A Moment Together

It's You

The class went back to the house they were staying at after they found out that Dylan and Sunnee are missing. Jiro called for a police officers and rescuers to help him find his students while Pets stayed behind to look after the rest of the class.

 

 

Esther and Echo just waited near the door with Wayne and Wes. They were worried about their friends, especially the two girls since they knew about Sunnee's condition. "It's all my fault...", Echo said. The three of them looked at her. "Why?", Wes asked.

 

 

"If only I told Dylan that Sunnee has leg injury, he would've been aware and they won't get lost.", she said. Esther patted her back. "It's not your fault. No one would know this will happen.", she reassured her. Wayne sighed. "I'm pretty sure Dylan will take care of her. Though he may look like he's not the type to be caring, he can be caring if he wants to.", he said.

 

 

Echo just sighed and layed her head on Esther's shoulder. She could only hope and pray that her friend and Dylan are okay.

 

 

---

 

 

Darkness, that's all Sunnee could see right now. She felt pain in her whole body as she tried to move. She was trying to fight her pained body. She slowly opened her eyes, only to see the night sky. "It's already evening?", she asked in her thoughts.

 

 

Then she saw a fire near her. She looked to see Dylan with a tired face while trying to make the fire more hotter. There were also foods beside him but they weren't eaten yet. She slowly sat up and crawled near him. She ignored her leg injury until she reached him.

 

 

Dylan didn't notice her as he was in daze. Sunnee sighed and waved her hand in front of his eyes. After a few seconds, he came back to his senses. He turned to look at her. As soon as he saw her, he immediately hugged her tight. "Oh my god, you're finally awake!", he exclaimed in happiness.

 

 

Sunnee froze, and let him hug her. She missed his hugs, she couldn't deny it, because Xiao Xiong is her first crush as well. She didn't told him her feelings because she's contented with their friendship before.

 

 

Then Dylan broke their hug and looked at her in the eyes. She could see the relief and happiness in his eyes. "What... What happened?", she asked. Dylan gave her a confused look. "You don't remember?", he asked. She shooked her head. He sighed as he relaxed a bit. "You almost fell on the cliff. I thought I would be able to save you by grabbing your hands, instead, I fell on the cliff with you.", he said

 

 

Sunnee slowly remembered it. This time, she decided to . "Well, I'm glad you fell on the cliff with me. I don't want to be left suffering alone.", she said with a smirk. Dylan knew she was making him pissed off again, bit he didn't let his temper get the best of him this time.

 

 

"I'm glad that I fell with you too. So that I can give all my time for you, for you to forgive me for what I've done to you before.", he said. Sunnee stared at him. She could see sincerity in his eyes, but his words caught her off guard.

 

 

She looked away from him with a small frown. Dylan sighed and gave her his food. "You should eat, you've been passed out almost a day. You need something for your stomach.", he said. Sunnee stared at his food, that is a cheese bread. "I'm not hungry, and your food probably has poison in it.", she said.

 

 

He sighed at her. "I don't want to fight with you anymore. And I won't harm you. Just eat, because we will have to walk later. We have to get out of this forest before our fieldtrip ends tomorrow.", he said. Sunnee sighed and took a bite of the bread. Dylan also ate with her as they looked at the night sky. 

 

 

Then Dylan found himself looking at Sunnee. He felt his heart beating fast once again. "Sunnee... Am I falling in love with you? This isn't the right time for me to love... I still need to know if you're my bestfriend... My Xiao Qing...", he said in his thoughts.

 

 

---

 

 

Sunnee flinched as Dylan helped her treat her bruises. She was glad that he has first aid kit with him, but on the bad side, the other things they would needed aren't there. After a few minutes, Dylan was done treating her bruises. She was debating if she'll thank him or not.

 

 

"It's okay if you won't say 'thank you'. As long as you won't have another bruise.", he said. Sunnee rolled her eyes at him. Then she noticed that he also have bruises. "Why aren't you treating your bruises?", she asked out of curiousty and in worry. Dylan sighed at her. "I don't have that much bandages with me. And you're a girl, so it's best for you to be treated first.", he said.

 

 

Sunnee felt her heart beat fast. She knew he was trying to be nice to her, but the more he is acting nice, the more she is falling in love with her ex bestfriend. She ignored her beating heart and sighed. Since her clothes were also a bit torn, she snatched a piece of her clothing and placed it on Dylan's bigger bruise, that was on his right shoulder.

 

 

What she didn't know, as she does that, Dylan also felt his heart beating fast. He was afraid that she would hear it. His face remained calm. As soon as Sunnee was done, she sat to her recent spot. Dylan looked at his watch to see that it was already eleven in the evening.

 

 

"We should be sleeping now.", he said. Sunnee looked at him. "I thought we're going to get out of this forest as soon as we ate and we recovered?", she asked. "Yes, I said that. But look at you, you're not fully recovered. We have to wait until the sun rises again. That means we have to wake up before six in the morning.", he said.

 

 

"How would we know if it's already morning?", Sunnee asked. Dylan took out something from his bag and showed it to her. It was an alarm clock. Sunnee sweatdropped at this. "I'm not even going to ask why you have those.", she said as she watched him set the alarm.

 

 

Dylan smiled and placed it near him. "That's settled then! Now sleep, so we can have a lot of energy for our long walk tomorrow.", he said. Sunnee watched him as he layed on the ground, with his bag as a pillow. "What? Are you just going to sit there and watch me sleep?", he asked.

 

 

Sunnee only stared at him. Dylan sighed at this. "Hey, forget about what I did to you before. I won't do it ever again.", he said. Sunnee got no other choice as well, so she tried to walk over to him and layed on the spot beside him. She also had her bag as a pillow.

 

 

Dylan looked up at the night sky. At first, Sunnee wasn't comfortable sleeping beside him. But slowly, she adjusted and got used to his presence. She felt herself falling into a deep and nice sleep. Dylan looked at her, and found himself getting attracted to her sleeping face once again.

 

 

"Seems like the heaven heard my question... Now I know why you have an angelic face when you sleep... Despite that rude and cool attitude of yours, and your short-tempered personality... You have a gentle and caring heart.", he said to himself.

 

 

Then he saw her shiver as a cool air surrounded them. The forest always have cool air during night time. When Dylan still saw Sunnee shivering from the cool air, he decided to inch closer to her and hugged her to make her feel warm beside him. He doesn't want her to feel cold.

 

 

He felt her body relaxed when he hugged her. Dylan smiled at this. "I don't care about anything right now... All I know is... I love you... Sunnee.", he said in his thoughts as he stared at her lovingly. Soon, he fell asleep with a smile on his face. With the fire still there trying to keep them warm.