Chapter 12: Confess

⫸Troubled Ⅰ⫷ MISLED

||a/n: This is officially my second favorite title. What's my favorite? Why, Chapter 8: Rejection, of course~ Anyways, don't worry. I'm giving you good things for this chapter~||

 

~ + ~

 

 

"Well? What are you all the way back there for?" Yena let out a laugh. "The kids were in between us earlier but now it's just us. Are we really going to walk a meter apart?"

 

 

"I- Um-" Yuri bit her lower lip.

 

 

"Hey." Yena called out.

 

 

"Y-Yes?" Yuri allowed their eyes to meet.

 

 

....

 

 

"Yuri.. I'm going to be honest with you.. So.. Can you be honest with me too?"

 

 

~ + ~ 

 

 

"Yah, Yuri?" Yena called out to the younger girl. Yuri just froze in place after what Yena said. She had all sorts of conflicting feelings surrounding her. She felt safe yet cornered at the same time. 

 

 

I'm not ready for this.

 

 

That thought circled Yuri's mind; she kept repeating it to herself. She knew that she couldn't run from it forever. The day where she had to face her feelings was going to come sooner or later... but she didn't want to. 

 

 

She was still scared. She was still a coward. 

 

 

 It's no longer about not being able to trust Yena.... It was that Yuri couldn't trust herself. She couldn't even speak properly when they were alone. What if she says something hurtful again? She's done nothing but hurt Yena. After everything Yena did for her, she couldn't return anything. 

 

 

Yuri didn't have to say that for Yena to know, though. Yena was aware of how anxious Yuri could be. She expected as much when she suddenly decided to talk to Yuri out of nowhere. In retrospect, she could've asked Yuri to talk to her another day so the girl had time to prepare herself. 

 

 

But maybe, maybe Yena was growing impatient. After finally realizing that there was a chance that Yuri felt the same way, the drive to make a move just came to her. She knew about Yuri's circumstances - she didn't forget the fact that Yuri had issues.. but nothing will happen if the two of them never act to resolve what's between them. 

 

 

Yena was tired of the awkwardness  between them. She wanted to be able to talk comfortably Yuri, to smile and laugh with Yuri... to help Yuri get better.. to help her trust others again. Yena wanted to be there for Yuri and though arguably, it's possible for Yena to do that simply as Yuri's friend, it doesn't change the fact that they have to face their feelings. 

 

 

Whether they remain friends or become more matters very little. What's important is that they finally have a proper talk without either of them running away. 

 

 

Yena got on her bike, "For starters, get on."

 

 

Suddenly remembering how speaking works, Yuri asked, "W-W-Where are we g-going?"

 

 

"I don't know~" Yena smiled, humming cheerfully as she begun to think. "I didn't really have a plan."

 

 

"T-T-Then maybe we could.... um.. do this.. uh... a-another day??" Yuri was just desperate to find a reason to escape...

 

 

"No~!" Yena pouted, puffing her cheeks. "I've decided that it has to be today!"

 

 

"A-And when exactly did you decide that???"

 

 

"Just now."  

 

 

"U-Unnie!" 

 

 

"Ah, right- Can you stop that?"

 

 

"Huh?" Yuri was dumbfounded. "Wait.. stop what?"

 

 

"Stop calling me 'Unnie'. It makes me feel old."

 

 

"B-But-"

 

 

"No buts!" Yena smiled. "Even Yujin and Wonyoung  don't call me Unnie."

 

 

Yuri pressed her lips together. She was in all sorts of panic. It's not much a big deal to Yena. It was just dropping the honorifics.. but to Yuri, it was a huge deal. 

 

 

"Well?" Yena was waiting for a response. She didn't really expect Yuri to comply immediately. She just wanted Yuri to know that she was open to lessening the distance between them. That like Chaewon, Yujin, and Wonyoung.. Yuri can simply use her name. 

 

 

"Ah- Forget it, Yuri. Just get on-"

 

 

"-Y-Yena."

 

 

"W-wha?" Yena was slightly taken back. Yuri actually said something before calling her name but Yena didn't hear. 

 

 

Yuri took a deep breath before she repeated, "I-I said.. I got it.. Yena."

 

 

Yena tried to hold back her smile, repressing the wide smile that was threatening to appear on her face. Instead, she shows Yuri a small and gentle smile. "That's better. Now get on."

 

 

Yuri took slow and small steps towards the bike and was hesitating up until the moment she reached it. Shaking her head, she sat on the passenger seat, her heartbeat becoming erratic just by the fact that her arm was touching Yena's back. 

 

 

As soon as Yuri was in a comfortable position, Yena started pedaling in a leisurely manner. They were fast enough for the bike not to fall over yet slow in a way that the wind was just lightly brushing against their skin. 

 

 

As calming and serene as the bike ride seemed, it was everything but that to Yuri.

 

 

It was strange.

 

 

Before the day Yena came over, she had managed to sit next to Yena without feeling like her chest was going to burst open. After that day, specially after Yena had reaffirmed her feelings for Yuri, she couldn't calm down as long as Yena was around.

 

 

Actually, she couldn't calm down even without Yena. She would find herself feeling all mixed up whenever Yena would pop into her mind. Needless to say, she was very distracted for the past few days. 

 

 

Of course, this wasn't much of an issue to her academics considering Yuri has a habit of advance studying but it certainly was an issue to her mental state. Maybe even her physical state in the sense that she feels weak whenever Yena is involved. 

 

 

The two of them enjoyed the bike ride in silence, maybe not so much for Yuri. Her heart was being so loud that she couldn't ignore it for a second.

 

 

Yena, however, was very different from their first bike ride. The first time they went to school together, Yuri had been distracted the entire time and it was Yena who was trying to pacify herself. Opposite of that moment, Yena was simply enjoying the moment, finding out how much she missed this kind of closeness in the time that Yuri and her had spent shunning each other.

 

 

After a while, the two of them passed by Yuri's house, causing Yuri to start wondering where they're actually going. Eventually, they reached Yena's apartment complex but they passed it too. Yuri furrowed her brows, pouting in confusion. 

 

 

...

 

 

...

 

 

...

 

 

Yena finally stopped the bike once they reached their destination. Yuri looking around, recognizing the place as another park that was just a bit further from the other park near Yena's apartment. It was a riverside park that wasn't too crowded; there were some people that were taking walks and others that were jogging. 

 

 

The part of the park that Yena chose was particularly quiet, perfect for a conversation. The two got off the bike and looked for a place to sit. Once they've decided, Yuri sat down first while Yena followed after parking her bike beside a nearby tree. 

 

 

When Yena sat down, Yuri moved away slightly, putting distance between them. Yena laughed softly, tugging on Yuri's sleeve. "Yah, come closer." 

 

 

Yuri was hesitant but complied with Yena's request. She moved closer to Yena as the older girl pulled on her sleeves gently. "....Hm.. For starters.. Do you mind if I asked about that time when you talked to Gyuri?"

 

 

"I don't mind.. Un- I mean, Y-Yena I.. wanted to tell you about it." Yuri looked down, playing with her hands, "Since.. I wouldn't have decided to to talk to her if it wasn't for you.."

 

 

"I see.." Yena nodded, keeping quiet as to signal Yuri that it was okay for her to start talking. 

 

 

"We.. didn't really talk for long." Yuri begun. "Gyuri said.. she didn't want to waste my time.. so was very direct in everything that she said. Gyuri told me about.. the 'me' from three years ago.. and the things about myself that I didn't notice. 

I.. I still can't fully forgive Gyuri for leaving my life so suddenly and without warning.. but.. I do understand why she did it. Thinking back, maybe I was obsessed with Gyuri. The thought of having someone.. the thought of someone caring about me.. I guess.. I just focused on her too much that.. I neglected myself.

Gyuri told me how worried she was every time I got hurt.. and how she felt responsible for the fact that I kept getting hurt the more I spent time with her.. She.. couldn't find a better way to help me than to just.. disappear, I guess."

 

 

"...How do you feel about it now?" Yena slowly took hold of Yuri's hand and though Yuri didn't hold back, she didn't pull her hand away either. 

 

 

"I'm.. still bitter about it.." Yuri admitted. "I understand why she came to that decision. I know that she did it for me.. but.. the three years I spent in fear of other people.. that's a time I can't claim back..

I.. I even.. I even hurt you, Yena.. And Chaewon.. Yujin.. Wonyoung.. All of these things happened.. because my trust was betrayed.. and I was blinded.. I know that to a certain extent, I'm at fault too.. But it isn't that easy for me to accept that fully.. Because I was hurt, Yena.. I'm still hurting until now."

 

 

"It's.. never easy, Yuri." Yena was lightly caressing Yuri's hand with her thumb. "At the very least, you're aware that both of you were at fault.. and you admit to it. No one gets better immediately. Talking to each other won't make everything better.. But it did give you some peace of mind, didn't it?" 

 

 

Yuri nodded, finally grasping Yena's hand. "It did.. Though not completely, I'm relieved that I managed to talk to Gyuri after three years of being haunted by thoughts of her.. But.. I still have one thing that's bothering me.."

 

 

"Hm..?" Yena gave her a puzzled look. 

 

 

"I.. I'm really sorry.. for everything." Yuri didn't look at Yena, keeping her eyes fixated on their hands. "I.. I have no excuses for hurting you. I.. I can't.. use my past.. my brokenness.. to defend myself for the things I did to you. I'm.. I'm an ungrateful person who had the audacity to avoid you.. when the person at fault was me." 

 

 

"Yuri.. I understand.. It's oka-" Yena was going to assure Yuri but the girl interrupted her. 

 

 

"No.. Don't tell me it's okay, Yena... It's not okay.. It was never okay. Stop being so kind to me..! Get mad at me or something!" Yuri raised her voice a little, shaking her head as she spoke. "Y-You said.. You'll be honest with me, Y-Yena.. so.. Please tell me how you really feel."

 

 

Yena let a sad smile appear on her face. Yuri wasn't the talkative type and is really horrible when it comes to casual conversations.. but she really had a lot to say when it comes to serious talks like these. She was really happy whenever Yuri was honest and open to her. 

 

 

"I really thought it was unfair, Yuri." Yena leaned back, looking straight up at the sky. "I was thinking things through.. and wondering what I ever did to deserve everything that happened. It was really frustrating, really. I was out there trying my best to help other people.. and what I got in return was pain."

 

 

"I'm.. really sorry, Yena.." Yuri could only mutter another apology. 

 

 

"You better be." Yena replied playfully, letting out a soft laugh. "But.. I'm responsible for myself too. I was the one that chose to get involved so it's not entirely your fault, you know? I guess we both brought this upon ourselves."

 

 

"Speaking of which.. Yena.. How did you.. know about me?" Yuri's curiosity is making her forget that she's a quiet person who's usually too shy to ask. Why wouldn't you be curious as to how a kind and pretty girl like Yena discovered you-  I mean, Yuri always wondered why Yena approached her that day but she was always afraid to ask. 

 

 

"I was starting to think you'd never ask me that question." Yena giggled. "I knew you through Jiyoung." 

 

 

"....Of all people.." Yuri couldn't hide her disappointment, gaining another giggle from Yena. 

 

 

"Hahaha~ Sometimes.. it really feels like you forget that you're supposed to be the shy type." Yena joked. "Even your expressions are honest today."

 

 

"W-W-What does that m-mean???" Yuri's voice became that of the shy and gentle girl as she usually is. As expected, outside of serious talks, she's still bad with casual conversations.

 

 

"I just happen to witness Jiyoung... bothering you one day." Yena skipped the details about Jiyoung being practically glued to her before. "At first, I didn't really do anything.. since, you know, I didn't want to jump to conclusions too quickly.. but then I realized that the way Jiyoung treated you was no joke. 

Of course.. well.. I couldn't do anything immediately because I didn't even know you. What made me approach you was.. Uh, weird reason but I heard you singing."

 

 

"....." Yuri took time to process Yena's story... "Wait- You heard me sing?! H-How?? I make sure there's no students left when I-" 

 

 

"Woah~ Calm down~" Yena laughed at Yuri's cute reaction. Yuri never sang in front of anyone. She was always careful to make sure she was alone when she sings. Her parents probably don't know she can sing due to how quiet she is. "I ended up staying in school really late because a teacher asked me to do something. Remember that day where they suspended all club activities?"

