Chapter 8: Rejection

⫸Troubled Ⅰ⫷ MISLED

....

 

With no particular plan, Yuri's feet started carrying her to the direction of Yena's apartment complex. She didn't know what came over her, just that she was restless the entire time she was in the house and with her parents still out of town, no one was there to stop her from taking a walk when it was almost 7 in the evening. 

 

 

It was starting to get darker with every step that she took but she wasn't afraid of walking around in the dark. Her mind was filled with all sorts of thoughts; about herself, about Gyuri, about Yena... She couldn't keep her thoughts in order. 

 

 

One particular thought that plagued her mind was a rather specific one. She started to compare her meeting with Yena to her meeting with Gyuri. When she actually started thinking about it, she started to realize how similar her encounters with the two were. 

 

 

Both Yena and Gyuri were her seniors by one year. They were both people she had never heard of prior to them befriending her. Gyuri's approach was a lot more cheerful in comparison to Yena but it doesn't change the fact that to her, those two approached her out of no where. Both of them defended her whenever someone would attack her and would always care for her whenever she needs someone...

 

 

 It was like Yena took over what Gyuri left behind. 

 

 

So now enters the question.

 

 

"Did I really.. ever look at Yena-unnie? Or.. Was I just seeing the shadow of Gyuri.. feeling somewhat connected to Yena-unnie because everything was so similar to how it was with Gyuri?"

 

 

"....Did I just.. Want Yena-unnie to be with me because she treated me so much like how Gyuri used to treat me? Did I just.. have this familiarity with the feelings I used to have?"

 

 

She wasn't sure who she was asking. Maybe she was actually hoping that the passing wind would answer her questions but of course that wasn't going to happen. Other than her softly confused voice and her footsteps, she couldn't hear much in the neighborhood.

 

 

Snapping out of deep thought, after a while of walking, she reached the park that was just before the apartment complex. She walked into the park, walking over to the swing set. She sat down, staring at the tall buildings next to the park, spacing out again. 

 

 

 

.

 

 

.

 

 

.

 

 

.

 

 

.

 

 

She took her phone out from her jacket's pocket, staring at it while having an internal debate. She was already there. It was a good opportunity to talk to her. She said all those bad things to Yena and the least she could do was apologize and explain herself. 

 

 

She sighed, disappointed in herself. She started avoiding Yena for a misunderstanding that she caused herself. Yena didn't do anything wrong. Yena always thought of what was good for her and she repaid it by shifting the blame and resentment she had on Yena.

 

 

Biting her lower lip, she opened her phone and pressed the messages app. She tapped Yena's name which was the first on the list due to Jiyoung having messaged last Yena after taking her phone. But she couldn't message her.

 

 

For a moment, her breathing halted. And it was a familiar voice that called her was what snapped her out of trance. 

 

 

"Wait.. Lunch girl! Jo Yuri, was it?" 

 

 

Yuri looked up from her phone to see the guy she had seen with Yena earlier that day, "Ah.. Good Evening."

 

 

"Good evening," He waved with a smile, "Ah, I never told you my name, did I? I'm Jin Seoeon. I'm Yena's classmate. Just call me Oppa."

 

 

"Right..." Yuri nodded, "What are you.. doing.. here, Oppa..?"

 

 

"I actually dropped Yena home," He pointed at one of the buildings, "I dragged her off somewhere today so I had to at least accompany her back."

 

 

"Hm..." Yuri hummed but didn't say anything. She didn't really think much of him - they weren't close.. But for some reason, she wasn't very fond of him.

 

 

"So," he sat on the swing next to her, "Something happen between you and Yena?"

 

 

"Did she tell you anything?"  Yuri's voice was cold and serious, different from her usual shyness. She also didn't stutter as she usually did. Simply having him around, talking about Yena, made her mood sour. 

 

 

"Maybe." Seoeon wasn't stupid. He could feel the aura surrounding her... This strong animosity she was giving out towards him. "Look, It's not my place to say.. But as Yena's friend, I have something to tell you."

 

 

Yuri didn't reply. She kinda didn't want to hear what he has to say but she also kinda wanted to hear it. If it was about Yena, it was enough to catch her attention. 

 

 

"She hasn't been herself lately," Seoeon took her silence as permission to keep talking. "She always ate lunch in the cafeteria with her juniors but now she doesn't even leave the classroom until dismissal."

 

 

A pang of guilt hit her - She knew it was likely her fault, or most definitely her fault.

 

 

"I won't ask or tell you what to do," Seoeon extended arm, patting Yuri's shoulder. "I'm sure we both know why she's been feeling down lately. You.. You're very important to her. You're important to her to a level that I'm.. honestly jealous of. Take that as you will."

 

Seoeon stood up from the swing, "I'll be going home now. It's not exactly safe for a girl to be alone at this time but.. I get the feeling you don't want me around."

 

 

No matter what he said, Yuri did not reply to him. She had gone back to silently staring at her phone halfway to what he said.

 

 

"Right. I take that as my cue to leave," Seoeon stood there for a moment but when he gathered that Yuri really has nothing to say to him, he begins to walk away.

 

 

"I'll have you know, I don't like seeing her get hurt."

 

 

Yuri's head jolted up from her phone when she heard what he said. She watched him as he walked off to the distance, her grip on her phone tightening. Her head fell once more, eyes glued to the phone. 

 

 

.

 

 

.

 

 

.

 

 

.

 

 

...She was already there. She might as well. 

 

 

Taking a very.. deep.. breath, Yuri finally decided to message Yena. 

 

 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f396936515664644c3642457377773d3d2d3635393737333636342e313536623566393036333161356632333130333935373230333032352e706e67?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280

 

 

Her hands were sweating as she held her phone - It almost slipped a couple of times. She couldn't take her eyes off of their conversation. Yena wasn't replying. She had all sorts of negative thoughts piling up again.

 

 

She continued to stare at her phone, her eyes not leaving it for a second. The silence all around her made it easy for her to hear her beating heart and the way it quickened as every second passed.

 

 

She still wasn't replying. 

 

 

Yuri was so focused and consumed by her thoughts that she didn't notice that the person she was waiting for had already entered the park.

 

 

...

 

 

Yena took a step.. and then another.. And she continued to carefully make her way to Yuri. When she had gotten close enough, she noticed that Yuri hasn't noticed her yet and continued to space out as she stared at her phone.

 

 

Yena took a look and noticed that Yuri was staring at their conversation.

 

 

Taking a deep breath, trying to force out a word as run cold.. She called out to her.

 

 

"Yuri?"

 

 

Yuri looked up from her phone as she heard her name. Just the sight of the older girl made her feel relieved. She didn't think Yena was going to come.. Then again, whenever she doubted Yena, Yena proved to her time and time again that she would come whenever Yuri called for her.

 

 

.

 

 

"Unnie."

 

 

Yena's eyes shook, somehow being taken back by suddenly hearing Yuri's voice again. It's only been a few days but Yena really did miss her voice. Yuri didn't really talk much so it made her miss the girl's voice a bit more than normal. 

 

 

"Sit," Yuri gently directed, Yena following and sitting on the other swing seat.

 

 

"What did you want to talk about?" Yena looked at Yuri with the most tender look in her eyes and when Yuri turned to look at Yena, she couldn't keep looking at the older girl. How could Yena look at her like even after what she said?

 

 

"I.. I.. w-wanted to.. a-apologize.." Yuri was trembling as she spoke, "You.. Y-You didn't do anything wrong Unnie.. b-but then I.. I said some mean things to you.."

 

 

"No," Yena eyed the night sky. "Even I thought at one point that maybe you would've been better off without me.. But I don't regret talking to you."

 

 

Yuri's eyes finally find themselves on Yena, watching her figure  as the nearby light post illuminated her. 

