Reunited

It's You

The class were now on the ship with Jiro and Pets. They were waiting for Sunnee and Dylan to arrive. Jiro was in deep thoughts thinking of his date with Pets. He had his hands on his chin as he made a look.

 

 

Pets was frowning beside him. When she glanced at him, he now has a stupid smile on his face. She knows him, when he has that look, he's thinking of weird things. She almost cringed when she finally get what he's thinking. 

 

 

In a flash, she felt someone put their arms around her shoulders. Pets looked to her side to see Jiro close to her. "So, Xiao Ci. I already have plans for our date.", he said. She rolled her eyes at him. "Oh please, we have a busy schedule. We have no time to date.", she told him. 

 

 

Jiro grinned at this. "Oh, so you're dying to be my girlfriend huh?", he teased. She stomped her feet at his foot making him jump away from her. "Stop saying nonsense!", she exclaimed at him. Though she has an annoyed look on her face, a blush formed on her cheeks.

 

 

---

 

 

Sunnee was busy scrolling through her phone. She looked at her selfies that she took while waiting for Dylan. They got their phones after her discharge from the hospital. Dylan was buying some souveniers for them. 

 

 

It's been fifteen minutes yet he hasn't returned yet. Sunnee couldn't help but get worried. "Where is that stupid bear?", she muttered to herself. She made herself looked annoyed to cover up her worried look. 

 

 

Then she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned to see Dylan behind her. Suprised that he was there, she moved away from him with wide eyes. He sighed at her, "Though you look like you've seen a ghost. I thought you won't call me stupid anymore?", he asked her.

 

 

Sunnee sweatdropped at him. "Hey, it's your fault cause you took so long!", she whined at him. Dylan stared at her with a blank look, then he smiled. "Look, I bought you chocolate chip cookies!", he told her cheerfully. Sunnee smiled as she took the cookies from him. "Thanks.", she said. 

 

 

Dylan smiled then looked around. "Uh... Nee, where's the ship?", he asked her. Sunnee looked at him. "There's many ships here." she told him. "I know, I mean, which ship we will go to?", he asked her. Sunnee paled, she forgot which ship will take them back to Taipei. "... I forgot...", she said.

 

 

Dylan also paled at that. He panicked, but his face remained calm. Sunnee then saw a guy near the ships. "I'll go ask that guy to look for our ship.", she told him. Then she left him. As Sunnee approach the guy, Dylan unknowingly went to a ship near them. 

 

 

"Excuse me. What ship will take us to Taipei?", she asked. The guy pointed to the ship that was not that far where Dylan entered another ship. Sunnee thanked the guy and looked to see Dylan missing. Panicked took over her. "Where is he?", she asked in her thoughts.

 

 

She looked around. Finally, she found him, he was already in the ship and she could see that he was trying to calm himself because oh his seasick. She sighed then followed him. "Hey Bear, this is not our ship.", she told him. But Dylan didn't hear her. He was having a headache.

 

 

She quickly sat beside him and took his palm and massaged it. It took a few minutes before Dylan finally relaxed himself. Then she felt the ship move, signalling that they will leave. When she remembered that they got on the wrong ship, Sunnee paled.

 

 

She looked to see that the ship will take them to Keelung City. She sighed as she had no choice but to accompany Dylan who was now in daze. She took out a watermelon lollipop and opened it. After that, she shoved the lollipop in Dylan's mouth. 

 

 

Instead of getting startled, Dylan remained in daze. After a few minutes, he finally came back to his senses as he looked at Sunnee. "Where are we going?", he asked. Sunnee rolled her eyes at him. "We're heading to Keelung City instead of going back to Taipei. This is all your fault!", she said.

 

 

Dylan pouted at her. "It's not my fault that I'm seasick.", he said. "But you got us in the wrong ship! Who do you think you are? Lei Ting from KO One Return?", she asked. Dylan grinned at her. "No. I am Wang Da Dong.", he told her. "No, you are Jin Bao San who loves to chase pretty girls.", she said.

 

 

"Correction. It's girls who chases me.", Dylan said. Sunnee rolled her eyes. "Whatever.", she said. Then there was a comfortable silence between them. Dylan was debating if he'll ask that to Sunnee. He was itching to know the truth. He sighed as he decided to ask her. "It's now or never, Xiao Xiong.", he said in his thoughts.

 

 

"Nee." he called. Sunnee muttered 'what' to him. "Do you... Uh... Watch Disney?", he asked her. Sunnee looked at him."Really, Bear?", she . He pouted at her. "Just answer my question!", he whined. Sunned giggled. "Well, I do watch Disney. But only Mickey Mouse and Despicable Me.", she told him.

 

 

Dylan smiled at that. He then mimicked the minions in Despicable Me making Sunnee laugh. "What the hell are you saying?", she asked in between her laughs. But he just continued what he's doing.

