Stupid. Cheerleaders.

Same Old, Same Old

two

[][][]

 

Dahyun waits for Chaeyoung at her car. The student parking lot was practically empty. The few cars that remained belonged to the students that participating in after-school activities. 

 

It’s not a surprise club sports are already hard-at-work on the first day back. JYP High, like all the other high schools around Seoul, would do anything for the number one spot in all categories.

 

A couple of minutes pass with no sign of her smaller friend. Dahyun lets out a sigh, taking out her phone to occupy herself with.

 

She does a check-in on her social timelines, seeing only posts about how much people missed each other over break, and of course, how much they’re looking forward to the new school year.

 

Lies.

 

She scrolled far enough to see a post from one of her former friend, Tzuyu. Former only because of how far apart they’ve grown, which was a complete shame. She liked the younger girl.

 

Until she changed. Dahyun should’ve guessed it, they always change. Sure, they promised one another to stay in touch and keep each other updated in their lives, but soon their daily meetups slowly evaporated into nothingness. Only keeping in touch here and there, or if either one was in need of the homework for certain classes, etc. 

 

Over the summer, they tried to bring back the old times, which Dahyun looked forward to greatly. Only to see how different she was.

 

It was like Minatozaki all over again. 

 

The picture was one of the cheerleaders with the caption that was most likely written by someone other than Tzuyu. It was too bold and out-going for that girl. If they were still friends, Dahyun would’ve taken it as a sign for help. 

 

“Oh, Tzuyu. Why, oh why did you have to go to the dark side,” Dahyun asks herself, continuing to scroll through her feed. No point in staring at a picture with all the people she despises. 

 

She hears a laugh. One that was too cute and too high pitched for it to be Chaeyoung. One that instantly made her eyes dart away from her phone and into a sea of brown. One that also twisted her stomach to realize that she called it cute at first. 

 

“The ‘Dark Side’, Dahyunnie?” 

 

“Don’t call me that, Minatozaki,” Dahyun spits out at the sight of the head cheerleader. "But. Yes. The 'Dark Side.'" Dahyun says, maintaining eye contact with the older girl, trying to mentally signal to her a gigantic '-off'.

 

The older girl giggles. "Why's that, Dahyunnie?" She asks, giving the younger girl a smile Dahyun would compare to Satan's- Oh wait. Minatozaki Sana is Satan. 

 

Dahyun stores her phone away into her back jean's pocket, rolling her eyes. "You know why, Minatozaki," She responds, "I only let you call me that when we were friends. Last I checked, we're no longer friends," Dahyun finishes, she could feel her wall cracking the longer she talked to the cheerleader captain. She didn't like it, being weak, seeming weak. 

 

Weakness is an enemy, and like all enemies- She can't let them win.

 

The two simply stared at one another in silence, awaiting for the other to say something. Sana smirks, "Whatever you say, Dahyun." The cheerleader pauses, "I have no other reason to talk to irrelevant people then," She says as she raises her brow for a split second, falling into pursed lips turned in a smile. Sana turns on her heel, and sashays away, leaving Dahyun glaring at her backside with squinted eyes.

 

Stupid cheerleaders.

 

[][][]

 

A/ N: not going to lie, idk where I'm taking this story! LOL!
and i promised myself that i'd have this planned. oh, the new years- why do you have to be a human construct?!

anyways.

thank you guys for the comment, subs, and upvotes! was not necessary and i didn't do anything to deserve it, but still! thank you guys so much!

 

anyways, i have to update my other story,

 

ciao~