 

 

"The short time I've spent with you.. It's very special to me, Yuri," Yena admitted with the gentlest smile plastered on her face. "Every moment I spent with you.. Was my happiest moments. The little things you do make me smile.. I could say something and you could just nod.. And that on it's own would make me happy."

 

 

Every word that Yena spoke reached Yuri. Yuri could feel the sincerity in Yena's voice and the more she heard, the more her heart hurt.. Because even while she was with Yena, she couldn't remove Gyuri from her mind. Gyuri was the one thing Yena failed to release her from. 

 

 

"Yuri.. I'm going to say something.. that might be a bit.. sudden," Yena locked eyes with Yuri, Yuri being unable to look away this time. 

 

 

"I'm sorry if this is coming out of nowhere but..." Yena stopped, feeling as if something got caught in . She knew that the timing was all over the place but she felt like she needed to get it out. "I.. I think I'm in love with you."

 

 

Yuri's mouth opened, shock evident on her expression. Their sudden meeting had taken a turn Yuri hadn't expected.. But then she realized that Seoeon had hinted on it in their.. one-sided conversation just moments before. 

 

 

You're very important to her. You're important to her to a level that I'm.. honestly jealous of. Take that as you will.

 

 

"I- Unnie- I'm..." Yuri was struggling as she tried to come up with the words to say but she ended up saying something she didn't want to say, but felt like she had to. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I.. I'm sorry, Unnie."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Though Yena kept the smile on her face, Yuri knew better. There's no way someone would be fine in that situation. Even she knew that.

 

 

Yuri was overcome with guilt - the feeling of having to explain herself when she noticed the pain in Yena's eyes. 

 

 

"I'm not ready for things like this... Unnie, you know how I am. I'm all sorts of messed up on the inside and.. I feel like I need to come into terms with... my issues before I could even begin to properly answer you."

 

 

Yena saw her reply coming. She knew very well what state Yuri was in considering Yuri had just reunited with Gyuri recently. But even though she knew, it still hurt to hear. 

 

 

"I know. I just wanted to tell you."

 

 

"Unnie.." Yuri's voice grew softer. 

 

 

"I'm scared... I still.. I still don't know myself very well.. And I'm in a condition where.. I just can't give myself to anyone. I thought.. I really thought.. that maybe I was ready to accept people into my life again.. But.. But I.. I can't. Seeing Gyuri again.. it made me realize just how much you reminded me of her.. That despite all the pain she caused me.. 

There was always a part of me that wanted to see her again. What if I.. What if I was unconsciously looking at Gyuri every time I saw you? That maybe.. I was looking.. For someone to replace her.. I.. I have thoughts like that, Unnie."

 

 

Yena just listened silently. This is the most she's ever heard Yuri talk.. and maybe the most open Yuri has been to her. She didn't want to interrupt Yuri; She could feel how much pressure Yuri was suffering.

 

 

"Yena-unnie I... I just.." Yuri took a moment... 

 

 

"If I can't even tell.. the difference between.. my feelings from before and those that I have now.. I.. I don't think I deserve to be loved by you. Even when I know of your sincerity.. Unnie.. I'm still afraid.. that you might hurt me like Gyuri did... I'm so conflicted and confused about it all.. 

And I can't stop thinking about her, Unnie... For the three years.. those three years that she's haunted me.. I never forgot about her.. Even when I'm with you.. I still.. think of her.. Even now she's somewhere at the back of my mind.. Our memories together nagging me endlessly.."

 

 

Every word that came out of Yuri's mouth was like a jab to Yena. She was getting a taste of just how important Gyuri was to Yuri and though she was glad that Yuri was opening this up to her, it hurt her to see just how much Gyuri affected Yuri.

 

 

"Then should I help you?" Yena got up from the swing, taking a few steps forward before turning on her heels to face Yuri. "I think the two of you really need to talk. You and Gyuri, I mean."

 

 

"Unnie.." 

 

 

"Hey, don't feel bad. I want the two of you to set things straight.. Gyuri.. she isn't a bad person, Yuri." Yena could only offer a sad smile as she said that. 