 

 

"Bear, cut it out! Just what are you saying?", Sunnee said as she stopped herself from laughing. Dylan stopped and looked at her seriously. "I was asking...", he strarted Sunnee then stared at him. "I was asking if your Chinese name is Yang Yun Qing.", he said.

 

 

Sunnee was surprised and she paled when she heard him saying her Chinese name. She felt her heart beat fast as he stared back at her. "W-why are you asking this?", she asked him. He just stared at her with an unreadable expression on his face.

 

 

"I'm just curious that's all. Besides I want to get to know you more.", Dylan said. Sunnee gulped and looked away from him. "Yes, Yang Yun Qing is my Chinese name.", she said. He smiled, "Do you want to know my Chinese name?", he asked. "It's up to you if you want to tell me.", she said.

 

 

"My Chinese name is Xiong Zi Qi.", Dylan said. Sunnee pretended to not know his Chinese name. "Oh... So you're Zi Qi, huh?", she said. He smiled and broke his gaze off her. There was another silence between them. But since he was itching to know the truth, he wanted to ask her.

 

 

Then he hummed a tune. A tune that made Sunnee paled again. It's the song that they used to sing when they were little, Suan Tian. Then Dylan started to sing the lyrics, but the lyrics were different. After a few minutes she found herself singing along quietly with him.

 

 

Sunnee thought Dylan didn't heard her, but he did. He stopped singing when she stopped too. Then he turned to her. "How do you know to sing that?", he asked. She paled again. "Only me and my bestfriend knows this lyrics. How did you sung it like you know the lyrics?", he asked her. Sunnee forced a laugh. "Uh... My friend used to sing that to me?", she said unsure. "You're kidding. My bestfriend won't tell the lyrics to anyone.", he said.

 

 

Sunnee became nervous after that. Then Dylan opened his phone and looked for a picture. After seeing the picture he sent it to someone. Sunnee felt her phone beeped, she looked to see that he texted her. Her eyes widened when she saw a picture of her seven years ago. It was an unseen picture of her and Dylan. They were having a sleepover at his house and they cuddled with each other. She remembered that they were watching Mickey Mouse at that time.

 

 

Then Sunnee recieved another text from him. This time, it was a picture of her smiling seven years ago. The angle was taken in Dylan's side so she assumed he took a picture of her. Then she looked to see Dylan smiling at her. "Xiao Qing...", he muttered.

 

 

Sunnee almost cried when she heard that nickname coming from the same person again. She misses him, but she still kind of hate him but not as much as she hate him before. But she already forgive him not long ago. She knew Dylan doesn't know right from wrong during that time.

 

 

"I'm sorry for leaving you and for choosing Xiao Hong over you. It's been four years since I realized that I made a wrong choice of choosing him. I know you hate me a lot. And this might be hard for you but... I'm asking for forgiveness. I want to rebuild our friendship again.", he confessed to her.

 

 

Sunnee stared at him with teary eyes as he bowed down. She sniffed as she try to get the right words to say to him. "X-Xiao Xiong...", she started. She could see him tensed up when he heard that nickname again. "I already forgived you.", she told him. Dylan looked up at her in surprise.

 

 

"Ever since you helped me during the time we fell on the cliff, I forgived you.", she told him. Dylan let out a smile and hugged her. She hugged him back with a smile on her face too, but not without happy tears falling from her eyes.

 

 

"Thank you for forgiving me. I won't let this second chance slip!", Dylan said happily. They stayed that way for a while then Dylan broke their hug when he realized something. "Wait. So you already know that I'm Xiao Xiong?", he asked. Sunnee looked at him sheepishly. "Kinda? Since Echo spoiled the truth to me.", she said.

 

 

Sunnee was expecting for him to get mad, but instead, he pouted at her. "So that's why you're avoiding me and fighting me.", he said. Sunnee gave him an apologetic look. "Sorry about that.", she said. He smiled at her. "I know you did it to get back at me. So I understand that.", he said.

 

 

They hugged again, they both feel that their life is complete now that they have each other again. "Then can I call you Xiao Qing again?", he asked. "I thought you want to call me 'Nee'?", she asked back. "But that nickname of yours is too common for your close friends! I want to be different, besides, I'm your first bestfriend.", he whined.

 

 

Sunnee giggled at him. "Alright, let's use our childhood nicknames.", she said. Dylan smiled widely upon hearing that. "I missed you, Xiao Qing...", he said. "I missed you too, Xiao Xiong.", she said back.

 

 

After their hug, they took multiple selfies. Both were planning to post it on IG for their reunited friendship. "Let's watch Despicable Me 3 after we go back to Taipei alright?", he asked. She smiled at him. "I'd love to!", she exclaimed happily.