Childhood memories

Secret

 

 

12 years ago.

“Hey you.”

A small petite boy turn around. Greeting him, a boy with an average height with sweet smile.

“I saw you sitting alone here. Can I join you?” said the boy who obviously stood few centimeters taller than the petite one. The smaller nod hesitantly.

“My name is Siwon. What’s your name?” said the boy. 

“Jongwoon…” said the smaller timidly, feeling a bit hesitant in talking with a stranger he never saw before.

“Oh what a cute name. How old are you? I’m 10.” Siwon smiles brightly, Jonogwoon can’t help but to feel relief knowing it was mere innocent conversation.

“You should call me hyung. I’m 12. Are you new here?” Jongwoon ask upon curiosity.

“Are you really 12? why you look so small. Mommy said that if I were to turn 12, I’m gonna be as tall as daddy.” said Siwon, gesturing the height of his dad by tiptoeng himself.

The younger word got Jongwoon a bit sensitive regarding his height. He pout more and more after Siwon keep going about his dad height.

“Hey mom said I’m a late bloomer! So tell me why you here or I’m gonna go!” said Jongwoon, tears threatening to fall from his small eyes.

Siwon had no idea why the older were being too sensitive and smiles innocently. “I’m moving from Seoul to here! We might be neighbour so let’s be friend!” he excitedly jumping around Jongwoon until the older agreed to him.

Since then they were never stay too far from each other. The Kim’s and the Choi soon established a good neighbour relationship due to their sons sleepover almost every time they had their chances.

10 years ago.

Years had past since the two met. Siwon soon develop what a crush for the sweet and kind older. With great courage, he confess to the older but not without rejection at first.

Jongwoon was confuse and scares after knowing how stereotypical people can be. Homoual was a taboo issues but it’s seem that it was not a problem with the Choi. 

The younger parent being supporting were still not enough to convince him. The thought of being rejected by the society got him avoiding the younger for days until one day.

The news of Siwon confessing to him broke to his parent. With a pale face he had to face his parent.

“Jongwoon. What is this news we heard from Mr.Choi?” said his father with a stern voice.

“Jongwoon, tell us. What do you think of him?” this time the loving mother chirp into the conversation, patting her son lovingly just to calm his nervous breakdown.

“Da---dad… I’m not gonna accept him. I know I can't.. don’t worry about it.” the 14 years old Jongwoon stuttering. The real outcome he expect was his dear parent throwing him away for being the embarrassment of the family.

Jongwon almost runaway. Not because the stern voice of his father just now. Not because he thought his parent were ready to throw him out at anytime.

But it was because of the old man smiling suspiciously towards him. Joined by a giggling mother, Jongwoon thought his family had turn into one crazy circus.

‘I’m doom. They gonna throw me…’ thought him, clenching the hem of his shirt while fighting the tears that were about to take over his sight.

“Jongwoon ah. Look at mom.” said his mother, tugging his chin softly ot face her.

“Whatever you choose, you still our baby. We only have you and we will accept anything about you. As long as you can be happy, we don’t mind having the Choi as in-law.” 

Jongwoon gasping. Almost thrown into hyperventilating from the mother’s bold statement. No scratch that. Loving statement. He turn to his father who now nodding sweetly towards him.

“You don’t.. mind..? But being gay is.. I mean… I’m…”

His mother shushing him with a hug. Caressing their only son softly. After the Choi had come to them yesterday, they were told how worst Siwon’s condition after being rejected by the love of his life. 

Convincing the Kim’s of how Jongwoon clearly love Siwon but was too afraid of the judgement. It’s not easy for them to let such a taboo thing but knowing how close Siwon is to their family and how nice the Choi to them, they can’t help but to accept whatever had become and to make their son happy. 

They knew it’s gonna take a few talks and advice to their Jongwoon, the only son of the Kim admit of being in love with Siwon.

“Mom, I swear I’m not gay. It’s only Siwon.” said Jongwoon with blush tainted cheeks.

“Yeah right.” said his mother while rolling his eyes.

Since then, the two family become more closer then ever. The relationship had been kept secret by Jongwoon request. With their sons falling in love deeper day by day, they thought nothing could go wrong.

Until one day. A new neighbour come to their view. A single parent with two children come greeting the Choi and the Kim.

Later on Siwon and Jongwoon become close with one of the kid. Hanging out together without the kid knowing about their relationship.

“Siwon ah, can you come with me to my house? I had new game to show you!” said the kid.

“Sure Changmin!” the two tall kid jumping around, feeling excited by the game Changmin told him.

“Jongwoon hyung, wanna join?” said Changmin, turning around to the older.

Being the oldest of them, Jongwoon never once understand the fun of playing game. Ever since he was a child, the family tried to make him play the toy of his age but books are more interesting for him.

With the thought of not wanting to be away from Siwon, he nod in agreement. 

They arrive at their friend’s house. Soon, Siwon was dragged by Changmin who forgot about Jongwoon.

Jongwoon sighing. Not knowing where to go, he wander alone inside the two stories house that have the same structure as his and Siwon’s house.

Although the two younger kids had went upstairs, he can’t help but to hesitate to walk without permission inside Changmin’s house. He walks towards the living room with an intention of waiting Siwon there.

“Who are you?”

Jongwoon were surprised by a sudden voice coming from behind him. He turn and soon a frown gone from his face.

“Oh I’m sorry. I’m Changmin’s friend but he left with Siwon to play a game.I don’t know which one is Changmin’s room and I don’t want to be rude by walking into someone’s else room.” said Jongwoon, eyes fell on the mask wore by the kid in front of him.

“Oh. Okay. I’ll lead you there. I’m Changmin’s older brother.” said the kid without fully introduce himself. With a smiles, Jongwoon follow the kid who seems a bit shorter than him.

