She did not greet me back, instead turned her back on me and ordered a cosmopolitan.

 

“Yuri, please, don’t misunderstood. It was an accident. He hit his forehead and somehow ended us on compromise position.” I explained in a very short summary I could come up. I carefully hold her arms in fear that she would push me. She looked up at me and still did not utter a word. I sat beside her, facing her side profile. I started to admire her and about to reach for her cheek when she spoke.

 

“Sica, this is not the proper place. I will see you at your home. Promise.” I suddenly became aware of our surroundings and I totally forgot our situation.

 

“Did you bring your car?” she asked.

 

“No.” my short answered and she motioned someone to come and I saw her manager approaching us.

 

“I will see you at your home. Oppa, please drive her back to her home.” She instructed her manager and I hesitantly stood up and followed. Yuri nodded on me and left her with her manager.