Chapter 2

But Not For Me

"Hakyeon-ah, have you seen my- oh thankyou," Hakyeon shoves Sanghyuk's socks directly on the face when the latter wake up late per usual. Thank god its weekend and Sanghyuk promised to take him out for a game at the arcade, though its not Hakyeon's favourite place. Its too noisy for him, Hakyeon prefered books and cafe intead of hectic place like that. But, since Sanghyuk loves game so much so he just complied with everything as long as Sanghyuk would go to the library cafe with him when he asked. That's how their friendship works. It wasn't that they have no other friends, but Sanghyuk and Hakyeon are like being tied up together, both couldn't let any of them to stay far away from others.

But that doesn't mean they never fight. There was this one time when Hakyeon sulked with Sanghyuk because he thought Sanghyuk doesn't want to be friend with him anymore when he saw the boy play basketball with someone else. Unlike him, Sanghyuk is so athletic and everyone adore him because he was so hot and good at sports. But Hakyeon is very much reserved and small in built compared to Sanghyuk. That doesn't mean he wasn't loved by others. Hakyeon is like the school princess, every guys and girls swooned over him. Until Sanghyuk was jealous as well, that's why he stay away from Hakyeon by playing basketball with the other boys.

However one day, Hakyeon came to his place crying, which startled Sanghyuk's parents since Hakyeon never cried like that before and then Sanghyuk was scolded for treating Hakyeon that way. Hence, they started to make up again and be friends like before. Guess, that was the biggest fight that Sanghyuk and Hakyeon had before.

Walking down the streets, Sanghyuk would always stay beside the road, letting Hakyeon to stay beside him and whenever Hakyeon asked why he did that, Sanghyuk would always came up with 'you're too small, the driver can't see you'. Hakyeon lets out a sigh and jab his elbow towards his bestfriend. "Are you sure you can walk with that face? People are looking at us weirdly you know," Hakyeon whispers when they arrived at the busstop. Listening to his bestfriend, Sanghyuk wanders his eyes to the left and right and seems like people really watching them but Sanghyuk really don't care about what they're talking because boxing is a part of his life. So, going out with a bruise is a pride of him. 

Weird, but that's Sanghyuk.

"I don't care. Anyway, I kinda loved it though. Seems like the new guys wanted to knock me out. Its challenging,"

"Its stupid. Look at you! You scared the hell of me last night," Hakyeon shakes his head off, listening to Sanghyuk's statement.

"That shows how much you love me, Yeon," the guy smiles sheepishly, nudging Hakyeon's side.

"Tch. I do, kiddo," Hakyeon ruffles his hair before stand up when the bus has arrived and like usual Sanghyuk will give him the seat and he would prefer standing.

Few minutes on the bus ride, they finally arrived at Sanghyuk's favourite place to fool around and the first thing that caught him is the boxing game to test the level of his punch. "Hey, Hakyeon-ah. Wanna try that?" he drags the smaller male to the boxing game and examines the game, as Hakyeon scrunched his face looking at how dumb it sounds to him. Without listen to Hakyeon's decision, Sanghyuk straight to the counter and change the token for them to play with the games there.

For his 18 years of living, Hakyeon never lay his fist on anything. It would always be Sanghyuk if they got into a fight (mostly people would mess with Hakyeon). Hakyeon look around and he saw the dance machine as well, and he taps Sanghyuk's shoulder. "Okay, I'll do that. But then you have to play that with me," he shows the dance machine that is big enough for Sanghyuk and he glances at Sanghyuk who seems to be so confident.

"Okay, deal! Anyone's losing need to pay for the lunch," Sanghyuk offers and Hakyeon agreed. Both of them step at the boxing game first since that is the nearest and Hakyeon seems like so confident despite of his small fist. Meanwhile, Sanghyuk is just relax because he is already an athelete, he doesn't need to prepare his fist like Hakyeon did. He decides to go first, as they have two tries each; Sanghyuk went up to 600 points in total which leaving Hakyeon in dazed. How the heck he's going to beat Sanghyuk when that's a high point though. "Oho, 600 points! You sure you can beat on this, Yeon?" mocks Sanghyuk. 

"Tch, of course I can . Watch your wallet," Hakyeon makes a gesture of his two fingers at the eyes and back to Sanghyuk, threatening him. His soft fluff hair flips as Hakyeon starts throwing up his highest punch once and the second times. "Hah! Take that, Hyuk-ah!" Hakyeon jumps in victory as his marks comes out higher than Sanghyuk's; 650 points in total.

Sanghyuk was dumbfounded when he saw Hakyeon's score higher that he is. However on thing that Hakyeon doesn't know is Sanghyuk purposely lose to him because he knows Hakyeon never laid his fist so why now just pretending to make him stronger. However, Sanghyuk still in his pretending mode, grumbling his mouth as he lost his pride with Hakyeon. The latter now is jumping in happiness when he just won over the athlete. "Let's see at the dance game! Who knows I can beat you Cha Hakyeon-nim," he press the words clearly, trying to put on threats towards Hakyeon but Hakyeon easily shrugs him away and pats Sanghyuk's shoulder.

