Chapter Two

Lights Off

Unlike past nights, the dorm was silent except for the tv in the living room and the music coming from the boys rooms. Jiyong was sitting at his desk listening to some of the new tracks him and Teddy had been working on, his head bobbing to the beat.

“Hey G.” Jiyong turned around and looked at the door, Yongbae leaning on the door post. His heart began to beat a little faster but he kept his face firm,

“Hey…um…what’s up?” he asked. Yongbae smiled slightly,

“You’re manager called. He wanted to talk to you. I told him you’d call him back.” Jiyong frowned,

“Why’d he call your phone?” he asked, but then he froze. Yongbae didn’t falter,

“I guess he just hadn’t gotten the news yet. But he knows now, so he should only be calling your phone from now on.” Jiyong stared at him, slightly surprised. He opened his mouth to answer, but Yongbae beat him to it, “I’m going to head to bed now, it’s late. Good night.” He said. Jiyong stared after him as he disappeared into the hallway. ‘What was that?’ he thought.

---

TOP smiled when he saw Yongbae walk into the living room. Yongbae glanced at him and felt his cheeks burn as he remembered what had happened earlier that day.

“Hey hyung.” He said shyly.

“Yongbae.” Seunghyun said, unsure of what to say to break the awkwardness that they seemed to be stuck in. The younger boy walked closer and sat down next to him on the couch.

“Thank you.” He said quietly. Seunghyun laughed loudly,

“Bae, why are you always thanking me?” he asked, smirking at him. Yongbae looked down, his cheeks feeling hotter the longer Seunghyun looked at him.

“I’m just being polite.” He said quietly. Seunghyun smiled softly and edged across the couch, his leg brushing against Yongbae’s, placing a hand on the younger’s knee. Yongbae held in a gasp as he felt a jolt of electricity travel from his knee to his heart.

“You don’t have to keep saying thank you to me. I already know.” Seunghyun said gently. Yongbae nodded slowly and looked at him, noticing for the first time, just how bright his eyes really were. The rest of the room had disappeared around them as neither one of them looked away. Yongbae’s heart was working over time as he swallowed nervously.

“Hey hyung?” Seunghyun looked away quickly and looked up at Seungri who was looking at his phone, walking into the room.

“Yeah?” he asked, his voice huskier than it usually was. Seungri tore his eyes away from the phone and looked up,

“Do we have a schedule tomorrow?” he asked. Seunghyun nodded,

“Radio and interviews tomorrow.” He replied, silently cursing the maknae for interrupting the moment for something he could have easily asked some one else.

“Thanks Hyung!” he exclaimed bounding out of the room. Seunghyun rolled his eyes and looked back at Yongbae who had returned to nervously playing with his hands in his lap. He smiled,

“You want to watch a movie?” he asked softly. Yongbae looked back up and contemplated the question for a bit before nodding his head slowly.

---

Seunghyun wasn’t sure when the movie had ended, but he found himself opening his eyes to a blue screen and complete darkness. Was he still in the living room? He sat up and rubbed his eyes, looking around, his eyes landing on Yongbae, who was leaning his head on the arm of the couch in a very uncomfortable looking position. Seunghyun looked at the watch on his wrist, noticing that it was 2 in the morning. They had an early morning; he figured it would be better for them to sleep in their own beds.

He leaned over and gently placed his hand on Yongbae’s shoulder, “Bae, hey, we fell asleep. You should go back to your room.” He said, gently shaking the boys arm. To his disappointment, there was no response from the younger boy. He couldn’t just leave him out here. Seunghyun sighed and stood up, kneeling in front of Yongbae,

“Bae, come on. Wake up, please.” He said, a little bit above a whisper, not wanting to wake up any of the members. He shook his arm a little harder but all he got in return was the boy shifting towards him, in response.

Seunghyun froze. Did he just moan? Thousands of thoughts ran through his head as the sound kept replaying over and over. He shook his head. He couldn’t be thinking these thoughts. He’d never liked guys before, Yongbae wasn’t going to make him start now.

“Yongbae.” He said out loud sternly. Still, he received no reaction from the boy. Seunghyun sighed and bit his bottom lip, cursing to himself as he gently put one arm under the smaller boys knees and the other around his shoulders, gently lifting him up off the couch. He was surprised at the younger’s weight, he wasn’t as heavy as he had expected him to be.

He carefully made his way down the hallway and into Yongbae’s room, careful not to hit his head when he walked through the doorway. He chuckled when he saw that Yongbae had neglected to make his bed that day. He gently sat Yongbae down, guiding his head to the pillow, kneeling down and pulling the covers up to his shoulders. He stared at Yongbae’s face, looking so peaceful. He reached his hand up and gently touched his check with his fingertips. He smiled, leaned forward and kissed him gently on the forehead before getting up and walking towards the door.

“Seunghyun?”

Seunghyun froze at the sound of Yongbae’s voice. He slowly turned around, “Yeah?” he asked.

“Can you stay with me?” Yongbae asked quietly, unsure of his question. Seunghyun’s eyes widened, his brain working hard to register the question that had just been asked.

“I-“

“I don’t want to be alone tonight.” Yongbae said, cutting him off before he could answer. Seunghyun’s heart clenched at the words, Yongbae sounding so tired and looking so broken. He slowly walked over to the other side of the bed and awkwardly settled in next him. He slowly reached over to Yongbae, despite the inner battle that was raging in his head. He found Yongbae’s hand under the covers and gently intertwined their fingers.

“You don’t have to be alone when I’m here.” He said quietly. Yongbae squeezed his hand gently.

“Thank you.”