Chapter 4

But Not For Me

"...and manners makketh man," Wonshik gestures his hand like a gentleman towards Jaehwan, despite he noticed the disgusted expression all over his face. Both of them had been playing like this since they knew each other. Not that Jaehwan feel disgusted about it, not that he likes the way Wonshik treated him either. Both of them are Taekwoon's bestfriends; its Wonshik's at first. But when Jaehwan came into his life as a new student, Wonshik had took a liking on the boy and wanted to be friend with him. So its automatically becomes Taekwoon's as well. Taekwoon might be the new student in the school, he and Wonshik had knew each other since in middle school but separated schooling when they're in high school. And they still live near with each other.

Thus, he wasn't lonely when he changed school. The reason behind he transferred was... he got into a fight with the other students because of some random things. And now here the three of them sitting at one of the table in the cafe, Jaehwan and Wonshik playing with each other while Taekwoon on his food as if he wasn't had any food for a year. But despite that, his eyes never left the two person sitting not to far with them. Mostly his attention is towards the certain tanned male with beautiful brown eyes and ash brown hair. Hakyeon is always on his mind ever since yesterday, when he teased the guy at the toilet. The reaction that he got was funny- to him. Taekwoon gives a long stare at the man in front of him, but he knows Hakyeon still doesn't notice that he was looking.

And he knows, Hakyeon must haven't tell Sanghyuk anythng about yesterday, if not Sanghyuk must have his head by now. He smirks, thinking what should he do to make Hakyeon and Sanghyuk's life trouble when he's here. Honestly, he really doesn't like Sanghyuk because that guy must always been better than him in anything, everything. Especially in boxing. He knows, Sanghyuk was schooling with Wonshik because the latter told him that. But he never knows Sanghyuk has a boyfriend- a cute one on top of that. But, Hakyeon is really something else, no matter how pretty his exes, no one can win over Hakyeon's beauty. The way Hakyeon talked, he got the sweetest voice ever, Taekwoon could have melt on the floor if he wasn't Sanghyuk's boyfriend.

"What are you smiling at, Jung Taekwoon?" Wonshik looks to the direction that Taekwoon had been smiling and back to his bestfriend. Jaehwan also turned his face towards Taekwoon because that guy is smiling at some direction.

"Nothing..." Taekwoon answers before digging in his lunch back. Not trusting his answer, Jaehwan finally noticed about the red hair male sitting in front of Hakyeon- and Hakyeon himself. 

"Ah- Han Sanghyuk and the so-called-bestfriend, Cha Hakyeon. Why? Are you interested in either one? But I think you never touch Cha Hakyeon because Sanghyuk would be pissed, more pissed when you touch him," he explained, catching Taekwoon's interest right away. 

Thinking for a minute, he finally got an idea what to ask Jaehwan because he looks like knows better that Wonshik about the two of them. "Why so-called-bestfriends? Aren't they like dating because look how close they are," they all turned their gaze towards the topic of the discussion.

"They aren't. Sanghyuk and Hakyeon are just bestfriends, but a little much overprotective. There are rumors saying Sanghyuk likes Hakyeon, that's why he rejected every confession. But Hakyeon doesn't knows that Sanghyuk likes him," Jaehwan explained more. Wonshik also seems to listen this to the first time even Jaehwan enters the school later than him. He seems knows much more that Wonshik. They three of them nods in unison, especially Taekwoon when he got to learn something new today. 

Back to his lunch, and Hakyeon. He keeps staring at the boy, until they both had eye contact with each other. From afar, Taekwoon winks at him, sending Hakyeon an entire goosebumps on his body. He was playing with him. Knowing Hakyeon after yesterday, he looks very defensive and fragile when Sanghyuk wasn't around. But something was ticking in him, to tease Hakyeon even more after seeing the reaction.

 

♦♦♦

 

Hakyeon seated not far from the three guys that he tried to have lunch very nicely and peacefully with Sanghyuk, But it wasn't his luck when he actually noticed Taekwoon is seated and now looking at him in a very intimidating way. Ever since yesterday when Sanghyuk left him alone, Hakyeon was scared of being left alone especially when nobody was around like yesterday. That was a horror and he can never tell Sanghyuk that- or maybe one day when this Taekwoon cross his lines of something. He sighed and look at Sanghyuk who looks so hungry, until there are some ketchup on his mouth.

"Sanghyuk-ah slow down. You will choked," he grabs a tissue and hands them over to Sanghyuk whilst shaking his head seeing how Sanghyuk behaved with food. He mouthed a small thankyou and wipe his mouth before continue to dig in his food. Hakyeon got so many things in his mind- his dance class, his dance competition, the test on next week, Sanghyuk and Taekwoon. That guy worried him a lot when he dare to touch Hakyeon and almost kissed his neck which gives Hakyeon a goosebumps. He sighed in front of his food.

