Chapter 6 What's your Story Part2

Is it destiny?

 

After laughing at stupid jokes meant to liven up the mood, Sul Hwa decided to ask the question that was wandering in her mind. After they stopped laughing, the doll-faced girl thought that it was the time to ask:

-And... what is your story? Why do you live in a place like this? And...where are your parents? – asked the girl scared that she’s butting her nose at things she should.

 

-I guess it’s my turn- laughed the young man.

 

-Yeah.... – said the model, still unsure whether it was alright for her to ask and afraid of the answers she might receive.

 

-Well I’m a son of a rich family even thought you can’t say by looking. – laughed the rocker.

 

-Really?! – asked the girl surprised.

 

-Yeah. My parents are in the holding a really big company. I only know that it’s something about programming or something along these lines – said the boy laughing – I never got interested in these things so I don’t really care.

 

-You don’t know what’s your parent’s job? Seriously? –amazed the girl asked.

 

-Hahaha, yeah. I know it’s surprising buuuuut I don’t know. The only thing I know is that I love music. Ever since I was little, all I was interested in was music. – said the young man with a tone full of love. – Aaand when I grew up I said to my parents that I won’t be taking my father’s place and became the head of the company. They understood. I was quite surprised at their reaction. I expected them to be against me becoming a musician, but they said that they knew it for a long time so they weren’t surprised.

 

-I wish my parents were like yours. – sighted the girl.

 

-Hahaha. I’m glad they weren’t like mine.

 

-Why? – said the girl a little annoyed looking down from the bed to see the boy.

 

-Because if they were, I wouldn’t have met you. – theboy looked up towards the doll-faced girl. The model blushed lightly and returned to her place, once again facing the ceiling.

 

-Continue. – said the girl sulking like a little child. After the boy chuckled he continued.

 

-They sent me to the best art’s school and college. And after I graduated I decided to leave them and start from the zero. To became the best musician without my parent’s help and money. Or maybe I can become an actor. Don’t you think I have talent? – while saying the last part the rocker laughed.

 

-Yeah. The “best” one. –the girl laughed.

 

-YAH!! I’m serious!! – Geuk Suk started to sulk after hearing his girlfriend’s answer.

 

-I’m serious, too. – laughed once again the girl – But I admire you for what you are doing. I’m serious.

 

-Thanks. By the way, why didn’t you want to marry that person your parents wanted you marry? Was he fat as a whale? Or ugly as a zombie? Or both? – laughed the young man.

 

-I don’t know. I never wanted to see him or know about him. – said the girl annoyed at the guy who she was blaming for the bad things that had happened to her.

 

-Ah... I see. – said the boy – I kind of know how you feel. My parents asked of me to marry a girl I have never seen but... I didn’t mind...

 

-You serious? You’ll waste your right to find your true love just because your parents? – exclaimed the girl angrily.

 

-Calm down. We never met. I have never seen her, because the engagement was canceled.

 

-Really? Hahahaha. I guess she was a picture of you and run away. – the doll-like girl started laughing.

 

-It’s not funny. – the boy started to sulk.

 

-You’re wrong. It is. – the girl was laughing so much that her face reddened.

 

-YAH!!! Stop it!! If she had seen me, she wouldn’t have “run away” like you said. – said the rocker suddenly sitting and crossing his hands in front of his chest still sulking.

 

-No, you’re wrong. If she had seen your face she would have taken the first flight towards a distant place where no one could find her and hide from you. – said the girl still laughing.

 

-YAH!! That’s not true!! I’m quite handsome!! Who would run from a man with my looks? – said the rocker feeling offended by the doll-faced girl’s words.

 

-I would. –and by saying these two words the model started to roll while laughing.

 

-Stop it, now!! Or i’ll sleep in the bed next to you and I promise to hug you all night long. –threatened the boy. When hearing his thereat, the girl stopped laughing on the second and became serious.

 

-Ok, ok. I’ll stop. Let’s not go to extremes, ok? – panicked the girl when she heard the threats of the boy.

 

-Well, if you ask me these things are rewards. I have no idea why take them as punishments. –said the rocker pretending to be innocent.

 

-Let’s drop that topic. Ok? – said the girl with a tone that you could usually hear in the movies when a cop is trying to convince a criminal to put the gun down.

 

-Ok – answered the boy playfully.

 

-By the way... there is one thing I still don’t get. Why did you decided to speak to me yesterday when I was sitting on the bench?

 

-Because you looked really interesting. And I know what your other question is: “Why do you want me to be your girlfriend?”. The answer is: “because you aren’t what you look like. You are more interesting and not one of those boring girls that think only for their appearance”.

 

-I’ll take that as a compliment. – chuckle the girl

 

-It was a compliment – answered the rocker.

 

-Ah, look at the time. When did it get 3:17am? I think that it’s time for us to stop talking and go to sleep. – said Sul Hwa, still amazed how the time had fled while talking with the “idiot”.

 

-I guess you’re right. Good night and sweet dreams. – Geuk Suk smiled.

 

-Good night. – simply answered the doll-faced girl and soon after both of them fall asleep.