 

 

"....If only.. it was that easy to believe," Yuri also left the swing. "I.. I'll get going, Unnie."

 

 

"Ah, I-" Yena stopped. "Right.. Take care."

 

 

Yuri gave Yena one last look... And she walked away. 

 

 

Yena stood in place, watching Yuri's every step until she disappears on one corner. She kept looking at the direction Yuri walked off to, her heart sinking deeper and deeper as the seconds go by. 

 

 

"It's getting cold," Sungmin, who had gotten closer to Yena after Yuri left, called her. He watch as she slowly turned to him, tears visible in her eyes. "Come here."

 

 

Yena walked into her brothers arms, burying her face against his chest. She let out silent whimpers, barely audible to even Sungmin that was holding her yet he knew she was crying from the way she was shaking. 

 

 

"It's okay," He was gently patting her head, trying all he can to somewhat ease her pain and comfort her. 

 

 

Yena wanted to be a good person.. She wanted to act like she wanted what was best for them.. But she was frustrated. She never showed it.. But it really frustrated her that everything she hadn't done was backfiring at her. It wasn't fair for her at all. She wasn't fine. 

 

 

She couldn't be. It was all too much to take. 

 

 

All of her feelings were mixed up.. Confusing her, infuriating her.. hurting her. Everything about Gyuri.. Seoeon.. Yuri.. And herself.. It was all combined into a big clump of thought in her mind and she didn't know how to handle everything.

 

 

 

She took up more than she could carry. 

 

 

 

This time, she couldn't even lie to herself about being fine...

 

 

 

Because she wasn't.

 

 

 

Why was all of this happening to her? 

 

 

 

When she spent her time trying to help other people.. 

 

 

 

Doing everything out of concern.. 

 

 

 

And this is what it get's her? 

 

 

 

Can life be any more unfair?

 

 

 

"Oppa.. What did I do wrong..?" She gripped his shirt, her voice wobbly and brittle.. weak. 

 

 

Sungmin didn't know the answer to her question.. And he regretted not being able to say anything at that moment. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~ + ~

 

 

 

 

 

[After a week or so has passed...]

.

 

 

 

.

 

 

.

 

 

.

 

 

 

.

Things were.. Normal

 

 

It was an odd feeling at first and it really didn't sit well with her, but Yena had gotten used to the growing distance between her and Yuri. If you're wondering if the two of them stopped talking altogether then the answer is no. It was more like the two of them could be next to each other but still have this wall in between them.

 

 

After an imaginary cool-down timer had ended, Yuri had started eating with Yena and the group again... But it seemed like they all returned to the starting point with Yuri. Though Yuri had agreed to eat lunch with them again and even started going home with them, Yuri had gone back to her initial quiet phase.

 

 

Unlike before where she had slowly shown initiative in holding short conversations, Yuri went back to simply tagging along without a word. The other three, specially Chaewon, didn't fail to notice the tension between Yuri and Yena despite Yena's effort to act cheerful like always. 

 

 

Yena was exerting effort in trying to keep things light-hearted for the sake of Yujin and Wonyoung who were beyond saddened by Yuri's sudden change. It was like all of their efforts to try and make Yuri talk to them got thrown out of the window.  

 

 

Yena was getting used to this setting.. but it would be a lie to say it was okay with her. There's no way she could make herself comfortable when the wall between her and Yuri became so apparent. Yuri closed herself off and Yena couldn't bring herself to try and open her up again.

 

 

Call her a coward but the pain she felt when Yuri had rejected her still lingered and the fact that she had to see Yuri almost everyday and act like she's okay wasn't doing her any good. While she tried to keep a strong front to stop concerning other people, she was slowly driving herself to a corner, breaking herself apart.

 

 

It didn't really help that amidst the pain, she would always feel herself being enlivened by the sight of Yuri. Despite being pained by just being next to her, Yena still treasured every moment she spent with Yuri. Honestly, Yena couldn't really tell when she was happy or not. First she is, then she isn't... Then she is again.. Her mind really was a mess.

