Chapter 8

Glistening
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Everyone, we have to tell you something." 

Namjoo glanced at a reserved-looking Bomi twiddling her thumbs and retracted her statement. 

"I mean, on behalf of us, I have to tell you something," she said with an emphasis on the 'I' part. 

 

~ ★ ~

 

A few hours ago...

She couldn't respond. She didn't know how. She had to get Namjoo in on this and they needed to tell all the girls. They needed to clear everything up if they wanted to build any trust... If she wanted Chorong to trust her. No more lies. No more hiding. 

Bomi realised it wasn't enough to say that Namjoo wasn't her lover. They needed to explain from the beginning. The day Bomi first appeared in their lives. 

And she had to start with Chorong. 

"I'm... a nymph."

There was a deep silence. All you could hear were the steady rise and fall of their breaths. Finally, Chorong said something, breaking the ice that formed.

"You're a what now?"

"She's a nymph," Namjoo called from the doorway, startling the two women. 

"How long have you been there??"

"Just now, when I heard Bomi tell you that she's a nymph," the red-head said, walking towards them.

That was the third time the word "nymph" came up within a span of seconds. Chorong was in disbelief.

"You're not angry?" Bomi asked Namjoo timidly. The red-head simply shrugged.

"No, I had a feeling this might happen sooner or later." She grimaced thinking about what she was going to have to do. "I think it's time we explain everything to everyone."

 

 

 

❀ ❀ ❀ ~

 

NYMPH  :  

From Greek mythology, a mystical human-like being that appears as a beautiful female. Nymphs are very attractive, alluring and bring balance to the environment. The way they work looks like play as they love to sing and dance. They are often found in natural locations, such as mountains, rivers and forests. Often depicted or partially covered in foliage. 

 

~ ❀ ❀ ❀

 

 

 

Namjoo was walking along the street and passed a nature walk. To get to the apartment she would usually keep going forward on her current path, but it was just then she heard what sounded like a loud yelp from around the corner. This caused her to veer off course to find out what was going on. 

Luckily enough, she narrowly missed what might've been an embarrassing collision as an old conservative-looking man in a sweater vest and flat cap went speeding past her. He definitely didn't seem the type to have planned to run today. 

What could have made him run so fast?

Namjoo's eyes locked with a silhouette that presumably scared the man. It was a bit foggy at this time, so she couldn't quite make out their features. 

Before she could contemplate whether to run away too, the person in the distance appeared to sway unsteadily before collapsing to the ground. 

Namjoo bolted forwards by instinct, the sandy trail crunching beneath her feet.

To her surprise, she discovered a female dirtied by earth. She was exhausted and breathing heavily, but conscious. Namjoo could tell she wasn't from around here by the way the woman carried herself, the clear foreignness and culture shock, and the lack of clothing. She knew it was only a matter of time before the woman would be caught for public indecency, so she decided to help her in that instant. 

 

~ ★ ~

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter