Ep 5- Heartache

He's my bodyguard, She's my star

 

(In Kahi's office)

~Because of you- After school~song fades in~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8983EZGqDE&feature=related

Uee paused for a moment and the room was in complete silence. Misery was written on her face and her eyes became teary. She took a deep breath and pursed her lips...

UE: "Let me think about it."
Uee walked out of the office with her teary eyes. She shivers as images kept flashing in her head and she holds on to the walls and railings to keep her balance as she walks shakily to the carpark.

~song fades out~

(In the carpark)

Meanwhile, Chansung went back to the carpark after he left Kahi's office and when he was walking to his car, he sensed that he was being followed. He purposely passed his car and took the other direction. He fastens his pace and made a quick turn at the corner and quietly slides and hides behind one of the pillars. Chansung could hear light footsteps coming to his way; he clenched his fists and was ready for action. 
Once he saw the man's shadow casted on the floor right in front of him, he swiftly popped out from behind the pillar and using his right fist, he gave a heavy punch on the man's eye.

"OUCH!!"
CS: "Wooyoung-ish?"
WY: "Argh... Chansung ah... What are you doing?" (Wooyoung cried in pain covering his bruised eye)
CS: "Yah! You should blame yourself. Why are you behaving like a thief from behind?"
WY: "Yah! Is this how you treat your buddy?"
CS: "You know my fists don't have eyes... Anyway I'm sorry. Ok?"

Wooyoung put his left arm around Chansung's shoulder and smile sheepishly...
WY: "...Chansung ah I'll forgive you but you need to do me a favor..." 
CS: "What is it?"
WY: "Only the five of us know you are now working on that secret mission but I didn't know you were actually plant as Uee-ish's bodyguard!"
CS: "Yah Wooyoung-ish, is this the right time talking about this?"
WY: "Please Chansung ah... Just help me get an autograph from her."
CS: "What??"
"RING! RING!"
WY: "...Yes. Yes Sir!"
WY: "Chansung ah I need to go now. So I'll wait for your good news!"
CS: "Yah! Wooyoung-ish!"
WY: "You owe me this!" (Wooyoung ran off while pointing on his bruised eye)

Chansung left with no choice and headed back to his car. He was walking while suddenly...

"BEEP!!..."
There was a loud honk and the car seems to almost knock onto someone. The driver pulls-over the car and wind down the window.
“Look where you are going Miss!” The man shouted. 
And when the car droves off, Chansung saw Uee sitting motionlessly on the ground and rushed over to her.

CS: “Are you alright? Did you hurt anywhere?”
UE: “…”

~This song- 2am~song fades in~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK7pNZjxB0E&feature=related

Chansung held Uee up and bring her into the car. Once they sat in, Uee couldn’t hold back her tears anymore and tears started rolling down her cheeks continuously. She tried using her hands to cover from the crying sound she made but Chansung already saw everything on his rear-view mirror and this sight of her made his heart ache. 
When they reached the mansion, Uee dashed straight into her bedroom without a single word from her.

“RING!”
CS: “Hello?”
LZ: “Hello! How is Uee unnie? We are all worried.”
CS: “You are…?”
LZ: “Oh! Hi I’m Lizzy…haha… you know, we just met this morning and I got your number from Manager Park. Haha”
CS: “…Orh…Miss Uee doesn’t look ok and she just went in her room.”
LZ: “Oh dear…Then would you please take good care of her?”
CS: “…I’ll try…”
LZ: “Thank you then, bye!”

For one second, Chansung thought to himself and place his right palm on his chest. “Strange. Why would I feel heartache?”

~song fades out~

(Chairman Kim’s Office)
Chairman Joo (CJ): “Hello. Is this Chairman Kim?”
CK: “Hello? Yah…Yong Gun, there’s no need to be so formal with me.”
CJ: “Hahaha… Jin Young hyung, your status now is so much different compare to 19years ago…”
CK: “Hahaha… Yah, Yong Gun but we are still our same old selves aren’t we?”
CJ: “AH… Jin Young hyung how can we still be the same? We are now influential people doing legal businesses.”
CK: “Orh… Ya that’s right!”
CJ: “So have your grand daughter agreed with the proposal I made earlier on about the charity thing?”
CK: “Oh… that I haven’t got any answer from her manager yet.”
CJ: “Jin Young hyung, you should know I need this kind of exposure for helping me in my future business here. And if this project goes ahead well then I’m sure there will be bigger projects we can do together. And you should know now I have got many businesses going on in the States.”
CK: “Yes of course I know this is a win-win situation. Yong Gun, you just rest assure I’ll have good news soon. Hahaha…”
CJ: “Hahaha…”

(Chairman Kim’s Mansion)

Chansung sat in the living room and looked at the antique clock on the wall. Its ten o’clock at night and Uee haven’t walked out of her room nor had any meals at all. Chansung stood up and began walking around the living room looking at the photos hanging on the walls. He saw graduation photos of Uee while she was in her college days and photos of her with Chairman Kim. But it was kind of strange that there were no photographs of Uee when she was a baby or any photos of her parents and just at this moment, a hoarse voice came from behind.
“Isn’t she pretty?”

Chansung looked back. It was Chairman Kim and it’s also the first time they met face to face. Chairman Kim’s grey hair and wrinkles made him no difference from any other old man but his set of evil deep cunning eyes could tell that he is someone with many despicable secrets behind.
Being respectful to an elderly, Chansung made a bow and greeted him.
CS: “Good evening Mr Chairman Kim.”
CK: “Orh. Good evening. I know you. You are Uee’s new bodyguard and you are Chan…?”
CS: “I’m Hwang Chansung”
CK: “Oh ya! Chansung, Chansung…” “A very unique name haha. I’ll remember that.”
CK: “Oh…Where is Uee?”
CS: “She has been in her room the whole day without having any meals.”
CK: “Really?…Arh…That silly girl.”
CS: “…”
CK: “By the way we have prepared a room for you, so you should just stay here and take good care of Uee. Understand?”
CS: “Yes. Thank you very much.”
CK: “Ah…Hahaha…We are like family.”
Chansung gave a faint smile. And Chairman Kim patted on his shoulders with an insidious smile on his face
CK: “Yah…Chansung, you should go have your rest now. I need to have a talk with Uee.”

Chansung pretended to walk away and he hides himself behind the walls to eavesdrop their conversation.

Chairman Kim knocks onto the door.
CK: “My sweetheart grand daughter, why are you hiding inside?”
UE: “I’m fine.”
CK: “I’ve heard that you didn’t agree to the proposal yet.”
UE: “You mean you know?”
CK: “It’s your Uncle Joo’s idea and it’s for charity.”
UE: “I know but… but why must it be there?”
CK: “It has been for so long and you still couldn’t get over it? Anyway I have already given Uncle Joo an answer. So you better stop throwing your tantrums and get yourself prepared for tomorrows’ interview with the reporters.”
UE: “NO! I’M NOT DOING IT!” (Uee shouted as she cries)

Chansung was startled by this. He couldn’t figure out why Uee reacted like this and why she strongly rejected this proposal. And why is Chairman Kim being so harsh on her.

“Beep…beep…”
Chansung received a message and it says:
“Meet me at the pier.”

(At the Pier)

The wind is strong and there were groups of people fishing and some barbequing. Within the crowd, a man dressed in his sweaters and Bermudas and was wearing black bold-frame spectacles. He leans on the railings and enjoys his cup of coffee while waiting. After a while, Chansung came but he sat on one of the benches a few meters away back facing the man.

CS: “Wow… This is really a nice place for meet ups.”
JS: “I used to bring my dates here. Anyway, is there any progress?”
CS: “Well princess Uee just had a quarrel with Chairman Kim. And I’ve over heard they mention something about Chairman Joo.”
JS: “Chairman Joo? He must be Joo Yong Gun. One of the suspected accomplice and I’ve just received news today that he just came back from the States with his son.”
CS: “So I guess they must be planning for something.”
JS: “So what else did you find out?”
CS: “I heard Chairman Joo is proposing something for Uee and there is going to be a interview with the reporters tomorrow.”
JS: “Really? That’s good. So I will plan something for tomorrows’ interview and you just do your part understand?”
CS: “Yes hyung. Oh and by the way they prepared a room for me and right now I’ll be staying in the mansion.”
JS: “That’s great! This is the best chance!”
CS: “Ya…I know.”
JS: “So anything else?”
CS: “Hyung, this is only my first day of work and what do you expect?”
JS: “Oh hahaha… I almost had forgotten.”
CS: “…Hyung.”
JS: “Yes?”
CS: “It’s kinda strange that I feel my heart was aching today.”
JS: “Huh? You mean a heart attack?”
CS: “No… It’s not a heart attack but after that major operation 2years ago, this heart has been ok. And now it started to have some side effects.”
JS: “Chansung ah, this isn’t small matter. I think you should visit the doctor within this few days.”
CS: “…I will do so.” (Chansung nodded and took a deep breath of the fresh air)