 

 

Today again, Yena went about her life with her brain never getting any rest... Actually, she hasn't been sleeping properly at all. The whole time in class, Sakura, Seoeon, and Hyewon, were all pretty distracted due to the way Yena has been acting recently. Seoeon in particular was feeling rather guilty, thinking that he may have played a role in what may have happened to Yena. 

 

 

It was obvious to them how forced Yena was being when she tried to act like 'herself'.. But no matter how much they ask her about it, Yena wouldn't tell them anything so they eventually gave up and focused on trying to cheer her up. 

 

 

In a flash, another school day ended. Time seemed to be going way faster for Yena and she really felt like she was just wasting away.

 

 

...Again, It was time for Yena to walk home with the group... Time for her to stand next to Yuri but feel like they're in two different worlds that just couldn't meet. Over and over, Yena would ask, What did I do to deserve this? 

 

 

What did she do to deserve this much pain? No matter how she thought about it, she didn't do anything wrong. Yena started to unchain her bike while Chaewon did the same. Yujin and Wonyoung were just talking about random things and as expected, Yuri just stood there, waiting in silence.

 

 

Yena would constantly send glances towards Yuri but the latter would never return her gaze. Would it be more accurate to say she was avoiding it? It's not like Yuri didn't notice. How couldn't she? Yena looked at her a lot. Yuri just kept pretending not to notice.

 

 

"Hm? You're coming?!" Wonyoung's sudden burst placed all their eyes on her. She had her phone next to her ear. "Huh?? You're already here??"

 

 

"Yep," Instead of hearing the answer from her phone, the five of them turned to look at the source of the voice. It was Gyuri.

 

 

"Gyuri-unnie!" Yujin explained. "Why didn't you tell us you were coming earlier?"

 

 

"I didn't really plan to come." Gyuri gave Yujin a sad smile before turning to Yuri. "Besides, I didn't come here to play."

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

"So you finally decided to come...? I'm guessing you're here for Yuri?" Yena was the first to ask. She didn't need to ask, really. She was the one who told Gyuri that she should talk to Yuri and though she didn't know when exactly Gyuri was coming, she knew the girl would come one of these days.

 

 

"...Yeah.. I am."

 

 

After acting like the very act of looking at Yena was a sin, Yuri's eyes glanced at Yena, unsure of how to feel about the older girl's bold question. She then turned to Gyuri who kept looking at her with that same sad smile. 

 

 

"Are you fine with that?" Gyuri asked.

 

 

"....I.. I've been thinking I needed to talk to you too." Yuri replied, somewhat surprising Gyuri that she actually agreed.

 

 

Releasing a loud sigh, Yena got on her bike. "I'm going." 

 

 

"Ah-" Chaewon quickly got on her bike when she saw Yena biking away and immediately went after her, "Ah- Sorry kids, change of plans- We're going ahead- Hey! Yena- Wait!!"

 

 

"Wha- Hey!" Yujin shouted at the two but didn't bother chasing them. Even if she was a fast runner, she wasn't about to chase a bike on foot, "Gah.. Let's just go, Wonyoungie."

 

 

Wonyoung bowed slightly towards Gyuri and Yuri before leaving the two and heading home.

 

 

.

 

 

.

 

 

.

 

 

"Should we get going too?" Gyuri asked, but Yuri gave no reaction. Biting her lower lip, Gyuri turned around and started walking... and after a few steps, she heard footsteps from behind her, telling her that Yuri was following her. 

 

 

The two of them didn't really go that far. Gyuri was just looking for some place quiet where the two of them could sit and have a talk. She figured that it wouldn't be the best idea to bring Yuri somewhere like a cafe or restaurant considering their talk could end up getting heated and tense.

 

 

Once Gyuri found a spot that fit her criteria, she went to the closest bench, taking a seat on the very edge. Yuri kept her distance for a few seconds before sitting down on the other side of the bench. Neither of them would be comfortable sitting too close to each other so the distance was perfect.

 

 

"I won't waste too much of your time," Gyuri promptly started. "I.. I don't think there's a way to justify what I did.. But I.. I regret not explaining anything to you.. and just disappearing without a word so.. Just listen to me, okay?"

 

 

Yuri was a lot calmer than she thought she'd be. The sound of Gyuri's voice was familiar to her but it had also changed. She always held her grudge close but now that she was next to Gyuri, she started feeling.. relief. 

 

 

It might be shallow, she considered that it might be, but even after being broken into pieces by Gyuri, the fact that Gyuri didn't forget about her after all this time actually made her happy. Even if she slightly hated herself for it, she couldn't deny nor forget how important Gyuri was.. and is to her.

 

 

"Yuri, I.. I was really worried about you back then, you know? I.. I know my method wasn't.. the best.. But I.. Didn't know what to do with you. The more you spent time with me, the more you got hurt, Yuri... And.. The worst part was that you didn't seem to care.. 

You would walk up to me.. acting like nothing happened even when you'd have bruises all over you.. And whenever I'd ask, you'd shrug the question... You started caring about me more than you cared for yourself and I couldn't stand that... Specially because you needed it more than I did." 

 

 

As Yuri listened to Gyuri's explanation, memories of the past came rushing to her as she processed every world Gyuri said. She started reflecting on her past self and started to ponder on the way Gyuri had described her. 

 

 

Was she really like that?  Then again, she couldn't deny having cared about Gyuri.. a bit too much. At that time, Gyuri was her everything.. in a literal sense. When no one else would bat an eye, it was Gyuri that helped her, stayed with her.. cared for her like no one else did. 

 

 

Heck, when her own parents were to busy to bother with her, Gyuri would always take her somewhere when she said she was lonely. Gyuri was always there for her and that made her more and more.. attached to Gyuri. Back in middle school, Yuri couldn't even fathom what Gyuri meant when Gyuri first asked for them to put a little distance..

 

 

But the her now had started to think deeply about it and she started to realize just how wrong everything was back then. Maybe she needed to thank a certain duckie for making her slightly more open minded. 

 

 

Gyuri did it for her. Because Yuri was slowly destroying herself, Gyuri, being young and desperate, did what she thought would help Yuri. Now, Yuri understood this. For the past three years, she's waited for this explanation... For everything to become clear.. For the answers to why the person she was closest to turned back on her so suddenly...

 

 

She understood it very well, the things Gyuri had said.. But even then, she couldn't avoid being bitter. Trying to become open-minded and hearing what Gyuri had to say doesn't automatically make everything okay. It doesn't change what she went through for the past three years. 

 

 

Those three years that she lost.. 

 

Three years where she couldn't comfortably live her own life.. 

 

She couldn't claim it back.

 

 

All the tears she shed, the anxiety she felt.. the fear... the emptiness.. All the times where she felt like it was better to just stop living all together.. It wasn't easy to live that life.

 

 

"Gyuri.. I.. I understand.. I get what you're saying but.. I can't forgive you.. not.. yet.." Yuri's voice was soft.. timid.. vulnerable. Gyuri felt like Yuri would break if she interrupted her. 

 

 

"Everything fell apart after you suddenly cut me off, Gyuri.. I.. I started to question.. Everyone's intention when they talked to me..! I- I just.. 

I couldn't trust anyone.. After someone like you, who gave me everything I was looking for... After you left me behind.. I couldn't.. bring myself to believe that anyone would actually care about me..."

 

 

Gyuri was biting her lower lip so hard she felt like it  would start to bleed if she bit it any harder. Not even her good intentions could justify what she did. She ruined Yuri's life. 

 

 

"Gyuri.. I absolutely despised you.. And everything that you caused.. After hearing your explanation.. I'm sorry but.. I can't remove that feeling from inside me.. I.. I was starting to think that maybe I've grown.. and maybe I could start moving on.. but it's hard after all.. 

I can't put aside these feelings... My.. hatred towards you.. and... the love... that I felt for you. I had.. so much.. I had all these things to tell you, Gyuri.. But you turned your back on me like we had nothing.."

 

 

Yuri took a deep breath. If she doesn't stop herself, she would end up saying more and she just knew it would go around in circles. She got up from the bench, Gyuri eyeing her as she did.

 

 

"I don't think.. I can stay here with you any longer.. I feel like.. I'm suffocating just being this close to you," Yuri spoke honestly. She started to grow more and more uncomfortable as they stayed together. Without another word, Yuri started to walk away but Gyuri stopped her.

 

 

"I might not be in the place to say this...! But.. Yena is a good person. A way better person than I will ever be.. So.. I.. Please don't.. How do I put it.. Yuri.. I could see.. Just how much she cares about you.. I don't know if you're aware of that or if you've accepted it at all but.. No one can deny just how important you are to her.. She's easier to break than you would think.."

 

 

Yuri knew that. She knew that everything Gyuri said was correct. Yena really was a good person.. Maybe too good for her. Even thought Yuri was everything worth dropping completely... Yena took everything Yuri threw at her and still smiled. Gyuri probably brought this up because of Yena's reaction earlier before they left school.

 

 

"I know she's important to you too, Yuri-"

 

 

"What the hell would you know?!" Yuri snapped, immediately withdrawing herself when she realized that she raised her voice. A few people passing by were taken back but decided to just leave them alone.

 

 

"Yuri.. I know you wouldn't want to hear these things from me but.. I know.. I DO know that you care about Yena. Yuri, do you think you would've agreed to talk to me before meeting her?"

 

 

"I... I..."

 

 

"See? She's had that much influence on you. You ran away from me when you first saw me again.. And you could've done the same thing again today.. But you didn't Yuri. Isn't it because Yena changed something in you?"

 

 

"Gyuri I.. I can't even confidently say that something did change.. Because Gyuri, you've always been in my mind.. How would I know if I ever really looked at her properly? That it wasn't you that I was looking for?"

 

 

"But you are looking at her properly. Yuri.. If you didn't see her in any special way, you wouldn't be that concerned about what she is to you. You've already started changing, Yuri. She means more to you than you think. If it really is just about me... thoughts about her wouldn't haunt your mind."

 

 

Yuri waited for a moment.. before walking off and Gyuri didn't stop her a second time. She knew her limits. She wasn't in the position to meddle in Yuri's life any further. 

 

 

Yuri steps were slow.. but then they got faster.. and faster.. until she was running full force. She was overflowing with so much emotions and she didn't know what to do with all of it. 

 

 

But as she ran,

 

 

 

 

 the thought she had..

 

 

 

 

 

I want to see her.

 

 

 

 

 

Only one person popped up in her mind. 

 

 

 

 

 

She realized just how right Gyuri was. 

 

 

 

 

 

I want to see her. 

 

 

 

 

 

She really wanted to see her. Just one person.

 

 

 

 

 

I want to see Yena-unnie.

 

 

 

 

 

 

But she couldn't. After constantly ignoring her - acting like Yena didn't exist... 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She even rejected Yena.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

How can she approach her now?

 

 

 

 

 

 

She really messed it up this time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

She messed it all up.

 

 

 

 

 

~ + ~

 

 

 

 

||a/n: Oops?

Yena ended up getting rejected.. right when she realized her feelings, too.. But even after all that, our duckie is still trying to be tough so she wouldn't be a bother to other people.. I hope she doesn't break herself.

But after three years, Yuri finally managed to clear things up with Gyuri.. Even if she doesn't fully accept it yet, that's still one step closer to moving on. But while Yuri is slowly moving forward, Yena is breaking little by little. 

Well, hope you liked the chapter even after the entire.. rejection thing. Maybe things will get better, maybe they won't~ You'll just have to see and find out~||