"What happened? Are you okay, Hakyeon-ah?" Sanghyuk put down his spoon and focus on Hakyeon, who seems not eating his food. "Remember when we went to arcade the other day?" Sanghyuk nods. "Don't look behind but, your friend was there," Hakyeon informed, and noticed the changes in Sanghyuk's face. He was about to turn over and glare but Hakyeon stop him from doing so, because he doesn't want Sanghyuk to created a chaos at the cafe. 

"He's not my friend Hakyeon. His name is Taekwoon and he's a . Remember when I went home early last year boxing camp and I supposed to play for the country? He framed me and I was disqualified,"

"Then why he's here?" that was a question for Sanghyuk too. No wonder he said something like seeing Sanghyuk in school or whatever. Not that he care as long as Taekwoon doesn't disturb his life in school with Hakyeon, he would be grateful. Sanghyuk doesn't want to create any problem when he already had tons of it, especially with the one related with the broken door last week.

Finally, Hakyeon gathers his courage to look back at the slanted eyes male who had been staring at him. He never gets to see the details of Taekwoon's face but he noticed the sharp eyes and small lips on his face. Taekwoon's jet black hair is also stand out so much. As tall as Sanghyuk but Sanghyuk is much taller and more handsome Hakyeon could say. As Hakyeon gives a small look towards Taekwoon, he noticed the small smirk on his face and also the sudden wink sending shivers on Hakyeon's body. He was scary. Hakyeon decided to stay away because Sanghyuk also doesn't like the man, so he supposed to stay away as well after the toilet incident.

 

♦♦♦

 

It has become a habit for Hakyeon to go to the library after the school because whether he wanted to return the book or he wanted to borrow a new one. But now, Hakyeon wanted to go to the library because his teacher told him there will be a new book arriving today, so Hakyeon won't let the chance away and he wanted to borrow the new book immediately. It has becomes a habit, so Sanghyuk as a good bestfriend he would tag along despite of the eyes of the librarian on him. The librarian is beautiful, Sanghyuk agreed but not as beautiful as the man that he always had his eyes on. Hongbin is the man with looks, smart brain and nice smile. He was one of the most 'wanted' male after Sanghyuk and Hakyeon in the school but he would just rather stay low and he doesn't like to show himself to the crowd that much.

Hakyeon walks down the aisle of books, one by one but he doesn't notice the books that he haven't read yet. Most of them were already touched him him; either he already read them or he's not interested of the content. But now, none of the new books are here, making Hakyeon to feel like his effort of coming the library useless. He saw Sanghyuk is already flop on the chair and head down; he's sleeping. Shaking his head, Hakyeon walks passed Sanghyuk and straight to the librarian who was on duty for the day. Which it turns out to be Hongbin, the one who crush on Sanghyuk. Hakyeon shows a small smile, knowing he finally had the chance to talk with Hongbin.

"Hello, I'm Hakyeon!" Hakyeon taps Hongbin's back before showing his hands to shake with Hongbin, but Hongbin only gives him a look at both the hands and Hakyeon.

"I know. What do you want?" cold, Hakyeon pouts over the cold treatment by Hongbin but he's going to give up with that. Seeing Hongbin was about to leave, he quickly cuts him off by saying Sanghyuk's name. "I know you like Sanghyuk!" Hakyeon half yelled because they were in the library and he doesn't want to wake Hyuk up or sacred the boy away.

"...so? What are you going to do with that? Ask me to stop?" Hongbin glances sharply with his eyes towards Hakyeon, letting Hakyeon to let his words cut off for a second.

Frowning for a secand, Hakyeon slips a laugh before he slings his arm around Hongbin. "I wanna say that, Hyuk doesn't like cheesecake. He had lactose intolerant and he can't take yogurt-ish stuff. Hyuk likes chocolate cake... or anything related with chocolates," Hakyeon winks, knowing that he finally earns Hongbin's ears to listen to his advice. Shrugging him off, Hongbin fix his uniform back and glares at Hakyeon, faking his cough.

"Whay are you telling me this? Aren't you like his boyfriend?" Hongbin finally soften his voice towards him, loosing down his gaze. Hakyeon lets out a soft chuckle, the one that his fanboys always love to hear. 

"No, we're not. Hyuk is just a bestfriend of me. We're friends since diapers, its impossible for us to have feelings for each other," explained the dancer.

"...really?" Hongbin saw the nods on Hakyoen's face and the confident that drawn on his expression. Hakyeon is serious. "Plus, you look smart and looks like can take care of my friend over there. That's why I'm telling you this and I'm setting you up with him. Okay, friends?" he shoves his hands towards Hongbin, who finally accept his hand shakes with a huge grin on his face. Maybe Hakyeon isn't bad at all.