Since then, he had been following Siwon’s around who keep getting distracted by Changmin. They were no longer left alone. But nothing had been bothering Jongwoon’s mind since it was his choice to cover up the relationship between him and Siwon.

But the longer it happen, the more he become worried about the stake of his relationship. He curse himself for even being ashamed of his own boyfriend. He keep accompany Siwon to play with Changmin even though he never once join them.

One thing about the younger keep coming to Changmin’s house. He realize he had become close to Changmin older brother. Despite not knowing the kid’s name or even his face since the boy keep wearing his face mask, indicating his terrible health issues that not a strange issues anymore since the single mother did talk about one of her child being sick all the time.

In other hand, Siwon knows how the older feels about him being ignorance about their relationship. He knows well how hurts Jongwoon had become after he decline their date just for play time with Changmin.

So he had come to conclusion. He had to told Changmin about their relationship. With doubt in his mind, he meet Changmin alone without alerting the older at all.

It didn’t end well. Changmin become disgusted towards him and Jongwoon. With threats he had on Siwon, he had Siwon lure Jongwoon out to an abandon house that just located outside their neighbourhood. With a plan of making Jonwgoon hate Siwon and turn Siwon into normal again, he had force Siwon to break up with the older.

“You just a toy. Don’t act all high mighty, ”

It’s pained. It’s hurt Siwon the most looking at the older hurtful eyes.

“I’m not.. you turn me this way… you turn me into a … …” Jongwoon sobbing, hang his head low to avoid the hateful glare from Changmin and Siwon.

“Pfft are you kidding me? Look at this nerd!” said Changmin, piushing Jongwoon who obviously smaller than him.

“No..” Jongwoon become frantic when Changmin begin to attack him, trying to tear off his shirt.

“You just a who lure man into a sinful thought! Mom said homoual should be taught about mannerism!” shouts Changmin, throwing a kick on the smaller stomach.

Jongwoon groans got Siwon in panic attack. He was hesitate in helping the older but the though of Changmin ruining his family reputation or even worst ruining Jongwoon life makes him flustered in his spot.

“Yah!!! what are you doing!” a shouts manage to make Changmin frantic and pulling Siwon into running fits. Siwon was protesting but Changmin glare were enough to let himself dragged all the way home.

‘Sorry… Jongwoonie…’

.
.
.

“Can you walk?” said the saviour who introduce himslef as Kyuhyun but the smaller were too traumatize by the incident and refuse to talk to him.

“Hey, it’s okay. I’m not gonna hurt you. So tell me where you live.” said Kyuhyun again.

Jongwoon didn't trust himself in talking yet so he settle with pointing his finger towards his way home.

“That way? Okay. Let’s go home. You not hurt right?” siad Kyuhyun, earning a head shakes by the smaller.

Soon they arrive at the Kim’s household. It was late. Jongwoon had long stopped his crying fits. Not wanting to worry both his parent, he ask his saviour to shut his mouth about the whole ordeal. 

“You were just about to be by few people just now. Why would you just--” Jongwoon cover the taller mouth and glares before entering his house.

Been ignore by the smaller, kyuhyun shrug it off and pull out his phone to inform his parent his own location. 

Upon entering the house, Jonwgoon were greeted by Heechul, his older cousin who come to visit him.

Jongwoon was about to walk pass Heechul when his mother pull him into a hug.

“I hear from Ms.Choi. It’s okay. You gonna found a better man.” said his mother caringly.

Jongwoon look up to his mother with a question. Had Siwon being that serious about it? Thought him. The mother staring at him with sympathize. Feeling sorry for her son losing the man he been in love for months.

“What… what did he said?” said Jongwoon, curious about what SIwon had lies to his parent.

“He said that he was too young to focus on this relationship. He didn’t want you to be bothered by him so he ask you out today to break up, is that true?”

‘Bullsh*t.’ curse him from the inside for the first time. He had been stab by massive hypocrisy of his now younger ex-lover. Not wanting to make thing more suspicious than it is, Jongwoon nod as answer.

He excuse himself before weakly walk towards his own room. Cursing Siwon for the mistake he makes. For making him the way he is. Since that day he had promise to not let himself into sweet talks of love.

.
.
.

“Imo. Did you talk to him about moving yet?” said Heechul, curious by the conversation his aunt had with his cousin.

“Not yet. He just broke up with his boyfriend just now. I don’t want him to move in the middle of his broken heart yet. I hope you understand Heechul ah.”

“Ah no. It’s okay. I’ll go talk to him for now. I promise I won’t say anything about the move yet. It's been awhile since the last time i saw him too.”

“Okay. Be careful. That kid can be so sensitive sometime.”

.
.
.

“Arghhh!!!”

As in dejavu, Heechul run towards the scream which he knew too well. It’s been days since Yesung were having a nightmare. Once the younger woke up, he seems to forget everything about the older hugging him to calm his nerve including the scream of terror.

As in cue, Yesung walk pass him and start his daily routine. Heechul sigh in frustration, rubbing his face harshly, irritated by the younger weird behaviour.

“Imo… what should I do..”

Meanwhile. The younger who had settle himself in the bathroom only froze in crouching position. Mumbling his apologize for the older. After he had stumble upon the conversation between Changmin and Siwon, he had been through episodes of nightmares and morning terror. Sometimes it happen in the middle of night but Heechul manage to calm him down to sleep. Disturb with the fact that Changmin was the one who 

‘It’s not it…. I won’t let it get to my head… I’m strong Jongwoon…’

 

 


A/N: ahh poor yeye. It’s seems like we forgot our main problem aight!!!! who’s the one who came at the house that day? When yeye were having his fever? Remember that? You guys gonna ask more question after this.

This is totally unedited. I think i reach the phase where i become lazy author lol.