The Date

My Mortal Enemy #143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DARA'S POV

 

 

I heard the sound of my alarm resonated around my room as the morning comes. I usually hate the sound of it but today is different. I woke up in a very light mood that the smile isn't leaving my face. I'm not yet crazy guys if that's what you're thinking, I'm just simply happy.

 

 

Since we don't have classes or should I say work today, I decided to stay on my bed and enjoy my soft fluffy pillows while reminiscing what happened last night. It was so surreal. I can't believe Jiyong and I are together now. I mean my long-time mortal enemy is now my b- boyfri... Sorry, I'm still not used to it though. He is now my boyfriend. There. I said it. Gosh, why is it so hard to say it though just the thought of it makes the butterflies in my stomach dance in delight. It's so weird, I know.

 

 

I already told Bom as soon as I got home about the news last night and she was ecstatic. The squealing she did when I told her we already confessed our feelings were nothing compared to her squealing last night. I'm relieved that she's happy for me knowing that she somehow hated Jiyong before. I know she just wants the best for me and I love her for that.

 

 

I was still on my bed daydreaming when I suddenly heard my phone beeped. I stretched my arms to get my phone on my bedside table and check who sent me a text message. My lips automatically stretched into a wide grin when I saw his name on my screen.

 

 

From: Jiyong (Yup! I already changed his name on my phone to his real name kekekek)

 

 

Good Morning beautiful. Are you up already?

 

 

OMG! Did he just call me beautiful? I mean I know it's not true and that he's just saying that to make me feel good but it still makes me feel giddy reading it.

 

 

From: Me

 

 

Yup.

 

 

What? Should I tell him he's handsome too?

 

 

From: Jiyong

 

 

Really?! Three letter word?

 

 

From: Me

 

 

What do you want me to say then?

 

 

From: Jiyong

 

 

You could have told me I'm handsome too. (>.<)

 

 

What the heck is that? Is that an emoticon? What he said would have made my brows rose up but adding an emoticon makes him look cute. Aisht! You got me there.

 

 

From: Me

 

 

Fine, Good Morning to you too handsome dragon. What can I do for you?

 

 

I replied and waited for his response, the smile still not leaving my face.

 

 

From: Jiyong

 

 

That's better. c",) Get up and prepare. Let's go out.

 

 

I can feel heat crawled up in my cheeks the moment I read that. Is he asking me out on a date? I mean, if he is then this is going to be the first date that we're officially together. I sat up straight and stared at the message he sent me. What should I reply? Maybe it took long enough that he wasn't able to wait for my response that seconds later, I saw his name flashing on my screen. Omg! He's calling me! He's calling me! Aigoo! Why am I acting as if this is the first time he called me?

 

 

"Y-Yeoboseyo?" I answered; my voice still raspy.

 

 

"Hi. Uhm...Are you busy today? You want to go out?" He asked. I smiled at the thought of him getting all shy though I can't see him.

 

 

"Yes, I'm busy. I have lots of things to do today." I joked as I stifled my laugh, careful not to let him hear it.

 

 

"Oh, I see." He said somberly. "Ok, Goodluck. Just let me know when you're free." He said and was about to hang up the phone when I immediately stop him.

 

 

"Just kidding. I'm always free when it comes to you." I answered and though I can't see my face, I know it's as red as a tomato. I mean, did I just say that? "Hello? Still there?" I asked when I only heard nothing but silence.

 

 

"Y-Yes, I'm still here. It's just... hearing you say that makes me happy. You make me happy Dara." He uttered those words in a serious tone. It made my heart jump inside my chest because that is exactly what I'm feeling right now. I'm glad we feel the same.

 

 

"You make me happy too Jiyong. Except when you're being a jerk, that's a different story." I said and that made us both laugh. We hung up the phone and went to the bathroom to get ready. I forgot to ask him where we're going but I don't care, I'm really excited to care.

 

 

——————

 

 

I was checking myself in the mirror, twirling left and right to see if I'm wearing the right attire for today. Jiyong didn't tell me where we're going so, I wore something that fits any occasion. It's a simple white summer dress that hangs just above my knee. I wore a blue bolero that matches the dress and to bring color to it. I was thinking of putting on some makeup but since I don't know how to, I’ll just let my face look bare.

 

 

I heard my phone beeped and when I checked it, Jiyong's name popped out of the screen. He informed me that he's ready and he'll fetch me here if I am. I sent a reply telling him that I'm done as well before going downstairs. Appa isn't here. He's with Mr. Kwon on a business trip settling some problems that occur two weeks ago. Speaking of, I haven't told him anything yet about my relationship with Jiyong. It's not that I'm keeping secrets from him, no. That's one thing I promised myself not to do to him. I just thought that it's not yet the right time since he's busy with work. Plus, the timing isn't good because of what happened at Mrs. Kwon's birthday party. He still hasn't told me what happened that night and I don't want to ask him for he might get angry again. I'm just gonna have to wait for him to tell me.

 

 

I got startled when I heard a knock from the door. It must be Jiyong. I suddenly got nervous, my palms getting sweaty and my stomach is churning badly. Ghad, this is nerve-wracking.

 

 

I strode towards the door but before I opened it, I ran my palms to smooth my hair and checked my dress for any wrinkles. When I was sure that I looked fine, I twisted the knob and pulled the door open and must I tell you, my jaw literally dropped when I saw Jiyong standing in front of our door looking stunning as ever. He's wearing a blue long sleeve sweatshirt and plain white pants.

 

 

"Hi!" He greeted while wearing his sweet smile.

 

 

"H-Hi." I greeted back; nervousness evident in my voice.

 

 

He stared at me and then at the dress I'm wearing. "Hey, we matched." He said, his smile widening. That's when I noticed that our get up really does match. If someone sees us, they would think that we planned on wearing the same outfit for today.

 

 

"Oh. I didn't know you'd be wearing that. Will you wait for me? I'll just go change and..."

 

 

"No!" He cut me off and abruptly held my wrist to stop me. "I like it that way." He said before checking his own choice of clothes and shifted his gaze back to me. "Plus, you look great on your dress. I like it."

 

 

"R-Really?" There goes my stuttering again. I suddenly became conscious when he held my gaze intently for I don't know how long until I averted my eyes to somewhere else.

 

 

"Yes. Really." He stepped forward and I was taken aback when he suddenly extended his right arm and offered it to me. "Cling." I heard him say and that caught me off guard. I looked at him and then to his arm and stared back at him again looking dazed. Yes, people. I'm kind of confused with myself too if that's what you want to ask. He waited for me to cling to his arm but when I didn’t move an inch, he suddenly held my hand and hooked it around his arm securely. "Let's go?" He asked and I just nodded in response, my heart jumping inside my chest. If this continues 'till the end of the day, I think I’ll be in my death bed because of a major heart attack.

 

 

—————

 

 

"Amusement park?" I asked the moment we arrived at our destination. I looked at him incredibly as he flashed his smug grin.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter