Chapter 5

Tempted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Sehun*

Luhan sent Sehun a vague text letting Sehun know he’d be dropping off Joshua, Taehyung, and Jinae for the night, while Zhiyu and Haowen stay over at their friends’ houses. Sehun isn’t sure why, because normally, Luhan wouldn’t just drop them off so last minute. Luhan doesn’t bring them over unless he really has to, because Luhan has told him in so many words that he hates seeing him and hates having to bring their kids around him. It kills Sehun that he can’t see his kids whenever he wants, but when he thinks about it, he didn’t see them much when he was living at home, either. He was a father, picking not only work over his own kids, but favoring a shag with his nurse instead of going home for dinner.

Sehun tidies up the flat, making sure he’s got dinner ready to go by the time the kids come, and have the spare room set up for them to sleep in tonight. As he’s setting the table, the doorbell rings. Sehun slings the dish towel over his shoulder and heads to the door. When he opens it, Joshua gives him a toothy grin, some of his teeth finally popping out. He waves his chubby hand at him and Sehun smiles at him, picking him out of Luhan’ arms and hugging him.

“Hi, baby! I’ve missed you so much!” Sehun coos, kissing his cheek wetly. He greets Jinae and Taehyung with hugs and kisses and tells them to go wait for him in the kitchen and he’ll be right there with dinner. He looks at Luhan and gives him a once over, offering him a small smile. “Hey. Wow, you look nice. Are you going somewhere?”

Luhan doesn’t smile back. “Not that it’s any of your business, but I’m going on a date.”

Sehun nearly chokes. “You’re…you’re going on a—date? You’re dating?”

“Well, Kyungsoo set me up with someone from work. Wouldn’t necessarily call it dating, just a first date.”

“Oh. Um, that’s…great,” Sehun swallows. “You’ll pick them up tomorrow, then?”

“Yup,” Luhan says coldly. “Problem? Expecting company?”

“No, no, I’m not. I’m glad they’re staying over. I’ve got everything ready for them,” Sehun tries to amend.

“I’ll have my cell on me if you need anything.”

“Okay.”

“Let me just say goodbye to them,” Luhan pushes past Sehun and goes into the kitchen. Sehun follows them, bouncing Joshua on his way. Luhan kisses Jinae and Taehyung and tells them to be good and he’ll be back first thing in the morning to get him. He makes it sound like it’s torture to spend time with Sehun, like they don’t want to be here. It stings.

“So, um, have fun tonight,” Sehun says as Luhan opens the front door. Sehun feels like a small child, curling in on himself, trying to keep his emotions at bay. He can’t analyze this right now. After the kids are asleep, he’ll sit down and think about it, but not now. He’s got his kids with him, and he wants to enjoy that. He’s trying to make up for lost time.

“Thanks,” Luhan says shortly. That’s it. Nothing more is said, and Sehun hates what he’s done to their relationship.

“So, I’ll see you tomorrow, then. You don’t have to rush to get them, I was going to make breakfast and stuff for them, maybe take them to the park. Weather is supposed to be nice. You can come, if you want,” Sehun tries to keep the desperation out of his voice.

“Maybe,” Luhan shrugs. “We’ll see. I’ll text you to let you know.”

“Yeah, sure. You look…really great, by the way. Your date is very lucky,” Sehun says softly.

“Thanks,” Luhan says, and Sehun can see his cheeks go just a bit pink. He tries not to get too excited. “I should go.”

“Yeah, alright. Bye, Lu.”

Luhan waves and walks out of the house. Sehun sighs as he closes the door. He’s going to focus on his kids and enjoy their night together, though. This is not going to bring his mood down. Not yet, at least.

They enjoy a nice dinner together, Sehun feeding Joshua and himself in intervals. He thinks they’re too young to really get what’s happening, so it’s not awkward or uncomfortable. They’re their normal selves, happy and chatting away. Zhiyu and Haowen are the ones who hate him. He’s well aware of that.

“Can we watch a movie before bed?” Taehyung asks.

“Yeah, of course, bud. We’ll pick something after dessert.”

“Dessert?” Jinae asks excitedly. Luhan and Sehun have always been good about keeping their kids on a good diet, but for tonight, Sehun is going to allow them each a scoop of frozen yogurt and fresh fruit.

“If you finish all your vegetables,” Sehun grins at her. She sighs dramatically put forks another piece of broccoli and pops it in .

After dinner, Jinae and Taehyung help clean up the table while Sehun gets dessert ready to go. He cuts up strawberries for Taehyung, not wanting to feed him too much refined sugar at this young age.

“You guys are the best for helping out,” Sehun smiles at his kids. “You two definitely deserve ice cream now.”

Taehyung and Jinae cheer as Sehun puts frozen yogurt in their bowls and puts strawberries and a little bit of whipped cream on them both. They dig in quickly, so Sehun takes the opportunity to set Joshua up with his sliced strawberries and allows him to feed himself. He presses a kiss to his forehead and moves to the sink to wash up the dishes. Before he can finish, Jinae is speaking.

“Um, papa?” she asks, fear in her voice.

“Yeah, honey?”

“Josh looks funny,” she says timidly. “I think something is wrong.”

Sehun turns so fast his neck almost snaps. Joshua’s face is puffy and red, lips swollen and hands covered in rashes. He’s having an allergic reaction to the strawberries. His breathing already sounds wheezy. Sehun sprints to the study, grabbing his first aid kit from his desk and pulling out one of the Epi-pens he has. Being a doctor, he knows it’s always a possibility for someone to have a reaction. He just never thought it would be one of his kids.

By the time he runs back, Josh looks even worse. Sehun picks him up out of his highchair quickly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter