Chapter 12

Glistening
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Well, hello~ hi~ it's been a long time for this one..ㅎㅎ I know no one asked but here's a new chapter.. :)

 

Chorong woke up the next morning almost believing it was a dream. That is, until everybody let their guard down, throwing all sorts of magic and sparks everywhere. It was most definitely not a dream. 

"Morning Chorong unnie~" she heard as a tall figure in an animal onesie sped past her. The rush of wind almost caused Chorong to fall back from shock. 

Their maknae was riding on a broom a few inches off the ground like it was a skateboard. "I'm a giraffe! Hahahahaha!"

"No brooms in the house Oh Hayoung!" Namjoo snapped, her sparkly powers managing to tickle Hayoung off balance and onto the couch below with an "oof". 

"Naeun unnie! Control your girl–"

Chorong whipped over from Namjoo's line of sight, over her shoulder to a woman yawning with a stretch by her side. 

"Oh, hi unnie," Naeun greeted, making it a point to focus on Chorong only. It was either that or address their troublemaker Hayoung suddenly being her responsibility, which of course, she was not. "Unnie, you're up late today."

The blonde had slept in, which she rarely ever did. She had a hard time sleeping that night. She was getting troubled by all the things she learnt in such a brief span of time. Also, how the night had ended. 

 

~★~

 

The previous night...

And that was how they knew about Bomi. Even Namjoo didn't know about this. 

"I'm sorry Namjoo-ya, I'm sorry. I promised them not to tell anyone and I didn't want to worry you," Bomi fretted.

"It's fine, it's fine, I'm fine," the red-head said, massaging her temples. This was a lot for her to take in. After all, she only had a sixth sense for magical creatures and mystical beings, not magical humans. "Did we all accidentally take a truth serum or something?" 

Their eyes pulled to Eunji and Chorong, half-expecting them to drop more bombs.

"Yah! Don't be disappointed we're not all hiding intense secret identities and superpowers," Chorong barked, after confirming that Eunji and herself were both indeed human. Or at least she would think so. How certain can you be at this point?

"It would've been really funny though," Hayoung joked. 

Namjoo shook her head in disagreement. "That's a lot easier for me honestly. I don't know if I could take any more after not knowing about Naeun unnie and Hayoungie." She pinched the bridge of her nose dramatically.

"I mean, Naeun unnie and I are humans too. We just have the profound ability to wield magic," Hayoung snorted and Naeun lightly smacked her on the shoulder. 

"Gosh, I'm gonna wake up tomorrow morning and think this was all a dream!" Eunji said stifling a yawn. They all agreed. "We might just forget out of sheer habit," Namjoo added.

"Yeah, up until one of you decides it's a good idea to start magicking it up in the living room." Chorong squinted at them accusingly making them laugh. The atmosphere was comfortable and it seemed as if nothing had changed amongst them.

As the laughter settled down, Naeun breathed, a soft smile gracing her features.

"I don't want to forget this," she said. They looked at each other fondly at that.

 

After a big night of revelations and truths, it was off to bed for the six young women. At the sound of that, Chorong and Bomi unintentionally made eye contact from across the room and then averted each other's gaze in embarrassment. But in doing so, it appeared they had the same idea in mind. 

The pair stayed behind to speak privately and to hopefully bring some closure to their earlier conversation which was interrupted. It was pretty quiet, save for the bustling of their housemates upstairs. They were still avoiding each other's eyes and fiddling with their hands.

"So..." Bomi began awkwardly.

Chorong cleared , getting to the point. "I need to think about this, all of this, Bomi-ya."

The black-haired woman nodded in understanding but her eyebrows were furrowed. 

After some silence, Chorong continued. "With all that has happened tonight, I'll need to get used to it... But it calms my mind to know the truth, so, thank you."

To know the truth about her identity or her feelings? Maybe both. "Why are you thanking me?" Bomi asked puzzled.

"Well, you had the guts to tell me and reveal... you. That part of yourself. And then, that brought on strength to Namjoo, Naeun, Hayoung..." Chorong took a breath, shakily. "You're brave, Bomi, you know that?"

"I wasn't being brave, I just panicked– U-Unnie?"

Bomi was stunned, maybe not so much for her words but the fact that Chorong had suddenly begun to cry. 

The woman hadn't realised the tears rolling off her cheeks when Bomi instinctively jumped her into a hug. Chorong felt herself shiver in the girl's embrace before relaxing into it. She sobbed, her walls crumbling down, "I... didn't know... Naeun had to deal with that..."

Hearing about Naeun's hardships had shaken her and she really felt for the girl. 

"There, there. It's all okay," Bomi murmured comfortingly, face turned away, cheek pressed against the blonde's shoulder. The latter felt a tingle in her body and held on just a bit tighter. 

Chorong felt a part of her nag. Bomi had confessed to liking her and there was no Namjoo now to stop them, not in the way she initially suspected at least. They were free. She was this close to telling her. To being with her. To starting a romance with Bomi. Beautiful, gorgeous, Bomi. The thought made her squirm internally. The chance was right there.

But something in Chorong told her it wasn't the right time, or maybe that this wasn't even right. 

And her thoughts the next morning would only echo that again. Ever since becoming aware of Bomi being a nymph, she's felt uneasy, with something looming in the back of her mind. She needed to figure that out first before jumping into anything she might regret.

"Bbom-ah, I... don't know how I feel about you," Chorong managed to mumble in her sniffling.

That was such a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter