Ch.4 A new world

The King's New Concubine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/n: Let us all imagine that Jinyoung wears this hanbok to his first-ever date with the king, but of course he has no idea that it's a date..lol. Poor Jinyoungie.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaebum finished dressing up when he heard eunuch Jia calls out.

"Pyeha...Captain Park Chanyeol is here.."

The door to his room opens up revealing a confused head of military looking at the King wearing a simple dress for the common people. He bows low and greeted the King.

"Captain, I want you to assist me and my lady friend, we are going out of the palace. I don't want a team of guard around so I and my friend can walk around the area in peace." Jaebum instructed the man who nods his head in agreement.

"Of course, I will guard you and make sure you're safe Pyeha." 

"Come on then.."

Jaebum walks on as the tall captain followed him, confused as to why the king is going in the direction of the Jagyeongjeon Hall when it is well known that the place is unoccupied. But Chanyeol kept quiet as he follows his King.

As they get near the place they saw a lady in waiting who bows down to them as soon as she saw the King's party.

"Is she ready?" Jaebum asked Sulli who nods her head.

"Yes Pyeha, Lady Park is ready now and will graciously welcome you inside.." Sulli opens the door and Jaebum confidently walks inside, hoping for the first glimpse of Jinyoung in a traditional dress.

He looks around and his breath hitches on his throat, suddenly have the trouble breathing properly when he saw Jinyoung walks inside the room assisted by Wonhee who is smiling widely, clearly proud of their work. Jinyoung wore a beautiful white hanbok with flower patterns on the hem of his skirt. The design is simple yet it enhances the man's natural beauty as Wonhee did his hair, putting a pin on the side, as she lets the man's long hair loose as was the custom for unmarried young ladies.

'Beautiful.." Jaebum said as he stares at Jinyoung.

Jinyoung coughs awkwardly, not really comfortable with how the man stares at him, but nevertheless, he felt a tiny bit of happiness with the compliment. The hanbok really did look great on his lean frame.

"Thank you.." Jinyoung replied which makes the Captain gasp in surprise.

"Calm down Captain, I am sure Healer Byun will tell you the story later..for now let her be." Jaebum smiled at the hesitant military head.

Being disrespectful, and failure to use a royal's appropriate title is a hideous crime. Jinyoung looks worriedly towards Jaebum.

"Did I do something wrong? Because Chen explained everything to me a while ago but my mind needs a little more time to take all the information in you know.." Jinyoung explains his side, secretly fearing being punished by these crazy people who believe that he came from the sky.

"I repeat, you don't have to worry about anything for now. But I advise you to understand each and every word that Chen says, to me, you can speak informally and I will let you get away from it but to do that in public..let's just say that if I didn't stop Captain Park you will find yourself in the dungeons already, being flogged to death by ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter