Absolutely. Dreadful.

Same Old, Same Old

 

one

[][][]

 

Now- it could be considered a quiet morning- emphasis on the could part. But, instead, she, Kim Dahyun, finds herself waking up to her childhood best friend, Son Chaeyoung, shouting outside her bedroom window at 7:30 in the morning.

 

"Kim Dahyun! Get your out of bed or else we're going to be late for school!" Chaeyoung's voice booms throughout Dahyun's room. "It's the first day, Dubu! I know you're trying to seem all cool and seem like you're giving less than two s, but we both know damn well that you care about your academic career."

 

That's right. It's the first day of school. The first day of her junior year. Another day in what's basically hell with 179 days coming after it.

 

But it's always the same year after year. Dahyun wanted a change of pace at first, maybe becoming someone rebellious, but in her heart, she knows it's not possible. Too much stress and worries about other people's thoughts, specifically what her parents might think of her, or specifically what they're capable of doing to her.

 

Dahyun scoffs at her friend's comment as she slowly crawls out from under her covers.

 

"God. I hate when she's right," She mumbles to herself, already dreading the day ahead.

 

[][][]

 

The very reason Dahyun despises school stands right in front of her, surrounded by her following of cheerleaders and jocks. The most popular, well-known girl at school. The one, the only, Minatozaki Sana. Whom Dahyun considers as Satan, ruling the very halls called 'school'. Everything practically under her control. 

 

New year, new classes- yet it's exactly like the years prior, Dahyun shares some classes with her. Nothing new. 

 

Their laughs ring through the classroom as students start filing in. Dahyun eyes Chaeyoung sitting next to her, hoping to start a conversation, only to realize the girl was busy ogling the popular kids herself.

 

Of course.

Same old. Same old.

 

[][][]

 

 

Classes went on as it did the years before. The teachers presenting a slideshow, talking about their personal lives, then later covering classroom expectations, ending with - of course - passing out the class syllabus.

 

Thankfully, she had the luxury of sitting near the back for the majority of her classes, and if her back wasn't against the wall, it would only be a row away from her. Not only that, but she only has to deal with Satan for one class. One fifty minute class period, five days a week.

 

Unfortunately, the very class that she has to deal with not having the wall to her back is the same class she shares with the majority of the cheerleaders and jocks, and if her luck could be any worse, Satan herself sits directly behind her. 

 

Making one fifty-minute class period, five days a week- absolutely dreadful.

 

[][][]

 

A/ N: i think the chapters will be short, but long enough to get some sort of character development out and progress in the story, of course.

most likely will get longer in the future, but idk

i hope this is enough to help you guys characterize Dahyun. if not, i'll have to be blunter, i guess.

 

also, thoughts on michaeng for the foreseeable future?