Chapter 18

Glistening
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Unnie, you'll really let me love you?"

"Yes. I told you that, didn't I? Let's try…" 

"Let's be together."

 

 

The seasons soon changed to be even colder. All around town, frost grew on windows, snowflakes settled to the ground, and the soft crunch of snow began to appear by people's feet. 

And all through it, every day, the flower shop kept its mysterious brightness. 

The flowers inside came alive. They cooed, because their favourite person was there to gently ruffle their petals a good day, before leaving out the glass doors. She was like their sunshine, and Chorong felt that way too, smiling as Bomi finally skipped to her on the sidewalk, just outside the shop. 

"Ready?" Chorong said, holding a hand out from her warm pocket. 

"Yeah!" Bomi grinned, and it carried with the wind, almost breathless. In her stride, Bomi bypassed Chorong's hand completely and kissed Chorong right on the lips without waiting. Her energy was just as infectious when they first met, doubly as loving, and Chorong could get so disoriented with it. 

But it was a good thing. Great, in fact. Fantastic.

With a proud look, Bomi finally took her hand and walked off with her before Chorong could recollect what she had planned for today's date. "Wait Bbom-ah! Wrong way!"

Though the dates on the calendar went cold, their dates stayed warm and fruitful. 

It was strange, and it was beautiful. Chorong could look at the redness on Bomi's cheeks and know that she has a part in that. The way Bomi's lips curl and her eyes shimmer with a glee just by being with her, just by holding her hand. 

With Bomi now, it always felt like spring. 

 

~ ★ ~

 

Bomi loved to go out any time like this, and with Namjoo being so lenient with her "protecting", she and Chorong could go on dates whenever they wanted. For this date, Chorong took her to an arcade. It was a place she had never been to before, full of physical type games with all these different-sized machines, powered by token coins. The wonder was endless. 

It pulled her along, piece by piece, screen by screen. 

And she could see it all with Chorong. 

"Bbom-ah, here, you'll like this one." 

Hands came down warmly on her shoulders as Chorong steered her around. She wondered why there was a wide grin on Chorong's face, when there was a bubbly game with a character onscreen, a mat on the ground, and…

Suddenly it was all she saw. 

"Oh my God, is it—"

"Yes!"

The excitement just seemed to combust from Bomi before she even got to move. A dance game! She blinked. It was a real thing. It was Chorong who had to usher her in because she'd otherwise just stand there in awe, stuttering. 

With Chorong's encouragement, it was no question. Bomi instantly crouched to the machine to insert the token, hearing it drop inside with a clink and she looked around startled as the character onscreen twirled and approved. It was starting. 

It was faster than she thought. One foot here, one foot there, and a spin as she raised her hand to the air, she followed the idol on screen. A flustered laugh left her, glancing back to see Chorong watching her; their smiles matching and sharing in that joy. 

Hair bouncing freely, dance moves going both sharp and smooth; it was surreal to feel it in her veins again just as it probably was for others to see. 

She didn't think anything of it that when a small crowd gathered and cheered, it surprised her when she turned around. At the end of it all, her eyes went back to Chorong. 

Bomi never really wondered what falling under her seduction powers would be like for the other person, but with a love like this? 

This was what her seduction powers must be like, but at the same time nothing close, because this was so much better. 

Because in simple acts of care and kindness, Chorong made her feel different than anyone else, and how gorgeous it was by Chorong's own free will.

Bomi thanked the sudden attention and waved, when Chorong's fingers gently reached out and mixed with hers as she dropped off the machine. It reminded her that Chorong was there leading her way. The warmth from that feeling alone, folding in over her chest, her heartbeat pulsed in ; Oh, she'd do anything. 

It's why she had been trying to get Chorong out all the time, and make it special for both of them. That's what these exclusive romantic relationships were about, right? Keeping that person warm, keeping that person in the know of how special they mean to you. 

Even if it flutters her chest to find words, wrack her brain of words that could or might impress Chorong… It was in these moments of overwhelming love, she was glad that kisses existed. 

Getting into the photo booth, teasing smiles painted their faces as she pulled Chorong to her with a grip of force. Chorong fell to her lap, and she took the chance with her face buried by her neck, pressing little kisses there to tickle her. 

Tousled in golden hair, hands always losing their grip and smoothing over her jacket. 

Her nose brushed closer to Chorong's pulse point as laughter flooded her ears. Like those times of trying to back-hug her, Chorong smelled good. The subtle scent; having to get in this close with it. That was a heaven in both ways. 

She stayed leaning there with a smile, and they took their photos just like that. 

"Are we alright to get our prizes now?" Chorong teased as Bomi just wanted to stay like this longer. She frowned a little and Chorong pinched her sides. "A restroom break too, Bbom-ah. I need it." 

 

Bomi was first to leave the restroom when a woman she didn't know approached her, fumbling with a purse in one hand and waving her down with the other. She had no time to react. 

"Hi! I almost thought you left already. Your dancing there was impressive!" 

"O-Oh, why thank you," Bomi said startled, a little bashful. "I uh, didn't care that anyone was really watching."

"With that crowd around you, I had to check it out." The woman continued to praise, adding a point that there was "lots of potential." Potential for what? 

Bomi nervously rubbed her legs together, feeling lost, and still waiting for Chorong. The strange woman just asked for her name, and technically Bomi is a dancer-

After she left, Bomi realised she blanked out a little in the confusion. Was it… Was that woman FLIRTING with her? 

Oh no! 

Bomi clasped at her own stupidity because how could she let this happen so soon when she's with Chorong? She had to explain it to her as soon a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter