Unspoken Truth

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

I strode towards the elevator and hurriedly pressed the down button. I left Bom at the cafeteria without letting her finish what she has to say. I have to, if not she will only have the chance to interrogate me and I don't have the courage to tell her everything yet. Not now. Not until I figure out what to do.

 

I immediately sent a message to Seven telling him that I will be cutting hours this morning and will be back after lunchtime. I told him it’s an emergency that I needed to attend to. That's the only reason I can give for him to allow me to cut hours. He's a happy go lucky type of person but he's strict when it comes to time management so I have to lie about this. Well, I didn't exactly lie for I consider this as an emergency. The moment she called me; I knew that I just have to meet her. No questions asked.

 

My train of thought was put to a halt when I heard the ding sound of the elevator. I immediately hopped in and waited for it to send me down to the ground floor. It took me a while and when I reached the ground, I hastily made my way to the exit door of the building. I waited right in front where the cars usually pull over to drop their passengers. She said she'll be here any moment soon.

 

Minutes passed and I was checking my phone from time to time to see if she sends me a message. The nervousness started to build up inside me just thinking about how this will turn out. I don't know what will happen, I just hope that it's for the better.

 

I was busy looking at my phone when a black limousine suddenly parked in front of me. I stepped back as I recognized it. The driver went out of the car and hurriedly open the door for me.

 

"Ms. Dara. She's inside." He said and I immediately bowed to him to show respect before getting inside the car. He closes the door and there I found the person behind the phone call I had earlier.

 

"Good Morning Dara. How are you?" She greeted.

 

"Good Morning, Mrs. Kwon." I greeted back as I meet her eyes. Oh God. Please. Help me.

 

————————

 

3rd PERSON'S POV

 

Shin-yang was walking towards his office as his men greeted him along the way which he failed to notice. Almost all eyes are on him, puzzled because of the different aura he's currently displaying. No one even dared to approach him the moment he entered their headquarters for they are afraid that they might get scolded once they do.

 

He was practically dragging his feet as he entered his own office. Placing his bag on the couch near his desk, he began to scan the room, memorizing every corner as he stands tall in the middle. For the longest time, this has been his second home. His sanctuary whenever he wants to be alone and think. All those years, this room became his hiding place. Away from the pain, away from all the sadness the past had brought upon him. He's very grateful of the Kwons for giving him the chance to somehow move on from the darkness he's been running away from. But now, everything will change. What happened last night will totally change the way everything goes.

 

He slowly walked towards his desk and sat on his swivel chair. Flashes of events that happened last night invaded his mind like a wildfire. What he said to her daughter wasn't really entirely true. There were times that he noticed the kind of treatment they shared with each other which is very uncommon to siblings. It did cross his mind that the two have something special going on between them but he just shrugged it off for it will be very impossible because of their social status in life. Taking from his own experience, two poles from different sides of the world cannot meet and if the stubborn fate permits them, it will only create difficult obstacles that will only result to pain and sufferings. In his case, left alone in the dark and sadness. But despite the trials he encountered, he still considered himself lucky for behind the darkness that almost crashed him, there was a light that showed him the way at the end of the tunnel. The light that brought hope in his life, the happiness he can never compare to anything in the world. His only daughter.

 

His train of thoughts got interrupted when he suddenly heard a loud ringing coming from his phone. He stared at the screen for a few seconds before finally deciding to answer the call from an unknown number.

 

"Yeoboseyo?" He greeted and waited for the person to speak up. Instead of a voice, he can only hear a soft breathing coming from the other line. "Speak up or I'll hung up this phone."

 

He waited for a few more seconds but the caller still chooses to be silent. Running out of patience, he loudly sighed on the phone speaker and was about to hung up when he finally heard the voice of the last person he wanted to hear. "Shin-yang..."He got goosebumps all over his body the moment he heard the voice. The voice he so longingly wants to hear before but wants to avoid right now. "S-Shin-yang...A-Are you there?"

 

"What do you want?" He hissed, intentionally raising his voice to send a message that he doesn't want to talk.

 

"Please Shin-yang, don't be like this." The woman on the other line pleaded but it has only fallen to deaf ears.

 

He straightened up from his chair before pressing the phone back against his ear. "The answer is still no Yejin! How many times do I have to tell you that you can't get her from me?".

 

"But I only want what's best for her. Please giv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter