Thank. You.

Same Old, Same Old

four

[][][]

 

Dahyun could feel the snarky response crawling up as she eyes the girl. She would've let it fall out of had it not have been for a throbbing pain appearing at her shin. Her eyes darts to her best friend sitting across from her, eyes practically screaming: Shut the up.

 

"Our apologies Miss, my friend and I were just having a heated discussion, and we didn't expect it to get so out of hand," Chaeyoung explains, trying to deescalate the situation and prevent any further mishaps.

 

The cheerleader shoots Chaeyoung an appreciative smile, leaving a slight blush on the younger's face. "Thank you!" She bows before taking her leave. 

 

Dahyun silently crosses her arms and lets out a huff. "You like her."

 

Chaeyoung widens her eyes, "No, I don't!"

 

"Yes, you do." Dahyun smirks, "Don't lie to me... you're bad at that." She takes a sip from her tea, and quirks a brow at her friend, encouraging her to tell the truth.

 

Her best friend lets out a sigh and looks down. "I guess... I am interested in her?" There's a slight silence before she speaks up again, "You're not mad?"

 

"Mad? Why would I be?"

 

"You hate cheerleaders. Minari is a cheerleader."

 

Dahyun shrugs, "If you like her... you like her. I may hate cheerleaders, but I love my friends more." She gives a reassuring smile, but silently wonders to herself the extent of Chaeyoung and Mina's relationship. Especially with the cute nickname of 'Minari'... but she won't question it for now. 

 

Honestly, she's happy if Chaeyoung's happy. Sure, she has an uncontrollable grudge against the popular clique, but she's willing to overlook it for her best friend. Well- overlook and forgive the rage towards this specific one at least. 

 

"Mina's nice, Chaeng. So, I'm happy for you..." Dahyun continues, "But, are you guys together?"

 

"Well..."

 

"Well?"

 

"It's complicated..." Chaeyoung starts, "I like her... but I don't really know if she'd reciprocate it."

 

"Why wouldn't she?"

 

"She's a cheerleader... She might just see me as a friend..." Chaeyoung sighs and slightly slouches in her chair, "Or, is ultimately interested in someone else... I'm not that great, Dubs."

 

Dahyun frowns, leaning forward and pokes the younger's forehead. "You're amazing, Chaeng... Even if you say the wrong 'caramel', you are extraordinary!" Dahyun leans back and shakes her head, "And, I never want to hear you speak any less of yourself. Okay?"

 

It was silent for a few moment before the girl speaks. "That was gross."

 

"I know."

 

"Thank you."

 

[][][]

 

A/N : Please excuse any mistakes, this was not checked and was written while I was playing games and watching videos. LOL!

 

Hello! It's been a while hasn't it? 

 

I'm not going to lie, I have completely lost my fire for writing. Just very exhausted...

 

However, I saw someone's comment, and it really motivated me to continue this story! As for my other ones... It is still up in the air :).

 

I will see if I can finish this story! It's fairly short and still enjoyable to make. Hopefully will get back into it!

Anyways, until next time?