 

 

"I didn't think.. any students would stay behind.." Yuri's face turned a light shade of pink. "Clubs were suspended so I assumed there wouldn't be any students.. plus the Music room was far from the faculty office.."

 

 

"They're on two opposite sides of the building! Mainly why I was asked because they needed me to bring something to the art room.. which was further! I'm pretty sure Sir was just too lazy to do it himself.." Yena whined. "Anyways, I passed by the Music room while heading for the Art room. And, yeah.. I heard you singing."

 

 

"But... what about that made you approach me?" Yuri still didn't understand.

 

 

"Well, it's not very evident but.. I like to sing." Yena revealed. "Chaewon and the kids too, actually. So.. I'm pretty sensitive when it comes to people singing, you know? I could really feel.. how sad you were from the way you were singing." 

 

 

"O-Oh... I see.." Yuri nodded slowly. "I.. like to let things out by singing. It was the only time where I felt like I was free from everything."

 

 

"I get that feeling." Yena agreed. She knew that Chaewon was the same; using singing as a way to let all her feelings out. Yena herself has done so from time to time. "But.. Yeah. I decided to finally talk to you and.. that brings us to now."

 

 

"You knew me for quite some time.. yet I never heard about you prior to meeting you.. I really am cut off from the world, huh.."

 

 

"No, no, no~ It's not like it's a must to know who I am." 

 

 

"....But I've noticed that you're pretty popular, Yena." 

 

 

"I'm- What?" 

 

 

"N-Never mind that!" Yuri brushed it aside. "A-Anyways.. Um.. is this what you took me here to talk about?" 

 

 

"No." Yena's answer was quick and precise. She looked around them and once she saw that there weren't any people nearby, she got up and stood directly in front of Yuri, a playful smile on her face. "I have something else I want to talk to you about."

 

 

Yuri blinked a few times, looking up at Yena. 

 

 

Yena extended her hand, offering it to Yuri. Though confused, Yuri took her hand and got herself pulled up by Yena. 

 

 

"I'm going to tell you something and you have to listen well, okay?" Yena said as she held Yuri's hand with both of her's. 

 

 

Compliant as ever, Yuri nodded slowly in agreement... waiting.

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

~ + ~

 

 

||a/n: No, don't worry. It's not over yet~ Just dropped by to say that updates aren't regular and that's because I have other things to be doing~ But well, here I am writing an update for you all.. ;u; Anyways, keep reading for the good stuff~||

 

 

~ + ~

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

"I love you, Yuri." 

 

 

 

Yena confessed again.. and this time, Yuri could actually receive it well. Unlike before where Yuri's mind was filled with her issues, she was now focused only on Yena, and she couldn't see anything else but Yena. 

 

 

"The things I told you when I first confessed to you are still true until now. My feelings for you haven't changed. If anything, I'm confident to say that I love you more than I did before."

 

 

Yuri's lips trembled as she gave out a question, "W-W-Why m-me..?"

 

 

"I wonder about that too." Yena giggled softly. "You've given me nothing but headaches.. You've hurt me on more than one occasion.. Really, meeting you made my life more complicated than it's ever been. It's a really stressful ride..."

 

 

Yuri bit her lower lip, honestly agreeing with everything Yena said.

 

 

"But.. I don't know.. Even after you hurt me, being with you still made me happy. Seeing you still got me feeling all light and fluffy inside.. The little things you do meant everything to me. I.. don't know how to explain this but.. I love you.. for you. 

There's.. nothing specific that I love about you. I love you because you're you. Because it's you and not anybody else, Yuri. It's you, Jo Yuri. The person who made me feel something I've never felt for anyone before.. It's you."

 

 

"B-But I-I have issues a-and-"

 

 

"I know."

 

 

"I-I c-can't even speak p-properly most of the time-"

 

 

"I know."

 

 

"I could s-still hurt you i-in the future-"

 

 

"I know."

 

 

"I'm n-not very honest w-with myself-"

 

 

"I know..."

 

 

"I.. Yena I..."

 

 

"I know, Yuri. You're not perfect.. but I still love you. Your imperfections.. that's all part of what makes you who you are now. All of it is part of the you that I love.. And I'll keep telling how much I love you until you can fully accept that."

 

 

Yuri's eyes were starting to get teary but she stopped herself from crying. She knew that once she started crying, she wouldn't be able to speak at all. Yuri took a deep breath, holding back her tears, she said, 

 

 

"I.. I love you too.."

 

 

Yena could've sworn that her heart stopped for a few seconds.... before her heartbeat begun to accelerate. 

 

 

"...I need.. to.. to stop be.. being a coward.." Yuri was obviously struggling to speak but she forced the words out of . "N.. Nothing.. Nothing will change.. If I don't.. take the first step.. I.. Yena.. I.. lo.. love you too. You.. you're the one.. who taught me to look at the brighter side of life.. 

You were the one.. who showed me.. that world isn't.. as bad as I thought.. And that even someone like me.. can be happy. When I.. when I gave up.. on myself.. You defended me.. and cared for me when I.. when I couldn't care less about myself.."

 

 

Yena was overflowing with emotions as Yuri exploded with pure honesty. The more Yuri spoke, the more she felt the courage to speak... the more she felt like she needed to tell Yena more. Yena had been open about her feelings countless of times before.. and Yuri finally found the courage to return the favor. 

 

 

"You.. You're precious to me.. More than you would ever think.. I know.. I haven't been honest with my feelings for you.. so let me tell you.. how I really feel.. Yena.. as if meeting you wasn't already a blessing.. I even met some wonderful people because of you.. You dragged me out of my shell.. and you've changed me.. for the better.

Before meeting you, I always considered my feelings as unimportant.. and my opinions.. worthless. I would go along with anyone else.. and didn't have my own voice.. Letting people like Jiyoung dictate my life.. was all I knew how to do..

And my mindset.. was just terrible.. I branded everyone around me.. negatively.. I did nothing.. but think that.. everyone has bad intentions towards me.. and that no one would genuinely cared about me..

But you.. You looked at me with sincerity.. whenever I'd doubt you.. that you'd never come.. you'd always come running to my aid.. and prove me wrong.. time and time again. I.. I don't know if I'm making sense but.. I just.. your existence.. in my life.. means so much to me.."

 

 

Yena lifted her hand, placing it gently on Yuri's cheek. Gently smiling at the younger girl, she nodded. "I heard you.. and I understood it well.."

 

 

...

 

 

...

 

 

"H-Huh.. Wait.. Did I just..? Oh my god.." After her burst of courage, Yuri reverted to her old self, her cheeks going red when she realized that she just said everything to Yena. 

 

 

"Yuri?" Yena giggled as Yuri looked away, lowering her head. "You okay?"

 

 

"I don't.. know what came over me.. I.." Yuri wanted to bury herself - preferably all the way to the Earth's core. She was proud of herself for actually telling Yena how she felt but at the same time, the embarrassment was slowly getting to her.

 

 

Yena laughed softly. She once again looked around them, checking for other people. When Yena was sure that there were no other people, she took a step closer to Yuri who flinched slightly but didn't move away. 

 

 

Yena leaned forward until their foreheads were touching, smiling with much affection at Yuri's shy reaction. By instinct, Yuri looked down when Yena leaned in closer. 

 

 

".....Pfft.." Yena held back her laughter, swiftly kissing Yuri's.... cheek. "I won't do it if you're not ready~ It's ok-"

 

 

"G-Go ahead." Yuri looked up, letting their eyes meet. "Y-You.. Y-Y-Y-You.. can..."

 

 

"Hm?" Yena feigned obliviousness. "Can what?" 

 

 

"I-I mean.. what you were.. about to do.."

 

 

"And that is?" 

 

 

"Y-You know.. K-ki.. um.."

 

 

"Ki..?" 

 

 

"N-Never mind! Forge-"

 

 

 Another swift movement from Yena cut Yuri off with Yuri's eyes shutting in surprise. While Yuri was distracted, Yena leaned in again, this time letting their lips touch ever so gently. After just a few seconds, Yena backed away, giggling as she smile brightly. 

 

 

Yuri's eyes softened as she stared at Yena. It was refreshing to see Yena looking genuinely happy again. Seeing Yena's smile made Yuri feel like everything she had done was worth it; setting aside her fears and insecurities to bare her feelings to Yena was all worth it.