"Boi, you can never win over a God,"

"Hah! You never try, Hakyeon. I can easily do this,"

"Whatever, Hyuk-ah. Try me," they both stand on the dance game after Sanghyuk put the token inside of the machine before Hakyeon starts to focus on his dance seriously. But Sanghyuk... he sure can dance but his steps a bit messy because he's busy watching Hakyeon so immersed in his dance. It was mesmerizing to see Hakyeon keeping up with his own steps. Even moves he play it was all beautiful, Sanghyuk agrees on that. But, suddenly when he's too busy watching Hakyeon, Sanghyuk suddenly steps on his own feet before slips off the dance floor and fell. "Ouch! that hurts," Hakyeon was surprised over the sudden accident, stops from his dance.

"Yah, what happened?!" crouching to help Sanghyuk, Hakyeon lift his arms and helps Sanghyuk to stand up. 

"I accidentally step on my own foot," sighing, he drags Snaghyuk to seat at the nearest bench, letting Sanghyuk to wait for a second while he got to buy a drink at the vending machine.

Looking at his ankle, it doesn't much in pain but he was more to shock because of that sudden slipped. How could that happen though, he curse to himself. He  rubs his ankle a bit, before he heard someone call his name. Looking up, he saw the man who he boxing with yesterday. The one who caused his handsome face to be this bruised. As he realized the man, Sanghyuk tries to stand up as he fee; the pain in his ankle becomes lessened. "Oh, you. What are you doing here?" Hyuk asked, being friendly. But somehow the man still has the same cold eyes like yesterday when they practiced together. He shoves his hand to shake hand but somehow he was rejected when the man only smirks and chuckles. Dragging his hands back to his side, Sanghyuk knows the man isn't going to be friendly with him at the moment.

"I don't know if you really don't recognize me, Sanghyuk," Hyuk knits his eyebrows, not understand he mean by that because he really can't remember where did he saw him before. To say he was schooled together, Hyuk thinks its impossible because he never saw him before. 

"Sorry but have we ever met before? I can't remember you," the man smiles, but then his cold eyes get back at Sanghyuk. "Are you sure? Because I can clearly remember the one who knocked me out at the boxing camp last year, Han Sanghyuk. Ahh maybe its me who got knocked, that's why you dont remember," 

"You... the one who told coach that I beat you up, weren't you?" Sanghyuk slowly can recalled back as he mentioned about the last year boxing camp. The boy that he noticed always wanted to win over him, who always disturbed him when they had lunch together as a team. Sanghyuk doesn't know what triggered the boy to mess with him but he always played dirty to bring Sanghyuk down. Especially when he was chosen to play for the national team, he saw the eyes of the boy changed. That was the time he got slandered and kicked out from the team. Not only he was slandered beating up his teammates, but also framed for having illegal stuff with him.

The tall man chuckles, when seeing Sanghyuk being defensive when he's around. "Looks like the bruised that I gave you still there. Did you get treate-" as the man wanted to continue his words, Hakyeon comes over with two drinks on his hands.

"Sanghyuk-ah, here. Oh hello! Are you Sanghyuk's friend?" Hakyeon hands over the drink to Sanghyuk and he didn't even get to give a smile or listen to Sanghyuk's 'friend' answer, when he suddenly being pulled and hide behind Sanghyuk's huge body. "Hyuk-ah... why?" Hakyeon peeks from behind and saw the man is looking at him, and Sanghyuk isn't smiling either. Its not the first time to see Sanghyuk's getting mad, but for him to be this defensive, Hakyeon suddenly feel so scared if they throwing fist to each other publicly.

"I don't know what you want from me again since you got to go to the national tournament instead of me. I would be glad if you stay away from me," Hyuk claimed, but he earned a chuckle from the man.

"And I don't think I could do that, when you have a pretty boy with you over there," he winks at Hakyeon who's hiding behind Sanghyuk and Hakyeon can feel the tight grip of his wrist, protective.

"I would be glad if you stay away from me and my friend here, Jung Taekwoon,"

"I can't do that. Hakyeon is it? Sanghyuk talked about you a lot. I'll see you around in school," the man called Taekwoon smirks at Hyuk and again winks over Hakyeon, before walk away at ease. Sanghyuk finally released the grip of him on Hakyeon, resulting Hakyeon to sigh in relief because of the pain. He observes the red line on his wrist, it was hella tight because Hakyeon is just small and he was held by the huge Sanghyuk. That hands of Han Sanghyuk could break his arms in a matter of seconds though and he wa scared for his life just now, listening to the tone that he hardly can hear before.

Sanghyuk was never that mad before and he wonders who was the guy before until Sanghyuk becomes that defensive and even hid him behind. Looking at Hakyeon, Hyuk finally realized that he was accidentally hurt his friends. "Oh god, I'm so sorry Hakyeon! I didn't realize that you were hurting. I'm sorry!" he grabs the hand and blow the pain on Hakyeon's wrist. 

"That's okay Hyuk-ah. Bu-but are you okay? You still wanna play or go home now? Because you look not in the mood," 

"I'm okay. I was just... I'll tell you about him later. Its something about last year," sighing, Sanghyuk gives him a small smile to ensure that he's okay. 

"Okay! But now you have to buy me lunch, loser," Hakyeon giggles in tease because Sanghyuk lost in their bettings.