Part 1

TIME

(Yuri POV)

“No, Tyler. I still need to check the other designs.” She said on the other line while tapping her fingers on the table. I glanced on my watch and she was on the phone for 12 minutes already. If in another 3 minutes and she did not end the call, I would leave her in this secluded room of the restaurant. Yes, we were having dinner and her business partner called again. This was not the first time interrupting us though and he was getting on my nerves now.

 

“I know. We are ahead of time of the schedule, so no need to worry. Just let me check again.” She looked at me and I motioned her my watch then my 2 fingers.

 

“I see. I understand. Thank you for reminding me.” She was apologetically looking at me and ‘ding’, times up. I stood up and tossed the car keys to her. She looked surprised and unable to react immediately. I went out of the room and leaved her.

 

“Tyler, I will call you back. No. Something came up. I am sorry. Thank you. Bye.” I still heard her say but I did not care anymore. I immediately went out at the back of the restaurant and hailed a cab.

 

“Sangji Ritzville, Building #09, please.” I told the driver as soon I get in. I felt my phone vibrated and saw her calling. I rejected her call and turn off the phone. I did not like talking to her now.

 

I am not a jealous type of person. I trust her but recently I don’t like what I am feeling. She is very fond of the guy, admiring his intelligence and wittiness which I hate to acknowledge. I am trying my best to be more understanding and matured but as I noticed, our relationship is getting cold, and she is slipping off of my grasp. We barely see each other, more so of dating. We may talk on the phone but always in a hurry, if longer, we discuss her business. My head starts to get ached with all my thoughts and decided to stop thinking about us.

 

“Miss, we are here.” That was fast, I thought. The cab stop at my apartment building and I was contemplating to get out. We were supposed to spend the night at her place as she would be leaving tomorrow for China. I heaved a long sigh, pay the driver and went out.

 

“Oh, Yuri-ah. Why are you here? I thought you will be spending your night at Jung’s?” my brother asked as soon as he saw me by the door. His phone rung and knitted his eyebrows.

 

“Hello, Jess.” He answered immediately.

 

“Yes, she is here. She just came.” He said and I just walked and passed him. I did not listen to the rest of their conversation. I went to my room and proceeded to the bathroom. I filled the bathtub with warm water and put some lavender scent. I stripped my clothes and submerged myself in.

 

“Yuri.” I heard her call me. I looked up and saw her standing by the door. I closed my eyes once again and just ignore her.

 

“I am sorry.” She said and I felt she sat beside me and hold my hand.

 

“Hmm.” My only response.

 

“Please, don’t be mad at me.” She cooed on me.

 

“Hmm.” My response once again. I was honestly not in the mood to talk to her.

 

“Please talk to me.” She said in begging voice. I looked up to her and my mistake to look at her eyes. I was about to say something when her phone rings. I eyed her as I was anticipating on what she would do.

 

“Hello, Tyler. I am sorry I could not talk to you right now.” She hold my hand tightly as I tried to remove my hand from her.

 

“No. You don’t have to fetch me. I will see you at the airport.” She added more and I struggled to get my hand out of her grasp. She’s exceptionally extra strong today.

 

“Thank you. Bye.” She ended the call and I successful got my hand back. I immediately went to shower and finished my bath. I wore my bathrobe and about to go out when she held my hand again

 

“Yuri.” She called me and I felt like crying but I held back with all of my will power.

 

‘Not now. Not in front of her.’ I thought to myself.

 

“Go home, Sica. You still have early flight tomorrow.” I said thankfully in steady voice.

 

“No. Not until we talk.” She said.

 

“I don’t want to argue with you right now.” I answered back.

 

“The partners wanted to release the clothing line asap. Tyler is being pressured by the management but, I am not agreeing.” She explained in one breath.

 

“I am not asking you to explain.” My simple remarks.

 

“But, you are pissed with me. With him.” She claimed that irked me.

 

“Should I be nice?” I asked back instead and had a staring contest with her.

 

“Yuri, please understand, it is the launching of our clothing line.” She looked pissed with me now.

 

“Am I not being understanding to you, to him and your business?” I questioned back. She opened to say something but choose to close again.

 

“He likes you, Sica. More than ‘like’ you.” I said in a low tone.