 

 

"Yuri-yah~"

 

 

"Y-Yes?"

 

 

"....I really love you..." 

 

 

"..I.. I-I love you too..."

 

 

 

 

~ + ~

 

 

 

 

The two of them chatted for a while, enjoying each other's company after finally sorting their feelings out. Before it got too late, the two of them decided to go home with Yena, of course, taking Yuri home.

 

 

The silence in this bike ride was no longer awkward. In fact, it was peaceful to Yuri. She leaned on Yena's back, listening to Yena's steady heartbeat. It was a calming sound. 

 

 

After finally taking time to properly talk about her feelings with Yena, Yuri felt much lighter. No, Yuri still wasn't over her fears. Life isn't that kind. The voices in her head that keep trying to mislead her, it was still there;

 

 

How can you know she's real?

 

 

What if she's plotting something?

 

 

She's going to betray you like everyone else did.

 

 

Once you open up to her, she's gone.

 

 

And Yuri had always thought... that maybe if it was Yena, she could trust again. She always considered that maybe Yena would make a difference...

 

 

But now, that maybe is gone. Yuri didn't need to wonder anymore. She was sure of it; She can trust Yena. 

 

 

How can you know she's real? 

 

 

Yena was always transparent - she was from the very start. It was Yuri that refused to see Yena's true intentions as she listened to the voices in her head.  

 

 

What if she's plotting something?

 

 

Whatever it was, Yuri knew that Yena's intentions were always pure and were always aimed to help her. Yena was far too kind to be any of what Yuri thought of her in the beginning. 

 

 

She's going to betray you like everyone else did. 

 

 

 Yena didn't, and she never would. Time and time again, Yena proved just how important Yuri was to her. And even after Yuri pushed her close to breaking point, Yena still stayed by her side. 

 

 

Once you open up to her, she's gone.

 

 

You're wrong.  -  Yuri replied to the voice in her head. Yena accepted her; All of her. The her who was broken, the her who had nothing to give.. Yena accepted her even when it did nothing but burden her. She's not gone. She's still here. She didn't turn her back on Yuri. She's different.

 

 

Yuri had the gentlest smile as she answered to the voices in her head. They've bothered her long enough. She didn't need to listen to them again and even if those voices came back, she already has her answers. Yena gave her the answers. 

 

 

"...Your power.." Yuri unconsciously said out loud. 

 

 

"What?" Yena looked back at her briefly before facing forward again. 

 

 

"What?" Yuri asked back, still not realizing that she said it out loud. 

 

 

"I don't know~" Yena laughed, "I heard you say something like.. power? Or something?"

 

 

"A-Ah! Ignore that! I was just spacing out!" Yuri brushed it off. Finally snapping out of trance, she realized that they were nearing her house. A pout formed on Yuri's lips, "Ah.. We're almost at my house.."

 

 

"Someone sounds disappointed," Yena teased. 

 

 

"I-I'm not!" Yuri defended. 

 

 

Yena stopped the bike, gaining a confused stare from Yuri. "Hm..? Why did you.. stop?" 

 

 

Yena got off the bike, Yuri also getting off with a baffled expression, brows slightly furrowed. 

 

 

"Let's walk the rest of the way?" Yena offered.   

 

 

Yuri couldn't stop a smile from surfacing as she heard what Yena said. It was a way to extend their time together, even just slightly. 

 

 

"S-Sure.. let's.. do that."

 

 

 

~ + ~

 

 


||a/n: Everyone give Jo Yuri a round of applause for finally spilling~! Nothing would've happened if she kept everything to herself. Of course, thanks to our dear duckie for leading.

Though their current status is unclear, the two have finally confirmed that the feelings were mutual~ They also got rid of the painful awkwardness between them and the most important of all, Yuri was finally able to face the voices that have haunted her constantly. 

That said, this story is nearing the end. Some may have seen my profile but to those that haven't, I have finalized that Misled will only have 14 Chapters. We only have two more chapters to go, everyone~ 

I'm going to be busy due to studies so I'm not sure when I will be updating again but I'm going to try and write as much as I can when I have free time~ 

Anyways~ I've talked too much! Hope you enjoyed this chapter~ I also hope you'll stay with me til the end and maybe even be with me through the next stories in the series~||